England U20's Today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England U20's Today

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Did anyone watch the game today? I couldn't see it but the scoreline looked pretty bad... How'd our City boys do?
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Re: England U20's Today

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 pm

I saw parts of it & to be perfectly frank, most of our English lads are, well fairly shite really by world standards. I've not seen that much of Mee etc since the youth cup winning run but McGivern imo always looks miles better than him. If you're not especially tall as a CB you have to be either a brick shithouse, lightning fast or read the game like Bobby Moore. He has none of those attributes. Our midfield lads are mostly defensive grafters but no obvious DeJongs threre.

Trippier has struggled but I know he does have talent & pace. He could still make it but maybe not at fullback & perhaps not at City. Nimely battled really well on his own amongst a team full of thick headed unfit donkeys & as he's a year younger, he could have something.

Ghana had a better player than England in almost every position though. Better, stronger, faster, fitter. As did Uraguay, particularly the big CB who is one worth watching.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 am

Yeah, that was the same impression I got from watching the US-Cameroon game. Everyone seemed a bit clumsy and unfit, and a large majority had really bad first touches. All i've seen from the city lads were the bit of them that played in preseason. I will definetly have to catch the next one though, as I'm anxious to watch alex get a run out...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I saw parts of it & to be perfectly frank, most of our English lads are, well fairly shite really by world standards. I've not seen that much of Mee etc since the youth cup winning run but McGivern imo always looks miles better than him. If you're not especially tall as a CB you have to be either a brick shithouse, lightning fast or read the game like Bobby Moore. He has none of those attributes. Our midfield lads are mostly defensive grafters but no obvious DeJongs threre.

Trippier has struggled but I know he does have talent & pace. He could still make it but maybe not at fullback & perhaps not at City. Nimely battled really well on his own amongst a team full of thick headed unfit donkeys & as he's a year younger, he could have something.

Ghana had a better player than England in almost every position though. Better, stronger, faster, fitter. As did Uraguay, particularly the big CB who is one worth watching.

And ten years older.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:13 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I saw parts of it & to be perfectly frank, most of our English lads are, well fairly shite really by world standards. I've not seen that much of Mee etc since the youth cup winning run but McGivern imo always looks miles better than him. If you're not especially tall as a CB you have to be either a brick shithouse, lightning fast or read the game like Bobby Moore. He has none of those attributes. Our midfield lads are mostly defensive grafters but no obvious DeJongs threre.

And ten years older.

Haha.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

And ten years older.

Not this year mate. They kind of tried to make a solution.

Amajita coach Serame Letsoaka believes his side’s chances of success at the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt later this month has been significantly boosted by Fifa’s clampdown on age-cheating.

World football’s governing body has taken the unprecedented step of measuring the bone density of players by use of an MRI scan in a bid to root out age-cheating at the tournament.

It has already impacted on the selection of some countries, particularly Nigeria, and Letsoaka says this will enhance South Africa’s chances of making an impact in Egypt.

“Most African teams will lose a lot of players. Trust me, most African players are over-age,” he says in the last edition of KICK OFF magazine.

“It is important to have these kinds of tests, though they are not conclusive as they give a gap of two years either way – it is more of an approximate. But these tests are definitely a necessity as most African players are over-age. But as a national coach there is not much I can do when I am provided with documents that state that the players are eligible.”
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 pm

I take it we're out now then having lost the first 2 games?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:03 pm

craigmcfc wrote:I take it we're out now then having lost the first 2 games?

Not sure about that, I think it's one of those tournaments where you have to try really hard to get knocked out. When we lose the next one to Outer Mongolia we should crack it though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum