We will be.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We will be.

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Top 4 at the end of this season for one reason only OUR SQUAD its better than any in the league and that includes the sky4.We can bring in quality players at any stage of the game/season even big Joe said we now 2 teams when commentating on us the other night.I predict 2nd.Discuss please guys and gals.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: We will be.

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Given
Zabaleta--Toure--Lescott--Bridge
SWP--Barry--De Jong--Petrov
Bellamy--Tevez

Taylor
Richards--Onuoha--Kompany--Sylvinho
Weiss--Johnson--Ireland--Robinho
RSC--Adebayor

Smurfy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:58 pm

The squad is the best in the league imo but you can't underestimate the advantage teams have when they've been together for years & when they know what it takes to get there, are used to teams raising their game against them & in the case of the rags; have the advantage that most teams are absolutely terrified of them.

We have the players, they have everything else.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Steve » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:29 am

Pass a little bit of that my way Gillie.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:26 pm

We're also in the fairly unique position, for one season only (hopefully), of not having a European campaign of any sort to distract us. I'd be gutted if we weren't in the Europa League next season at the very least, although I'm now daring to hope after our great start that Champs League might be a credible target. So we really need to make the most of this opportunity.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The squad is the best in the league imo but you can't underestimate the advantage teams have when they've been together for years & when they know what it takes to get there, are used to teams raising their game against them & in the case of the rags; have the advantage that most teams are absolutely terrified of them.

We have the players, they have everything else.

What ive been saying for a few months now spot on. Teams like the scousers, although not as good as us on paper, have been together for years and know each other inside out, where to play the ball for Torres run, where Gerrard is always postionally same with the Rags. As the buisness end of the season arrives this will be a big advantage to the Sky 4.

However it also boweds well for us in the future.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum