What a Poll?!?!?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What a Poll?!?!?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:42 am

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/poll/0 ... _r,00.html

So same amount of people have been impressed by Scousers than us this season. Goes to show the ridiculous bias football world has towards rags and Scousepool. Personally I think Scouse 1 has been very very unimpressive this season and I would go as far as to say that long term injury either to Gerrard or Torres and they are absolutely fooked when it comes to staying in top four. Their defence for example is remarkably average these days.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: What a Poll?!?!?

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/poll/0,16396,7401_88833_r,00.html

So same amount of people have been impressed by Scousers than us this season. Goes to show the ridiculous bias football world has towards rags and Scousepool. Personally I think Scouse 1 has been very very unimpressive this season and I would go as far as to say that long term injury either to Gerrard or Torres and they are absolutely fooked when it comes to staying in top four. Their defence for example is remarkably average these days.

I'm with you all the way brother Pants.
Original Dub

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:52 am

I agree, They have only beaten poor sides so far this season and have lost to Villa Spurs and Fiorentina.

I had a sneaky feeling it would be Liverpool that would struggle this season.

They play Chelsea on Sunday, A defeat on to them and the league is gone already and Rafa will put all his eggs into one basket with the european cup which will play nicely into our hands.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 am

I'd agree with that NQDP. They looked pretty average with squad players in at Leeds. I believe they were poor last night too.
I'd go further though.
We beat West Ham with Robinho, Ade and Ireland out and barely missed a beat. I don't believe that Liverpool would do the same with Torres, Kuyt and Steeeeevie Geeee out. Or if Filth lost Rooney, Dracula and Scholes I suspect they'd struggle. Arsenal without Fur Pursy, Fabregas and Eduardo?
It will be interesting if and when these clubs find their star men banned or injured.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:55 am

Whilst I agree with the general point, that poll only highlights the numpty's that vote in TeamTalks poll, hardly conclusive stuff
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby blues-clues » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:56 am

Can't believe what an easy start they have had.

Scraped past bolton and west ham. Good results against hull, stoke and burnley as you'd expect but turned over by villa, spurs and Fiorentina.

Amazing how people's heads are turned by a couple of high scoring games against dross like Hull and Burnley. I mean c'mon who in the top 6 is likely to lose to Burnley this season?!!!!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:58 am

blues-clues wrote: I mean c'mon who in the top 6 is likely to lose to Burnley this season?!!!!

<snigger>
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby bluemoon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 am

Completley agree mate, I've been saying to anyone that would listen even before the season started and since then, that I don't believe their team is any better than us (We all know of course our squad is better). Once you take Gerrard or Torres out of the equation, they become very ordinary imo, their defence so far hasn't looked anywhere near as good as last year and they don't have the depth or quality in their squad that us, Chelsea and United have and maybe to a lesser extent Arsenal have.

It's Going to be interesting to see how this proposed bid by the Saudi prince turns out, because if investment isn't forthcoming, then they could be in a bit of a mess this time next year and if we or someone else ends up take their Champions League spot (Which there is every chance of happening), all hell will break loose in Scouseland.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:05 am

blues-clues wrote:Can't believe what an easy start they have had.

Scraped past bolton and west ham. Good results against hull, stoke and burnley as you'd expect but turned over by villa, spurs and Fiorentina.

Amazing how people's heads are turned by a couple of high scoring games against dross like Hull and Burnley. I mean c'mon who in the top 6 is likely to lose to Burnley this season?!!!!

It is strange isn't it. Just remember how berserk this board when we beat Hull last year?! We had just been through a rather poor period results wise and then one win and we were going to ucl!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues-clues » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
It is strange isn't it. Just remember how berserk this board when we beat Hull last year?! We had just been through a rather poor period results wise and then one win and we were going to ucl!

Our trouncing of Hull was the beginning of their current run of form. The humiliation on the pitch in front of their fans by Brown was a strange move and I wonder if his credibility with the players or his respect from them was irrevocably damaged that day.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:08 am

Liverpool always do well on online polls and especially SSN polls, I guess there's more scousers at home during the day than other supporters.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:19 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/poll/0,16396,7401_88833_r,00.html

None of the big five or Spurs (see what I did there?) look very solid at the back this season, even Chelsea & unless there's a big improvement, the top places could be decided by who has the best attacking players. I won't complain if that's the case.

Liverpool were all over the shop defensively last night; amusingly so.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues-clues » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Liverpool always do well on online polls and especially SSN polls, I guess there's more scousers at home during the day than other supporters.

Seen on benefits claim form in Liverpool

"I am unable to get a job during the day because if I go out during the day my mates will rob my house. I cannot get a job in the night because that is when I go out with my mates (robbing)"
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:39 am

It all shows how these daft so-called experts soon forget about the Dippers' lousy performance at Spuds in the face of 2 very simple home games against Burnley and Hull.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:41 am

I agree and the rags have been getting along on broken glass again.. They are far from impressive apart from really bigging there game up in the derby which they usually do anyways.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:48 am

I was thinking about that and actually I would go even further. Without Torres they would be absolutely fucked already, he makes all the difference at the moment I think, totally unplayable, best striker in Europe imho.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 am

avoidconfusion wrote:

I was thinking about that and actually I would go even further. Without Torres they would be absolutely fucked already, he makes all the difference at the moment I think, totally unplayable, best striker in Europe imho.

I agree about Torres hes holding that team up right now as there defence is fucking shocking. There only winning games through him out-goaling the opposition. If he gets injured there gonna be in trouble.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm

mr_nool wrote:Image

Brilliant old pic but I find it hard to connect Lech Walesa to this topic.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Image

Brilliant old pic but I find it hard to connect Lech Walesa to this topic.

What a Pole!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum