Robinho [MERGED]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho [MERGED]

Postby Beeks » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Seems the little fella has been forgotten about recently

What do you think will happen when he's fit?...personally I don't think he is going to have an easy time getting into the starting lineup

....hang on...

Did I just say 'I don't think ROBINHO is going to have an easy time getting into a Manchester City lineup?!?!?'

I think I need to go and have a lie down....
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Robinho

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Yeah everybodys playing really well right now except Ireland and Richards it seems which is weird as Ireland was the highlight of last year..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Scatman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Seems the little fella has been forgotten about recently

What do you think will happen when he's fit?...personally I don't think he is going to have an easy time getting into the starting lineup

....hang on...

Did I just say 'I don't think ROBINHO is going to have an easy time getting into a Manchester City lineup?!?!?'

Perhaps he's not actually as good as we were making him out to be and we've got the real deal in Bellers
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 pm

As soon as he's fit, he'll start, no danger. It will certainly be up to him to have a great game mind. It's crazy stuff but I reckon if he doesn't have a good game by his standards it could be interesting. <pinch, pinch>. Anyway back in the real world I expect him to score 2 and set up a third with sublime skill . . . no danger
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Vhero wrote:Yeah everybodys playing really well right now except Ireland and Richards it seems which is weird as Ireland was the highlight of last year..

Does that really seem weird? Or could there be more to it?

Actually, while we're on the subject, does anyone know what virus it was that struck Ireland a while ago, and any news on when he'll be back to full fitness?

Re Robinho - he'll have to work to get into the team. I'd be disgusted if Hughes changed a winning team to accomodate any player.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:28 pm

Scatman wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Seems the little fella has been forgotten about recently

....hang on...

Perhaps he's not actually as good as we were making him out to be and we've got the real deal in Bellers

14 goals last season, more than Bellamy has ever got in Premier League, would suggest you are wrong.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Scatman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Scatman wrote:

....hang on...

14 goals last season, more than Bellamy has ever got in Premier League, would suggest you are wrong.

Or that I'm not living in the past
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:Yeah everybodys playing really well right now except Ireland and Richards it seems which is weird as Ireland was the highlight of last year..

Does that really seem weird? Or could there be more to it?

Actually, while we're on the subject, does anyone know what virus it was that struck Ireland a while ago, and any news on when he'll be back to full fitness?

Re Robinho - he'll have to work to get into the team. I'd be disgusted if Hughes changed a winning team to accomodate any player.

Maybe I think Irelands bad spell was partly due to no Robinho to be honest I just think they work so well together that without him Irelands lost I mean the one year he shines is the same year we signed Robinho and the games he plays bad this season are the same ones Robinho's injured..
Last edited by Vhero on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Scatman wrote:
Scatman wrote:

....hang on...

Exactly.

Games are won on players' form, not their reputation and at the moment very few attackers in the premier league could give us what Bellamy has so far this season. He's in the form of his life. I don't think Robinho has been in the form of his life for some time.

Actually, if Robinho had scored three goals (two against united) and had three assists so far this season, we'd be hailing him as a God... and then you bring into account Bellamy's work ethic, which Robinho just does not have at all.

He can't be dropped for him on current form when he returns IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Crossie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Robbie is important to Irelands game, and vice versa. Both of them back together and i think we see the best of them.

Opposition fear both of them so much, that they create space for each other. You cant man mark 5 players because huge holes will be left for players like Robbie and Ireland to exploit
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Exactly.

Games are won on players' form, not their reputation and at the moment very few attackers in the premier league could give us what Bellamy has so far this season. He's in the form of his life. I don't think Robinho has been in the form of his life for some time.

Actually, if Robinho had scored three goals (two against U***d) and had three assists so far this season, we'd be hailing him as a God... and then you bring into account Bellamy's work ethic, which Robinho just does not have at all.

I agree mate Bellers cannot be dropped right now however it doesn't mean Rob can't have a run in to get his chance of course but I think he should have a chance in a more attacking midfield role than a winger as I read that's his favourite position.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Scatman wrote:

....hang on...

Exactly.

Actually, if Robinho had scored three goals (two against U***d) and had three assists so far this season, we'd be hailing him as a God... and then you bring into account Bellamy's work ethic, which Robinho just does not have at all.

Players are hopefully bought on talent and as long term investments. Bellamy is in excellent form but then again so was Robbie this time last year.

Bellamy should be hailed for his form but it's no reason to have a pop at Robinho.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Players are hopefully bought on talent and as long term investments. Bellamy is in excellent form but then again so was Robbie this time last year.

Bellamy should be hailed for his form but it's no reason to have a pop at Robinho.

Don't think anybody was having a pop mate 0_o
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Bellamy should be hailed for his form but it's no reason to have a pop at Robinho.

I don't think he's having a pop at Robbie Antti...just think he is making a case for it being hard to drop anyone to fit the mercurial talent back into the first team
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Vhero wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm......

Scatman wrote:

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Vhero wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm......

Scatman wrote:

not a pop although a bit dillusional lol
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Spot on NQDP, I doubt very much that Bellers will be the one to miss out tbh
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby sky_blue_stew » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:08 pm

There's no guarantees Robinho will walk back in - have to prove his determination in training and earn it. I trust Hughes isn' the sort of manager to ever let players become untouchable. Real Madrid have proven in the past how ignoring form for reputation damages a team's prospects.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Robbie is a unique player & as some have said; brings the best out of Ireland. No one in the PL has anyone like Robinho, he can be our matchwinner if he performs to the top of his ability. What he can't be is guaranteed a place though.

We're a totally different team with Ireland & Robinho linking up compared to the Bellamy, Tevez, Petrov linkup. That's a great thing to have; stop one team & you have to deal with another, then there's the Rocky/Adebayor possible link up; a third team! The trick is to keep him happy. If we can, we have a genius who, with Ireland & co, can produce football of a kind as good as anything the PL has ever seen but he'll have to sit out some games as we have to play a different formation to suit him. If he's not happy about that he'll sadly have to go & we'll still be brilliant without him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:28 pm

It's funny that there are a lot of people seriously questioning whether Robinho should get back in when he's back. I'm surprised that some still haven't warmed to him fully. It's like they don't want him to get better.

Have we peaked already or can we get better? Robinho struggled when we didn't have space last year and he had to do too much on his own.

We might hit real form when he returns. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play again for us. If things are good now...
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum