Robinho [MERGED]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho [MERGED]

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:03 pm

But you are a fucktard cunt...and senile, maybe he is worried you'd forget.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Slim wrote:But you are a fucktard cunt...and senile, maybe he is worried you'd forget.

I thought you'd be asleep or some shit... you horrible cunt.

He doesn't spell it like that anyway, he spells it "Fuktard, cunt"

Otherwise I would have thought you were both the same person....
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:But you are a fucktard cunt...and senile, maybe he is worried you'd forget.

Ohhhh that's low.

I suppose to be expected from a fuktard cunt...oops.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ohhhh that's low.

The game is up.

Agreed, it was very low.

Anyway, on topic.

We've got Robinho. Yay.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ohhhh that's low.

The game is up.

Agreed, it was very low.

Anyway, on topic.

We've got Robinho. Yay.

And I still laugh.

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ohhhh that's low.

The game is up.

Agreed, it was very low.

Anyway, on topic.

We've got Robinho. Yay.

And I still laugh.

Brilliant.
Original Dub

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I have a different slant on this - which actually gives me a a whole lot of hope for the season and seasons to come and that is that what is going on at CITY at the moment is a whole 'new CITY' and a sweeping away of the 'old CITY' culture - totally away.

Now I know these words are often used - but with respect to away form I think that they have real meaning. I am a CITY fan of 40+ years - for years and years I never missed a match home or away - and I can tell you that the understanding of the fans was no matter what a fortress Maine Road was - we always - always expected to lose away - no matter who we were playing.

Now this was not just the fans being negative - it was the result of continuously going away and continuously getting beat - the away fans became a mutual support group - having great crack before - during - and after matches - we had to - there was fucking little to cheer about in the results.

So re Robinho being poor away - well the entire team was - and the year before that - and the decade before that and so on - apart from lower league competition when we occasionally had a promotion march - FACT - we have been shit away from home for 40 fucking years.

This cannot be a coincidence - it has to be some culture issue - a mindset issue that the players have and new players coming in are infected by - "Oh well we were away after all..." Even our great teams of the late 60's were like that - I do not know if they were on the lash at the hotel the night before - but the greats we nowadays moon about could be staggeringly good at Maine Road - and equally bad the next week away.

Now I do not need to check the stats - I made the journeys and got the depression - even the 67/68 season I would bet we won no more that 7 or 8 - certainly not double figures – I remember the next year – starting with Fenarbache – we were total shit – I bet no more than 5 and I bet it was the same the year after (another glory year!!!). Imagine what it was like over the next decade(s) when we not in the glory years with good players.

Now I know that there will be some stato out there that might challenge me – but my assertion is that we have been a complacent club with complacent players and complacent fans (because it became habit) – and every new surge foundered because the new players coming get infected - even when we spent shedloads.

That is why I am optimistic – this time CITY seem to have said a form of “FUCK IT you lot – you had a whole year to exert yourselves and you could not be arsed – wholesale change of mindset needed then!!!!

Rather than get a few great players in that can be dragged down – lets perform an entire transplant of winning mentality – lets have a NEW CITY – from grass roots upwards - starting with top players used to winning in the premiership - not some stars that need to acclimatise etc

People say that Hughes blames things before – the staff he took over – fuck that I am saying it has been a disease for decades – and much as I liked Sven – you do not make fundamental mindset change by some gentle coaxing of the players that it would be really appreciated if….. so he failed

If my assertion is right – we have imported the mindset at such a level that change becomes inevitable – the casuals become the minority and need to change if they want to stay on the gravy train. So:

Elano – sorry, you could be great on your 10mins (not day), but……

And so on.. It is no coincidence that people of that old mindset are very thin on the ground - I see Rob as part of the new cuture personally but we will see

We needed a manager that was willing to break the eggs and we need owners that would provide the support – and if it is to be long term – 10 years plus at least – it needs to be SYSTEMIC - it needs to be done at all levels - from administration - to training facilities - to academy - to transfers - to 1st team - to the way we handle the media and so on – so fuck off Jose for me (that would be 2 years of 1st team focus - media hype (for him) and then a vacuum)

As far as Robinho is concerned – well of course the same applies to him – but IMO – he will thrive and excel – he did in a team of losers before – so lets get excited about the prospects now – if he does not – well there can be little doubt he will be on his way – but I think he will make and create goals for fun is he has some space because other quality players are putting the shift in and he is not spending his time trying to jump 6ft 8in to reach the balls out of defence!!

If I am right we will get used to winning and it will become the norm - maybe if it is successful the fans might get out of there torpor as well - fuck me if after 40+ years of depression I can - then all should be able to

That was a bit of an essay,nice read though.
I've felt the pain in a similar way and understand what you say about changing the mentality of our club and I more than agree that I think Robson has this winning mentality.
That is why I cant understand why people want to get rid of possibly one of the best players we have ever had because it appears that he is not as dynamic away from Eastlands as he is there.
Thats more than Robsons doing.
And I made a bit of a mistake on Ade figures before so I apologise.
This is what I've been able to find out:
Rob,110 goals since 2002 = 110/7 = 15
Carlos, 101 since 2001 =101/8 = 12
Ade, 99 since 2001 = 99/8 = 12
Craig,133 since 1996 = 133/13 = 10
RSC ,85 since 1998 = 85/11 = 7.
If somebodies got some other figures I have no problem with being corrected.
But from those numbers I cant see why Robson should be dropped.

Because footballers are not only about how many goals they score.
Did all round team work ever pop into your mind?

Some of your way of thinking is like a 9 year old... and you're probably about 68.

What were you like when you were 9? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

back on topic without the childish name calling etc
footballers are about goals.
goals win games... always
all round team work doesnt ...always
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:34 pm

9secondlegend wrote:What were you like when you were 9? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

all round team work doesnt ...always[/quote]

I thought you wanted to avoid childish name calling and you post that tripe?

Remember the Geo strike against the filth two years back? That goal didn't win the game...it gave us the lead, but 11 men in a backs to the wall defensive effort gave us the win.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Slim wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:What were you like when you were 9? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Remember the Geo strike against the filth two years back? That goal didn't win the game...it gave us the lead, but 11 men in a backs to the wall defensive effort gave us the win.[/quote]

i never called anyone?
9secondlegend

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:47 pm

9secondlegend wrote:
Slim wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:back on topic without the childish name calling etc

Remember the Geo strike against the filth two years back? That goal didn't win the game...it gave us the lead, but 11 men in a backs to the wall defensive effort gave us the win.

i never called anyone?

No, but posting utter crap tends to inspire it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Slim wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:
Slim wrote:

i never called anyone?

so your saying that if someone scores 20-30 goals a season they shouldnt be in the team if they are shite?
9secondlegend

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:51 pm

9secondlegend wrote:
Slim wrote:

i never called anyone?[/quote]
and the goal did win the game.
if he didnt score we wouldnt have won.
9secondlegend

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:52 pm

9secondlegend wrote:
Slim wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:
Slim wrote:

i never called anyone?

so your saying that if someone scores 20-30 goals a season they shouldnt be in the team if they are shite?

When did I say that? I said that teamwork counts towards winning games. Tevez may score 5 goals this season but I would barely swap him for anyone in the team, his workrate and selfish play are worth so much to this team to the point that they could probably be quantified in points won.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:59 pm

no slim
you have jumped in on a post that i quoted original dub on and seem to have took his discussion on
9secondlegend

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:02 pm

9secondlegend wrote:no slim
you have jumped in on a post that i quoted original dub on and seem to have took his discussion on

No 9SL, I know what I am thinking and what I posted and don't need you to imply I meant something more than I posted...thanks.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:42 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I have a different slant on this - which actually gives me a a whole lot of hope for the season and seasons to come and that is that what is going on at CITY at the moment is a whole 'new CITY' and a sweeping away of the 'old CITY' culture - totally away.

Now I know these words are often used - but with respect to away form I think that they have real meaning. I am a CITY fan of 40+ years - for years and years I never missed a match home or away - and I can tell you that the understanding of the fans was no matter what a fortress Maine Road was - we always - always expected to lose away - no matter who we were playing.

Now this was not just the fans being negative - it was the result of continuously going away and continuously getting beat - the away fans became a mutual support group - having great crack before - during - and after matches - we had to - there was fucking little to cheer about in the results.

So re Robinho being poor away - well the entire team was - and the year before that - and the decade before that and so on - apart from lower league competition when we occasionally had a promotion march - FACT - we have been shit away from home for 40 fucking years.

This cannot be a coincidence - it has to be some culture issue - a mindset issue that the players have and new players coming in are infected by - "Oh well we were away after all..." Even our great teams of the late 60's were like that - I do not know if they were on the lash at the hotel the night before - but the greats we nowadays moon about could be staggeringly good at Maine Road - and equally bad the next week away.

Now I do not need to check the stats - I made the journeys and got the depression - even the 67/68 season I would bet we won no more that 7 or 8 - certainly not double figures – I remember the next year – starting with Fenarbache – we were total shit – I bet no more than 5 and I bet it was the same the year after (another glory year!!!). Imagine what it was like over the next decade(s) when we not in the glory years with good players.

Now I know that there will be some stato out there that might challenge me – but my assertion is that we have been a complacent club with complacent players and complacent fans (because it became habit) – and every new surge foundered because the new players coming get infected - even when we spent shedloads.

That is why I am optimistic – this time CITY seem to have said a form of “FUCK IT you lot – you had a whole year to exert yourselves and you could not be arsed – wholesale change of mindset needed then!!!!

Rather than get a few great players in that can be dragged down – lets perform an entire transplant of winning mentality – lets have a NEW CITY – from grass roots upwards - starting with top players used to winning in the premiership - not some stars that need to acclimatise etc

People say that Hughes blames things before – the staff he took over – fuck that I am saying it has been a disease for decades – and much as I liked Sven – you do not make fundamental mindset change by some gentle coaxing of the players that it would be really appreciated if….. so he failed

If my assertion is right – we have imported the mindset at such a level that change becomes inevitable – the casuals become the minority and need to change if they want to stay on the gravy train. So:

Elano – sorry, you could be great on your 10mins (not day), but……

And so on.. It is no coincidence that people of that old mindset are very thin on the ground - I see Rob as part of the new cuture personally but we will see

We needed a manager that was willing to break the eggs and we need owners that would provide the support – and if it is to be long term – 10 years plus at least – it needs to be SYSTEMIC - it needs to be done at all levels - from administration - to training facilities - to academy - to transfers - to 1st team - to the way we handle the media and so on – so fuck off Jose for me (that would be 2 years of 1st team focus - media hype (for him) and then a vacuum)

As far as Robinho is concerned – well of course the same applies to him – but IMO – he will thrive and excel – he did in a team of losers before – so lets get excited about the prospects now – if he does not – well there can be little doubt he will be on his way – but I think he will make and create goals for fun is he has some space because other quality players are putting the shift in and he is not spending his time trying to jump 6ft 8in to reach the balls out of defence!!

If I am right we will get used to winning and it will become the norm - maybe if it is successful the fans might get out of there torpor as well - fuck me if after 40+ years of depression I can - then all should be able to

That was a bit of an essay,nice read though.
I've felt the pain in a similar way and understand what you say about changing the mentality of our club and I more than agree that I think Robson has this winning mentality.
That is why I cant understand why people want to get rid of possibly one of the best players we have ever had because it appears that he is not as dynamic away from Eastlands as he is there.
Thats more than Robsons doing.
And I made a bit of a mistake on Ade figures before so I apologise.
This is what I've been able to find out:
Rob,110 goals since 2002 = 110/7 = 15
Carlos, 101 since 2001 =101/8 = 12
Ade, 99 since 2001 = 99/8 = 12
Craig,133 since 1996 = 133/13 = 10
RSC ,85 since 1998 = 85/11 = 7.
If somebodies got some other figures I have no problem with being corrected.
But from those numbers I cant see why Robson should be dropped.

Because footballers are not only about how many goals they score.
Did all round team work ever pop into your mind?

Some of your way of thinking is like a 9 year old... and you're probably about 68.

What were you like when you were 9? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think the figures shown are relevant, and he is posting a fact not an opinion. That was a cheap, unnecessary shot. Carry on your vendetta privately.

Ask arsenal fans about Adebayors contribution, honestly, shocking post, expected better.

The figures are completely irrelevant because they don't take into account games started or quality of opposition. Robinho's scoring rate for Madrid & City added together for instance is not as Good as Tevez scoring rate for West Ham, rags & City added together or Bellamy's scoring rate for Liverpool West Ham & City added together or Ade's scoring rate for Arsenal or City added together. All of those are more recent & more relevant than how many Robbie got before he went to madrid, playing for Santos, which he's included.

I'm not saying Robbie can't score btw, just that the figures are meaningless. I think Robbie can get 20 goals for us if he shifts his arse.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:46 pm

9secondlegend wrote:no slim

He said what I'd say anyway.

I thought it was obvious TBH, apparently not.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:

First of all let me apologise to anybody who reads this and thinks it should be kept of the board but Dud has started by making it public so I feel I have to reply to some of the lies he has been saying.
The first PM between me and Dud was sent by him.The saddo sent me one a few weeks ago.
For 2 days I've been calling him a f*****d c**t.Not everyday.Just one of his many lies.
The saddo also called me a Fucktard and cunt repeatedly many times."The infamous Barry Letter" thread is one that comes to mind but there have been many more so I just called him back what he has called me.
If anybody cares to look at my post history you will see I've never sworn at anybody.
I havent quoted him for months yet he picks up on what I have to say and instead of saying he thinks I'm wrong just hurls insults my way.
There more but I wont bore you all with it.
Anyway I apologise for bringing this in the open but I feel I had no other option.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby edge275 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Have we established who the fucktard cunts are yet?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:10 pm

edge275 wrote:Have we established who the fucktard cunts are yet?

I think its Dub and RH, but probably you too. :p
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum