Robinho [MERGED]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Where does Robhino fit in now ?

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:10 pm

My gut feeling is that MH don't fancy him in the team long term, and he will be seen as phase 1 of the "plan" he falls into the nice to have players and he probably reminds him of Elano. A swop for YA YA Toure and some cash would be good. I reckon he is good for the team when fit however, he should be seen as part of a more important set of players than when he joined us. There are some players in the squad who are just as important to the bigger picture of MCFC. HUGHES WILL BIN HIM FOR SURE, If he was fit he would be babbling on and on about not been first choice up front. I did say I think he is a top player but I feel he probably is high maintainance !
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Where does Robhino fit in now ?

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 pm

I'm one of Petrov's biggest fans. I think the guy is brilliantly talented and adds so much to the team. But even I'll admit that Robinho is a stronger player to have down the left.

Long term, who knows? But I believe you keep your best players and Robinho is definitely one of our best.

BTW, your post takes a really odd turn here:

HUGHES WILL BIN HIM FOR SURE, If he was fit he would be babbling on and on about not been first choice up front. I did say I think he is a top player but I feel he probably is high maintainance !
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Robby has skill, flair and is something that you can't really put into words. He fits in wherever he wantsto fit in for me and I somehow seem to enjoy every game he plays in. He is class and will always have a place for me!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:34 pm

[quote="Beefymcfc"]Robby has skill, flair and is something that you can't really put into words. He fits in wherever he wantsto fit in for me and I somehow seem to enjoy every game he plays in. He is class and will always have a place for me![/quote]

did you see him play in the away games ?ie wigan ??
i don't know what to think of him ,he loves the attention at coms but away what a fcuking waste also the travelling back and forward to S.America must take its toll on the player,i 've a feeling he's gone in the next window
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:47 pm

the water carrier, i get my hat
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:48 pm

dazlebluefrog wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Robby has skill, flair and is something that you can't really put into words. He fits in wherever he wantsto fit in for me and I somehow seem to enjoy every game he plays in. He is class and will always have a place for me!

did you see him play in the away games ?ie wigan ??
i don't know what to think of him ,he loves the attention at coms but away what a fcuking waste also the travelling back and forward to S.America must take its toll on the player,i 've a feeling he's gone in the next window

He needs the love, and away we still had another 10 players; or did we? For me, he is the only person who can change a game single handedly, and whilst most of our lads will work their balls off, he is the exception that I'll except!

Is he still not the player we rate everyone else from?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:58 pm

I think the fact that when we played away last season he had about 5 players around him when he got the ball kicking the shit out of him might have something to do with him not being as good away from home. Could be why Ireland flourished given more room?
This season with Adebayor and Tevez and Barry covering the left I think he'll be fine away from home.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 pm

MaseCTID wrote:I think the fact that when we played away last season he had about 5 players around him when he got the ball kicking the shit out of him might have something to do with him not being as good away from home. Could be why Ireland flourished given more room?
This season with Adebayor and Tevez and Barry covering the left I think he'll be fine away from home.

I am with you on this - but get him off the left - floating role behind the strikers and he will create / score goals for fun
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby anthonytomo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:03 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:I think the fact that when we played away last season he had about 5 players around him when he got the ball kicking the shit out of him might have something to do with him not being as good away from home. Could be why Ireland flourished given more room?

I am with you on this - but get him off the left - floating role behind the strikers and he will create / score goals for fun

I would go with this, Ireland hasn't impressed me much this season, so I say give Robbie a go there, let him do the attacking / creating and De jong, Kompany or Barry do the holding midfield role, especially at home. Sure it up away from home by all means but if were going to challenge for things we have to start really going fo rthings at home. Not that I'm complaining about current form though!
anthonytomo
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:16 pm

I think it’s a big season for Robinho, we are evolving as a team at a phenomenal pace and Robinho needs to show a better attitude on and off the pitch or I reckon he will be shipped out maybe even as early as January, its entirely up to him.

I get the feeling there’s no love lost between Hughes and him, I don’t think Hughes has forgiven him or Elano (yet) for kicking him when he was down last season, this season the politics are different, 5 wins from 6 in the Premiership City playing good football and the fans are taking to Hughes, point being Robinho would be very foolish now not to tow the line and upset the apple cart because he has gone from indispensable to dispensable, the evidence is in the results.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:44 pm

I cant believe some City fans seem to want to see the back of Robinho!! The only reason he didnt get best player of the season was due to Ireland being so so good. Our top scorer as well, not bad for a first season in the Prem .Im sure once he gets back to fitness he will be out of this world now he is surrounded by top players.

I cant help but worry on hearin all these stories linkin him with Barca. I wouldnt be too shocked if he left but I hope he stays put.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby shawzy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Personally i think he will shine in the squad.Much better than last season.Luv the little fella.
God knows why but iv got a feeling he will be sold in Jan, for whatever reason.Hope im wrong.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:16 am

Dazzacity wrote:I cant believe some City fans seem to want to see the back of Robinho!! The only reason he didnt get best player of the season was due to Ireland being so so good. Our top scorer as well, not bad for a first season in the Prem .Im sure once he gets back to fitness he will be out of this world now he is surrounded by top players.

I cant help but worry on hearin all these stories linkin him with Barca. I wouldnt be too shocked if he left but I hope he stays put.
I don’t think fans want to see the back off him mate.

I think fans just want to see the back of his baggage, his storming off to Brazil when things go wrong, his little moans in the newspapers, or his hissy fits in the dressing room, he gets rid off all that he is more than welcome to stay because he is a great talent who will enrich any side (when he feels like lol).

I don’t think anybody is questioning his ability.
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:58 am

Have you any proof of these "hissy fits" that you mention?
Wasn't the storming off (?) tripo to brazil more to do with sorting his family out at a time when he had a rape accusation hanging over him?

TBH, Like everyone else, I too love Robbie and his sublime skills but I too wonder where he might fit in.
I loved Rodney Marsh, one of the most intelligent and skillful footballers of his time...but he cost us the League title.
I absolutely worshipped Kinkladze and his silky skills that had me and most defenders mesmerised...but we got relegated with him.

I think it all depends on what style of football we play and whether Robbie enhances that style. There can be no doubt of his quality but maybe "where he fits in", is a bigger question than we realise.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:39 am

john68 wrote:Have you any proof of these "hissy fits" that you mention?
Wasn't the storming off (?) tripo to brazil more to do with sorting his family out at a time when he had a rape accusation hanging over him?

TBH, Like everyone else, I too love Robbie and his sublime skills but I too wonder where he might fit in.
I loved Rodney Marsh, one of the most intelligent and skillful footballers of his time...but he cost us the League title.
I absolutely worshipped Kinkladze and his silky skills that had me and most defenders mesmerised...but we got relegated with him.

I think it all depends on what style of football we play and whether Robbie enhances that style. There can be no doubt of his quality but maybe "where he fits in", is a bigger question than we realise.

You are joking ?

His trip to Brazil was an unsanctioned trip, just because the club played down the entire episode so as not to feed the anti City RAG infested press, doesn’t meant it really was an impromptu family holiday sanctioned by the club, what you saw was our clubs PR machine going in to damage limitation mode.

It was also common knowledge that Robinho was part of a group of players who were making a concerted effort to see Hughes get the bullet, running crying to Gary Cooke about the rigorous training routines etc, Elano being the main instigator, he now finds himself playing for some poxy outfit in Greece..

I don’t have anything against Robinho he is a great player when he feels like it.

He has a lot of baggage though, and that’s why he was shipped out by the Gallacticos
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 am

Svensational wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:You are joking ?

His trip to Brazil was an unsanctioned trip, just because the club played down the entire episode so as not to feed the anti City RAG infested press, doesn’t meant it really was an impromptu family holiday sanctioned by the club, what you saw was our clubs PR machine going in to damage limitation mode.

It was also common knowledge that Robinho was part of a group of players who were making a concerted effort to see Hughes get the bullet, running crying to Gary Cooke about the rigorous training routines etc, Elano being the main instigator, he now finds himself playing for some poxy outfit in Greece..

I don’t have anything against Robinho he is a great player when he feels like it.

He has a lot of baggage though, and that’s why he was shipped out by the Gallacticos

He actually plays for Galatasaray in Turkey...
Lol thanks for that, I stand corrected.

Shows you how much interest I have in Turkish football (or Greek for that matter), regardless I don’t think it was a great career move for him, from what I am led to believe he was told he was History at City and the Greeks (sorry Turks ) were the only takers, says more about Elano than us.
CITYTILLIDIE11

Re: Robinho [MERGED]

Postby saulman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:56 am

You couldn't fuckin make this shit up, could you?

Robinho is up there with the very best players in the world. He is the marquee signing we all dreamed of playing at City. Last season he was our top scorer and was not only finding his feet in the Premier League, but also adapting to a new country, facing a rape accusation, dealing with his mates getting sold off, and dealing with getting kicked to fuck in every away game.......all the while being blamed for Citys woeful away form and accused of being lazy. This all in a team that had players of the quality of Vassell, Benjani and Cacaedo. The entire season he also spent with the media on his back the whole time.

This season we have the opportunity to surround him with top quality, gifted grafters and what are people suggesting? That he shouldn't get in the team?

What a load of fuckin bollocks. We should be looking to build the team around Robinhos skill, not having him sat on the bench waiting for a transfer. He is too good a player to have sat on the bench and anyone who thinks otherwise is off their fuckin heads.

Robinho started this revolution and he should be part of it now it's taking hold.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:08 am

saulman wrote:You couldn't fuckin make this shit up, could you?

Robinho is up there with the very best players in the world. He is the marquee signing we all dreamed of playing at City. Last season he was our top scorer and was not only finding his feet in the Premier League, but also adapting to a new country, facing a rape accusation, dealing with his mates getting sold off, and dealing with getting kicked to fuck in every away game.......all the while being blamed for Citys woeful away form and accused of being lazy. This all in a team that had players of the quality of Vassell, Benjani and Cacaedo. The entire season he also spent with the media on his back the whole time.

This season we have the opportunity to surround him with top quality, gifted grafters and what are people suggesting? That he shouldn't get in the team?

What a load of fuckin bollocks. We should be looking to build the team around Robinhos skill, not having him sat on the bench waiting for a transfer. He is too good a player to have sat on the bench and anyone who thinks otherwise is off their fuckin heads.

Robinho started this revolution and he should be part of it now it's taking hold.

Amen!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:11 am

You have to admit mate that he was woeful away from home last season? And it was more than a coincidence that games he did not perform in we usually lost, hence our appalling away form.

He was a Marquee signing last season a star player in a side that was average at best, hence why he stood out like a sore thumb.

This season we have evolved though, we now have a side full of class players; we have won 5 out of 6 in the Premiership, I like our shape and think we look more compact especially on our travels .

Results speak for them selves.

I am not saying there is not a place in the side for him; I am saying he is not the be all and end all, for me Bellamy and Adebayor are the players that really make us tick along with,De Jong in the middle
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:44 am

This, can't believe the stuff some people write about him on here.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum