Hughes welcomes selection problems

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hughes welcomes selection problems

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has welcomed the problems his in-form players are giving him when it comes to picking his first-choice line-up.

Players such as Martin Petrov and Craig Bellamy have turned in fine displays while deputising for the likes of Robinho, and striker Roque Santa Cruz is also now fit.

With Carlos Tevez in good form and Emmnauel Adebayor due to return from suspension on Monday night at Aston Villa, Hughes acknowledges that he has some tough calls to make.

"I am going to have lots of options but it is a good problem to have," the Welshman said, according to Sky Sports.

"We have good players playing well and good players still to come back. Now it is down to me to make sure I pick the right options for the right opposition."

With Robinho set to return from injury in the next few weeks and Vincent Kompany ready to start knocking on the door again, Hughes's nice 'problem' looks set to continue.

"It is exciting because people can see what we are capable of," he added.

"We are in decent shape and things seem to be falling into place. We are playing well, with confidence.

"I am absolutely convinced we will produce even higher-quality football because of the quality we already have, and the quality that will be available to us in the future."
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Hughes welcomes selection problems

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Nice.

Some useful hints there, e.g.

"We have good players playing well and good players still to come back. Now it is down to me to make sure I pick the right options for the right opposition."
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum