a special europa league match

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

a special europa league match

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:38 pm

didn't know where to put this (but if one of the lads thinks it should be moved ok ) i ain't seen it mentioned but i reckon it should be mentioned as last year many of us here broke our "virginity" in the old uefa cup away in either danmark or germany and also one of us nearly didn't come back (though not the same reason)
i'm watching toulouse /club brugges at the moment (0-0 ht ,not a very good match)why you might think am i watching such a match ?well 2 weeks ago a group of about 15 fans from toulouse were having a quiet drink in belgrade before the match against partizan in an irish pub when a hooligan walked passed heard them speaking french with the owner and came back with a group of about 20 thugs armed with baseball bats, iron bars,etc, 2 of the french lads got a good doing over including a 28years old father of a little girl who sadly lost his fight tuesday ,Brice Taton was his name tonight at their match they had a giant banner with his face on it, a minute silence also took place and sunday when they play at home in the league against lorient its free you give what you want for the seat you take with all the money going to his family , an excellent idea from the club (they reckon it will sell out )but it won't bring him back, RIP brice
it's 1-1 now 10 mins to go
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Re: a special europa league match

Postby Blue Toy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Have Partizan been booted from the competition?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby david yearsley » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Wouldn´t go near fuclin Serbia - they produced cnuts like Vidic and the twat who was at Milan whose name is so long it escapes me - ban the fuclers!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:55 pm

no not yet mate but it didn't happen in the stadium so really what can be done ?over here they've shown in belgrade the buildings with the flags at half mast and they said they are so upset with what had happended putting flowers and lighting candles in front of the french embassy over there
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:57 pm

david yearsley wrote:Wouldn´t go near fuclin Serbia - they produced cnuts like Vidic and the twat who was at Milan whose name is so long it escapes me - ban the fuclers!

couldn't agree more ,wasnt that players name milokovics or somthing like that?
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Postby spiv » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 pm

That is sad to hear, I am so glad that we were welcomed by all the opposition fans from all the places that we went to last season.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:28 pm

spiv wrote:That is sad to hear, I am so glad that we were welcomed by all the opposition fans from all the places that we went to last season.

spiv mate we took how many to the away games ??Toulouse had a grand total of ................about 30!! yes 30fans they were supposed to meet up in front of the players hotel to get a bus with police protection to the ground
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm

A very sad story which I had read last week. The same gang (allegedly) had just gone and done over some Australian fella. Not good at all. I recently mentioned I'd like to visit over their one day, but I think i'll be putting that on the backburner. Due to recent events they had to cancel a gay march due to the tensions (I believe thats what I read). This does paint a poor picture of Serbia, but I'm sure it is very much a minority. A very racist (or do I mean xenophobic?) minority.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby ScapeGoat » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Being from Serbia I feel I have to comment.

It's a right wing extremist group which honestly should have been banned years ago. A Gay pride parade was scheduled around that time, but was canceled due to high risk, so thugs found someone else.

These right wing groups are a product of the war torn 90's which are still not viewed objectively by many here.

I wouldn't call Serbia a tourist paradise, but this incident as terrible as it is, is not something that happens here often.

Everyone here is shocked, the public is saddened and enraged. Thousands showed up at city squares around the country to pay respect to Brice and demand severe punishment for murderers.

There is motion to ban 3 right wing groups.

ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:36 am

^ Hold on.

The war didn't create these nutters but from what I've understood it was other way around. When Karadzic started gathering his army, the very root of it was hooligan group of Partizan Belgrade. There was ALWAYS racist element among their supporters who were only fully unleashed during the war.

Also almost one third of the population of Serbia according to Wikipedia support Partizan. I'm sure that's not because "they have nice kits". I honestly think it would be better for long term good of your country if club was shut down.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ScapeGoat » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:10 am

Well, every country has certain percentage of hooligans, the question is how you deal with them.

Football supporter groups were always a focal point for thugs of all kind. But in 90's they were given nationalist direction and were used in the war.

These groups are the cancer of the society, and it keeps growing.
So what we have now is a dangerous mix of organized crime and hooliganism with blessing from parts of the orthodox church and right wing parties.

As for 1/3 of population supporting Partizan, there probably is another 1/3 supporting Red Star, but these are the only 2 "big" clubs here. I would guess that in Scotland half of the country supports either Celtic or Rangers.
I certanly wouldn't say that 1/3 of population is racist if that's what you're implying

I don't think the club needs to be shut down, honestly Red Star is no better, but it needs to be cleansed of these extremist, and clubs need to take a firm stance, instead of paying for lawyers of these murderers like they do now.

As I said there is a motion to ban 3 right wing groups, but that will just make them underground.

So, we'll see what will happens.
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 pm

9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:26 pm

"At ten o'clock in the morning, Brice's parents have to suffer the pain of watching their son die in front of them despite all the efforts made by the medical team."

Heart-breaking!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:14 pm

MaseCTID wrote:"At ten o'clock in the morning, Brice's parents have to suffer the pain of watching their son die in front of them despite all the efforts made by the medical team."

Heart-breaking!

it certainly makes me think about things ive done in the past and what could have happend.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby one man army » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When Karadzic started gathering his army, the very root of it was hooligan group of Partizan Belgrade.

just pro forma: it was Red Star Belgrade, not Partizan.
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:^ Hold on.

The war didn't create these nutters but from what I've understood it was other way around. When Karadzic started gathering his army, the very root of it was hooligan group of Partizan Belgrade. There was ALWAYS racist element among their supporters who were only fully unleashed during the war.

Also almost one third of the population of Serbia according to Wikipedia support Partizan. I'm sure that's not because "they have nice kits". I honestly think it would be better for long term good of your country if club was shut down.

Karadzic was a Bosnian Serb politican (although born in Montenegro), not a Serbian. At the outbreak of the war, lots of people in other Yugoslav republics supported one of the two Belgrade clubs. The most notorious paramilitary group were Arkan's Tigers, actually consisting of Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) hooligans.

Everything in Serbia exhudes nationalism, from football to pop music. The fat lesbian who won Eurovision 3 years ago, even did the Chetnik '3 finger' salute to celebrate. Even the 4 'C's on the flag stand for "Samo sloga Srbina spasava" (Only Unity can Save Serbia), with the 'Unity' implying that of ethnic Serbs.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 pm

one man army wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:When Karadzic started gathering his army, the very root of it was hooligan group of Partizan Belgrade.

just pro forma: it was Red Star Belgrade, not Partizan.

Beat me to it!
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Steve » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:^ Hold on.

Karadzic was a Bosnian Serb politican (although born in Montenegro), not a Serbian. At the outbreak of the war, lots of people in other Yugoslav republics supported one of the two Belgrade clubs. The most notorious paramilitary group were Arkan's Tigers, actually consisting of Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) hooligans.

Everything in Serbia exhudes nationalism, from football to pop music. The fat lesbian who won Eurovision 3 years ago, even did the Chetnik '3 finger' salute to celebrate. Even the 4 'C's on the flag stand for "Samo sloga Srbina spasava" (Only Unity can Save Serbia), with the 'Unity' implying that of ethnic Serbs.

Sound like a pretty scary group of people to be honest.
Steve

Postby one man army » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Steve wrote:Sound like a pretty scary group of people to be honest.

crvena zvezda hool's or serbian people as a whole? :]
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby Steve » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:57 pm

one man army wrote:
Steve wrote:Sound like a pretty scary group of people to be honest.

crvena zvezda hool's or serbian people as a whole? :]

I don't think I would disrespect either!
Steve

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum