Parking at Villa?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Parking at Villa?

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:58 am

I'm gonna be driving down to Villa Park on Monday, does anyone knoe of any roads that are around villa park that will be ok to park on? I know that some of them are going to be for permit holders only, but there must be some that aren't aswell.

Any ideas, ta!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: Parking at Villa?

Postby Elvistheblue » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:10 am

I can't remember where I parked last season......it was about 10-15 min walk from the ground in what seemed a quiet residential area and there were no permits required....I know this isn't really helping with your question, but i was wondering what time people are thinking of setting off?? Sorry for jumping on your post but I can't start threads. I was thinking of getting away at about 1600 - I live in wythenshawe so thought 4 hours would be sufficient considering we'll be travelling right through the middle of rush hour.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:26 am

Think we're gonna be setting off from Cheadle between 4:30 and 4:45, I finish work just before half past gotta pick a few people up who live round the corner from each other. I reckon it'll take about 2 hours to get there including traffic unless there's some epic pile up! Last year someone else drove, and I wasn't paying attention but we ended up parked in a residential area without permits, similar length walk as yourself, but noone can remember how we found it, it was more fluke than anything!
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Twobob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 am

Same here - I've driven down to Villa several times and can never remember were it was that I parked.

Last time I did end up on a little car park thing because the street was full of parked cars and paid a fiver ... Allways end up just aiming at the ground but then turning Left at a big round about ... but thats as much as I know...

I'll have a chat with the Villa fan here at work and If he knows of any good places I'll pop it on here!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:48 am

Twobob wrote:Same here - I've driven down to Villa several times and can never remember were it was that I parked.

Last time I did end up on a little car park thing because the street was full of parked cars and paid a fiver ... Allways end up just aiming at the ground but then turning Left at a big round about ... but thats as much as I know...

I'll have a chat with the Villa fan here at work and If he knows of any good places I'll pop it on here!

THe only bit that I have any recolection of, is like you say, turning left (when facing the ground) at the roundabout where the away pub is on the corner. And it was about a 10 minut walk, had a look on google maps and I seem to recall the bridge over the railway lines. But that's about it.

keep us posted with what your villa mate says.
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:32 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:
Twobob wrote:Same here - I've driven down to Villa several times and can never remember were it was that I parked.

THe only bit that I have any recolection of, is like you say, turning left (when facing the ground) at the roundabout where the away pub is on the corner. And it was about a 10 minut walk, had a look on google maps and I seem to recall the bridge over the railway lines. But that's about it.

keep us posted with what your villa mate says.

Always served us well. When you come off the mway, at the roundabout take the first exit left, and there is a little park immediately on the left, go on there and there is a subway under the road - park on the grass verge. Hope your handbrake is good, but its free, safe (swarming with traffic cops who dont ticket you there), 5 mins from the ground and right on the m way.

Best parking spot I ever seen at an away ground, use it every year
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby MOONIN » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 pm

MOONIN
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: mancity
My favourite player is: pele

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 pm

MOONIN wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4PYRKjgRw&feature=related

?

thanks for your input
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby M147WN » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:29 pm

We park under the flyover which is about 10 minutes walk from the ground.
There's some waste ground under there + a pay car park (you don't get charged for parking under the flyover but you have to que with the car park lot to get out!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:44 am

I'm a long way from Villa or any other football ground now, my parking problems are in Pennsylvania, but I remember every time I've gone down the M6 for a City match there's always been traffic jams & a long tailback, and lots of supporters are late getting in.
So leave early.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby TomS » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:25 am

When I´ve been to Villa years ago, I parked in a residential area (not permit holders) next to the Trinity Road.
Get off the M6 at Walsall (Junct.6), drive down the A34 Birmingham/walsall Road for 5 Min. and when you reach the Mosque on the left there is the Trinity Road. I used one of the next sideroads, 10 Min. walk and after the match you are not in the (normal)traffic for the M6 Junction 6.....
We had no problem to get back on the road and the A34/M6....

And for a drink the Barton Arms is about 5 Min down the A34.
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby King Kev » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:17 am

This is on the OS
Aston Villa have sent us the following information for City fans driving to Villa Park for Monday night's game:

We recommend that fans travelling by car from the North exit the M6 at Junction 7 and follow the signs for Birmingham A34.

Having passed Alexandra Stadium on the left, all vehicles should stay in the nearside lane. Leave the main carriageway just prior to the flyover at Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium (DO NOT go over the flyover). The road splits in to four lanes as you approach the traffic lights.

Stay in the left hand lane and you will see signs for matchday parking priced at £4. Villa Park is a ten to fifteen minute walk from the car park and using these car parks will ensure you access the motorway quickly after the match.

Any Disabled supporters should contact our Disabled Liaison Officer on 0121 327 2299 ext 344 for information on Disabled parking.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:06 am

pepsi_dave wrote:I'm gonna be driving down to Villa Park on Monday, does anyone knoe of any roads that are around villa park that will be ok to park on? I know that some of them are going to be for permit holders only, but there must be some that aren't aswell.

Any ideas, ta!

Park in any barn mate i'm sure they won't mind they never seen cars over there before so would be happy to see it parked in there barn next to there horse drawn carriage.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby pepsi_dave » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Vhero wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:I'm gonna be driving down to Villa Park on Monday, does anyone knoe of any roads that are around villa park that will be ok to park on? I know that some of them are going to be for permit holders only, but there must be some that aren't aswell.

Any ideas, ta!

Park in any barn mate i'm sure they won't mind they never seen cars over there before so would be happy to see it parked in there barn next to there horse drawn carriage.

All I can picture at the moment is that scene in back to the future....... fucking pissing myself!
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum