Training Saturday 3/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Saturday 3/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:11 pm

A decent if unspectacular session today which to an extent was messed up by gale force winds. Everyone out again as yesterday ( I forgot Nedum still not fit enough) and Robinho is now out of that splint thing 2 days ago and the scan gave the all clear. Benjani was out working 1 to 1 with a coach.

Good warm up routines and at one point doing the keep ball circle everything came to a standstill as the whole group dissolved into laughter. At Bellamy's expense it looked like but hard to tell. One of the routines was a very slick passing movement , basically one touch but the guys were very impressive with it. They moved onto a full 11 a side game but it wasn't really that feasible as the wind was so strong across the pitch. Anything crossfield either flew miles or just held up in the wind. Some attempts were made at dead ball crossing into the box a la Young/Milner but it wasn't easy.

They switched to play 2 separate games of 4 a side which was fun and competitive as ever.On the closest pitch the star performer was Nigel who was both impossible to get past in 1 to 1's and basically dictating for his team going forward. A lot more to him than just destroying and maybe we will see that sometime in a match.Plenty of goals scored as you would expect in small sided games. Tevez got plenty in one game but pretty well everyone would have scored at some point.

A few stayed back for extras and yet again Petrov was working very hard on 1 twos with a coach sprinting down the line to cross the ball and then sprinting back to a defensive position. Lescott was working with EN on something specific and Bellers was doing more again on finishing with Bowen feeding him volleys and half volleys inside the box.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 3/10

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Cheers for this DH,great report as usual and yes it wasnt half windy this morning early on.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Great dedication to the cause Doug, its still blowing a bloody gale in Middleton!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:41 pm

I enjoyed todays session although the weather was annoying!!

Ireland was finishing superbly in the mini 4 a side games or whatever they were. He looks fit as a fiddle again and should hopefully be back to his best very soon. Ade looked good again scoring a few!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks Doug...as always.

Over the years Doug I have seen a number of different of our different squads training. What comes across in your reports is that this particulaar squad seems to have a great cameraderie and togetherness. Not always obvious in other squads we have had in the past Mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:02 pm

john68 wrote:Thanks Doug...as always.

Over the years Doug I have seen a number of different of our different squads training. What comes across in your reports is that this particulaar squad seems to have a great cameraderie and togetherness. Not always obvious in other squads we have had in the past Mate.

I have been going for a couple of years now and the changes after Hughes came along have been very noticeable. That's in the overall approach to the training but yes I would agree there does seem to be a great spirit now within the whole squad.

Undoubtedly part of what Hughes and co have worked on is getting players not just of the right skill quality but also the right character and ,to the extent it can be done, the right personal make up to get them to fit into a team with a very hard work ethic.Watching them as they came out today and any day is quite interesting. Often 2 or 3 will come out together but it isn't always the same pairs or groups.Today NDJ and Lescott wandered out together fairly late and they were having a right laugh together. A few of them jumped on a buggy (SWP and Bridge being the lazy sods) to save their legs and got some ribbing when they arrived.

Inevitably some are more noticeable within the group by the actions and noise levels but even the quieter ones are in no way left out. Just a great feel to the squad.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:I enjoyed todays session although the weather was annoying!!

Ireland was finishing superbly in the mini 4 a side games or whatever they were. He looks fit as a fiddle again and should hopefully be back to his best very soon. Ade looked good again scoring a few!

Lewis, I don't know whether it's posting on this site, or school, but your spelling and grammar have come on 100% in the last few months!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby play like we dream » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:02 pm

These insights are just brilliant. Again, thanks for your commitment. It so helps us exiles. Hughes seems to exude a confident, quiet rigour. Is that part of why they respond?
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:

Lewis, I don't know whether it's posting on this site, or school, but your spelling and grammar have come on 100% in the last few months!

He's trying to set an example for the rest of us.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:34 pm

play like we dream wrote:These insights are just brilliant. Again, thanks for your commitment. It so helps us exiles. Hughes seems to exude a confident, quiet rigour. Is that part of why they respond?

He does have a calm style about him and a confidence which also comes across through interviews almost whatever the circumstances. Whether the players respond to that exactly is hard to say but it should be hard to respond to the situation we are in where we have a chance of winning something. The talent is obvious throughout the squad , there is a good balance to the team even though it's still fairly early days in it's evolution.

If the players are also responding to the style of management/coaching then I really think we have half a chance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:47 pm

You must have known how poor this training report was Doug, afterall you have only given yourself 3/10.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Slim wrote:You must have known how poor this training report was Doug, afterall you have only given yourself 3/10.

Yes the wind got to me as well. I will try to do better.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:38 am

No coincidence that Bellers is again last to leave the training paddock. Put in on the training ground and it shows on the field.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:30 am

dazby wrote:No coincidence that Bellers is again last to leave the training paddock. Put in on the training ground and it shows on the field.

how then do you explain your wankathons not leading to better performances dear sir? please discuss.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Biamp » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:23 am

Cheers Doug, thanks for the report.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby foley87 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 am

are they out again today doug and if so do you know what time
foley87
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:38 am

foley87 wrote:are they out again today doug and if so do you know what time

They will be out but I am not sure of the timing. 11 is my guess.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:26 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

2pm would be a better guess.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:30 am

2pm would be a better guess.

Having a fun conversation there Doug?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:37 am

Slim wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

He's trying to set an example for the rest of us.

cheers Somerset. It is because the start of my Gcse's are weeks away and apart from revising i am coming on here and typing and it is improving my english too i guess.

And slim, yes i am setting an example. Follow it!! Or else......
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum