Loud mouthed and arrogant

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loud mouthed and arrogant

Postby Steve » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:18 pm

9secondlegend wrote:
dazlebluefrog wrote:we are talking about that lad ???????????????????????????????????????was it daniel somebody??

daniel stannidge. he played for us a bit back. he only managed a couple of games he just couldnt make that step up.

I thought it was Dean?
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Grob » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 am

I had heard that Ross Turnbull was a bit of a bastard
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:07 am

Sturridge was one of very very few players that I didnt like while at City.. Just didnt like his attitude.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fish111 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:45 am

He shouldn't be England captain if he's behaving like that!! ;-)
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:33 am

Well rid of him. I sense a truly wasted career in the offing.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:40 am

I dont see why he gets so much abuse.
Personally hope the lad does well,obviously not against us.
Anyway I see it as good training for him.
Not as if we cant afford to buy him back in future if he does turn out to be good.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:45 am

Rag_hater wrote:I dont see why he gets so much abuse.
Not as if we cant afford to buy him back in future if he does turn out to be good.

Raggy sometimes I am sure God sent you to mancityfans.net just to say the opposite of what everybody else is thinking! Or are you the Devil's advocate?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:16 am

john@staustell wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I dont see why he gets so much abuse.

Raggy sometimes I am sure God sent you to mancityfans.net just to say the opposite of what everybody else is thinking! Or are you the Devil's advocate?

I know this might be walking into a bit but please dont call me Raggy or Raggers or anything like that as it makes me sound as if I like them and I REALLY REALLY dont.
Back to Daniel,I'd have him back in a few years time if he is good enough.
The way players behave as long as they are not violent doesn't bother me.
For example,Johno's drinking exploits dont worry me in the slightest.
Rag_hater

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:58 am

I think I was the one who most used Raggers...I'll respect your request mate...will RH be ok?...(only laziness really)

I agree with that, except where a player's attitude or social habits affect his performance.
My view was simply pointing out that; last years "big hope for the future" had become largely forgotten by City fans and that we had moved on.

Considering our present roll call of strikers and their good form, I can't see how he would have got much chance to play or develop here with us. Maybe it was a good career call on his part after all...All that is incidental, I don't think many of us care that much.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:00 am

He's had like 5 good games in his career, whats the bog deal? Injury prone to boot.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beeks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

john68 wrote:I can't see how he would have got much chance to play or develop here with us. Maybe it was a good career call on his part after all...All that is incidental, I don't think many of us care that much.

Do you really think he will get much of a sniff ahead of Anelka and Drogba at Chelsea though John?!

Doubtful
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

john68 wrote:I think I was the one who most used Raggers...I'll respect your request mate...will RH be ok?...(only laziness really)

I agree with that, except where a player's attitude or social habits affect his performance.
My view was simply pointing out that; last years "big hope for the future" had become largely forgotten by City fans and that we had moved on.

Considering our present roll call of strikers and their good form, I can't see how he would have got much chance to play or develop here with us. Maybe it was a good career call on his part after all...All that is incidental, I don't think many of us care that much.

RH would be fine thankyou.
As for Danny,as you say most of us have moved on but personally I dont feel the lad has done anything bad to us so I dont understand why there is so much vitriol directed at him.
Rag_hater

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:54 am

IBH,
At Chelsea, he is probably 3rd in line in an excellent set up. At City he is behind Ade, Bellamy, Tevez, RSC, as a striker and behind Robbie, Petrov and SWP out wide....also in an excellent set up. In that repsect, he is further up the pecking order. That sounds pretty good to suggest our forward line is possibly stronger than the Chelsea one...happy days eh!

RH,
Sturridge committed the crime of making a personal career decision that was seen at the time as a snub to the club that had spent time and resources to develop him. It was translated as disloyalty to City and it annoyed City fans....me included. In hindsight, because we have strengthened our forward options, he has been largely forgotten about. For the lad, he has made a decent move for his career. Hindsight is 20/20 vision...(as they say).
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum