Sundays epl Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sundays epl Games

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:12 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:I honestly do believe that were a lot better than Liverpool, when Gerrard and Torres get marked out of the game like today, there game plan goes to shit and they just pass it from midfield back to defence over and over again. Loseing Xabi Alonso has really fucked the rythem of there side up from last season.

As for Arsenal I think there gonna be a force at home but are going to drop points in physical games and games against the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool away.

I really think if we get together a quality run at some point in the season we can finish 3rd.

Chelsea are looking very impressive to me and I think they will win the league, as the season goes on the Rags will miss Ronaldo more and more because mid-table teams (like Sunderland yesterday) will start getting results against them where as over the last few seasons, Ronaldo used to finish them of.

Agreed on all points 3rd is definitely achievable if we keep up our level of play and there is no reason we can't with our squad.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby razor400 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Selling Alonso was a fucking moronic thing to do, as was treating him like shit when he was injured. The fact that the scousers won't sack Benitez can only work in our favour. Chelsea are looking good but remember they've got an ageing team, they were dicked by the pie eaters and they can't buy anyone in the transfer window. a couple off injuries and who knows. If we can keep up til january then we have a chance of really mixing it, not just deposing one of them for forth spot.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:23 pm

i cant believe i read all of this gay thread!
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby john68 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:06 pm

If you look at the number of points dropped by the top teams, we are on schedule, joint top with Chelsea... Chelsea are certainly not out of reach and we are ahead of the rags. It means the ball is in our court to beat Vanilla tomorrow and keep the pressure on.

POINTS DROPPED
Chelsea.......3pts
CITY...........3pts
the rags.......5pts
Arsenal........6pts
Villa............6pts
Spurs..........8pts
L'Pool..........9pts
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Win becomes really important on Monday now, fucking Chelski.

p.s. No-one is out of our reach, that's fucking loser talk.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm quite amazed at how cautious so many city fans seem to be regarding our chances of success. I know we have had years of let down and failure but I honestly believed that once we had real hope, Blues fans would cast off the heavy yoke of the previous suffering and jump at the chance to rejoice.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby edge275 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:35 pm

john68 wrote:I'm quite amazed at how cautious so many city fans seem to be regarding our chances of success. I know we have had years of let down and failure but I honestly believed that once we had real hope, Blues fans would cast off the heavy yoke of the previous suffering and jump at the chance to rejoice.

It's like being HIV+ for 30 years then someone comes along and says "You're cured". It takes a while for you to accept and believe it.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby john68 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 pm

No mate...it's like going shopping at Tesco, arriving home and refusing to let go of the bags mate...just plain daft.
john68

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:47 pm

john68 wrote:No mate...it's like going shopping at Tesco, arriving home and refusing to let go of the bags mate...just plain daft.

What if there's cougars at your place and if you let go of the bags you will be giving up your food and you'll have to live on cougar meat for the next month and it's raw as well cause you only have gas and the cougars ate the matches that were in the tesco bags? Huh? huh? What then smart guy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:55 pm

How can I not agree with that mate?
john68

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:59 pm

It's rare the cougar theories can be disagreed with.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby razor400 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:03 pm

9secondlegend wrote:i cant believe i read all of this gay thread!

No one cares.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Postby razor400 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Slim wrote:
john68 wrote:No mate...it's like going shopping at Tesco, arriving home and refusing to let go of the bags mate...just plain daft.

What if there's cougars at your place and if you let go of the bags you will be giving up your food and you'll have to live on cougar meat for the next month and it's raw as well cause you only have gas and the cougars ate the matches that were in the tesco bags? Huh? huh? What then smart guy.

You don't need matches if you've got a piezoelectric starter.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:20 pm

razor400 wrote:
Slim wrote:

You don't need matches if you've got a piezoelectric starter.

How could I cougar use one of them without opposable thumbs? Man, think things through.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluemoon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:39 pm

I love your optimism John, you've seen more than most of us and are lucky enough to have see the good old days as well as the many false dawns since. Unfortunatley there's many of us (me included) that don't want to get too carried away as all we've ever seen is false dawns.

On paper I see us having a squad more than capable of a Top 4 finish. The signs really do look good both on and off the pitch, but there's always that little 'This is City' thought in the back of my head. in saying that, my confidence in the team increases week by week and with us nearly having our squad back at full stregnth and the players beginning to gel and hit form, the signs look as good as they've ever looked. Tomorrow night the team will do their talking and I for one am buzzing. These are great times to be a blue.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:08 am

Bluemoon mate,

Your post touched something deep inside me me about City, about our past, about our hopes, successes, failures, our dreams and our many disappointments over the years. Unfortunately mate, it touched so many different areas of life that it will take me some time to think how i can explain it to you.
Trust me it has very little to do with blind optimism. It is more about how we approach life and the City part is only a reflection of that.
john68

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:16 am

john68 wrote:Your post touched something deep inside.

The day the music died?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 am

Weired experience yesterday watching the Chelsea game with a mate. He was saying how we could do with it being a draw & I said that for the first time in my life I really didn't care about the result as no-one could affect our results and that if we continued the season the way that we have started, no-one would be able to live with us. That said, tonight's game is a real test of where we are & where we want to go. A great performance tonight & we go into the international break in third spot
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:42 am

I think we need to understand that every game is going to be important this season, every game is going to be a test of some sort but none of them will stand out as being crucial on their own.
Because it is a long season, we will be allowed to make the odd slip and still stay on schedule. Chelsea and the rags have already done so but nobody is suggesting their challenges are over. Our only loss was at the swamp, a game most clubs would consider a loss at as being normal.
We are in a no lose situation again tonight. In the bigger picture, a loss or draw would not be a disaster and a win would be a major success against a team we expect to be in the mix at the top.
john68

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum