Yaya Coming to city in January??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yaya Coming to city in January??

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Right so i reckon Yaya coming to us in January is a big possibility. He is out of the first team at barcelona at the moment. Keita has taken his place and Yaya wont be very happy about sitting on the bench will he. Kolo is going to speak to him and try and bring him to Eastlands!!

but there are rumours going round that Yaya will come to us and Robinho go the other way plus Barca pay us money?? What do people think of this?
I would love for Yaya to come to us but not at the expence of Robinho going the other way. Robbie still has so much to offer and can offer us so much. (Except for chasing after the ball) Robinho's place is not guarenteed anymore but he is still one of our most valuable players and when fit and ready could link up brilliantly with Tevez, Ade and Bellers. But if we just paid money for Yaya and got him and still had Robbie where would Robbie play and where would Yaya Play? What would the lineup and formation be?
Would you be happy to see Yaya arrive?

You would have these bunch of players and you would have to pick 11 and by the way I havent done the full squad.

GK's-
Shay Given
Taylor

Defenders-Lescott
Toure
Richards
Bridge
Zabaleta
Ned
Kompany
Sylvinho

(I reckon Garrido will be gone in January)

Midfielders-
Kompany
Ireland
SWP
Petrov
Yaya
Robinho
Barry
De Jong
Johnson

Strikers-
RSC
Robinho
Tevez
Bellemy
Adebayor

It is one hell of a big team to pick from!!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Yaya Coming to city in January??

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:06 pm

Would love him to come but maybe not at the expense of Robinho. Would swap Robinho for Yaya and another established player though. Preferably a CB.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Vhero wrote:Would love him to come but maybe not at the expense of Robinho. Would swap Robinho for Yaya and another established player though. Preferably a CB.

How about this then- Robinho to Barca and Yaya and Puyol come to us?
Blueboylewis

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:15 pm

De Jong
Kompany
Zabs
Barry

Cos we are soooo short in that position arnt we?

No point just bringing in players for no reason, now dont get me wrong I understand Yaya is probably one of the best DM's in the world but the squad is settling and I think De Jong will get better and better!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby edge275 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:
Vhero wrote:Would love him to come but maybe not at the expense of Robinho. Would swap Robinho for Yaya and another established player though. Preferably a CB.

I would go for Robinho plus cash (enough for them to buy Fabregas) for Yaya and Xavi.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:

That would work rather nicely :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:17 pm

edge275 wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:

I would go for Robinho plus cash (enough for them to buy Fabregas) for Yaya and Xavi.

I would take that!!! But Xavi just wouldent come and that would mean dumping either Ireland or Barry. Xavi and Yaya play best in midfield.
Blueboylewis

Postby Colin the King » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Not only is Keita ahead of him, but Sergio Busquets seems to be getting games now so he won't be playing an awful lot. I'd welcome him here- but not if it meant losing Robinho.
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby s1ty m » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm

I would wager a large sum on yaya coming in a deal for robbie. I'd do it, without hesitation. I also think Henry could be the makeweight. Just a thought.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Colin the King wrote:Not only is Keita ahead of him, but Sergio Busquets seems to be getting games now so he won't be playing an awful lot. I'd welcome him here- but not if it meant losing Robinho.

That can only be good for us then hey. It would be quality if we bring him to Eastlands in January and it is a real possibility!!
Blueboylewis

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:23 pm

I would'nt entertain any deal involving Robinho going to any other club, especially to a rival.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:De Jong
Kompany
Zabs
Barry

No point just bringing in players for no reason, now dont get me wrong I understand Yaya is probably one of the best DM's in the world but the squad is settling and I think De Jong will get better and better!

This if aint broken don't fix it.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Kompany
Zabs
Barry

Zabs is a DM now?? Since when?? and Barry isn't either..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Vhero wrote:
Kompany
Zabs
Barry

Zabaleta can play DM, So can Kompany but Zaba's best position is arguably right back and Kompanys is centre back. Kompany played Centre back for Hamburg many a time and did brilliantly well but with Lescott and Toure at centre back. I doubt very much that he will get played there.
Blueboylewis

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:16 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Kompany
Zabs
Barry

Zabaleta can play DM, So can Kompany but Zaba's best position is arguably right back and Kompanys is centre back. Kompany played Centre back for Hamburg many a time and did brilliantly well but with Lescott and Toure at centre back. I doubt very much that he will get played there.

Just because he can play there though doesn't mean that's his natural position that's like putting Barry as our 1st LB. He can play there but he would be more suited up the field. I just think people try to go too far to prove a point.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Obviosly you wouldnt play Barry or Zabs as first choice DM (although zabs did pretty well there briefly last year)
But what I am trying to say is with De jong and Kompany good enough for us, and 2 back ups if needed we really dont need another!

Obviosly if that list was full of shite DM's then I'd be all up for Yaya but with De jong and Kompany both very good there anyway, there is no point just buying players for the sake of it, especially if it involves a swap for Robinho. Who although hasnt had the best start to the season will continue to be an influential player for us in the long term.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:Obviosly you wouldnt play Barry or Zabs as first choice DM (although zabs did pretty well there briefly last year)
But what I am trying to say is with De jong and Kompany good enough for us, and 2 back ups if needed we really dont need another!

Obviosly if that list was full of shite DM's then I'd be all up for Yaya but with De jong and Kompany both very good there anyway, there is no point just buying players for the sake of it, especially if it involves a swap for Robinho. Who although hasnt had the best start to the season will continue to be an influential player for us in the long term.

I agree though we really don't need another DM Kompany and De Jong fighting for that place is good enough for us and Zab should be playing no where but RB right now as he is our best RB he shouldn't be playing DM. We could probably do with another RB aswell as a CB.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Vhero wrote:
Lee_Kinda wrote:Obviosly you wouldnt play Barry or Zabs as first choice DM (although zabs did pretty well there briefly last year)

I agree though we really don't need another DM Kompany and De Jong fighting for that place is good enough for us and Zab should be playing no where but RB right now as he is our best RB he shouldn't be playing DM. We could probably do with another RB aswell as a CB.

Dani Alves?? ;)
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stockportblue » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:24 pm

The squad at first team level is pretty strong.De Jong,Kompany and Kompany plusZabaletta can play in front of the back four.puyol isnt proven in the premiership and probably slightly past his best.The focus for City I believe now is finding the best 16-20 year olds in the world.
Last edited by stockportblue on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Vhero wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Kompany
Zabs
Barry

Just because he can play there though doesn't mean that's his natural position that's like putting Barry as our 1st LB. He can play there but he would be more suited up the field. I just think people try to go too far to prove a point.

I never said that Zabaleta would be happy playing dm or anything. And i know just because Barry can play left back, We wont play him there. You are right in saying Barry likes playing in Midfield because that is probebly where he can play his best football and is a rock in midfield. One of the best buys, If not the best buy of the summer. Players have second positions and thats what you are trying to get at init but yes i know what you mean Vhero mate.
Blueboylewis

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum