Tickets for Chelsea?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tickets for Chelsea?

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 am

Hi all,

I'm planning another trip to Manchester before Christmas. I'd prefer the Chelsea game on December 5, but am a bit worried about the ticket situation ... Do you think it'll even go on open sale or will access card holders put their hands on all the tickets?

I would of course want to book my flight as early as possible to get a good price, but I don't want to be left standing with a non-refundable Easy-Jet ticket, and no way of getting to the game ...

Any advise? Anyone who can help me out (haven't met too many on here, but I'm sure a few could vouch for me)?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Re: Tickets for Chelsea?

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 am

mr_nool wrote:Hi all,

I'm planning another trip to Manchester before Christmas. I'd prefer the Chelsea game on December 5, but am a bit worried about the ticket situation ... Do you think it'll even go on open sale or will access card holders put their hands on all the tickets?

I would of course want to book my flight as early as possible to get a good price, but I don't want to be left standing with a non-refundable Easy-Jet ticket, and no way of getting to the game ...

Any advise? Anyone who can help me out (haven't met too many on here, but I'm sure a few could vouch for me)?

It will prolly go on open sale the Arse game did.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:30 am

Keep your eyes on the website and you should get a ticket mate no probs. Not too many glory-hunters yet!

I'd be much more worried about it being switched for TV. Dont think either SKY or ESPN have announced Dec yet. Could be anytime between Sat lunchtime and Monday night!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 am

lets all have a disco wrote:

Might take a gamble then, and go on the OS as soon as they go on open sale. Is there a risk that it'll be moved to Sunday due to SKY being idiots or to Cumps League?

Edit: Thanks John! I'll probably stay Friday to Monday, so i'll be alright if they move it to Sunday. Monday night's a different issue ...
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:32 am

mr_nool wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:

Might take a gamble then, and go on the OS as soon as they go on open sale. Is there a risk that it'll be moved to Sunday due to SKY being idiots or to Cumps League?

I reckon we will be on Sky so i think youd be best making a weekend of it pal do some xmas shopping etc etc.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:47 pm

im sure someone on here would get you a ticket, if not pm me nearer the date and i will try to get you a ticket on one of my mates citycards
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:im sure someone on here would get you a ticket, if not pm me nearer the date and i will try to get you a ticket on one of my mates citycards

Cheers mate! I think I'll just go ahead and book a flight + hotel and hope for the best.
How much sooner are the tickets released for city card holders?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Colin the King » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:37 pm

I'll sort you out Nooly, because of the new job I get a spare ticket for home games now.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Colin the King wrote:I'll sort you out Nooly, because of the new job I get a spare ticket for home games now.

That's bloody excellent!I'll PM you as soon as I've sorted flights etc.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TomS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Hy Noolie,

as they closed down my direct fliight destination Bremen-Mcr (argh, ryanair, if you don´t do what they want, they will shut the destination faster as you can say Sorry for that fault), witch one is your route? A´dam-Mcr? easyjet, right?

Looking for other possibilitys as my only ones are now Berlin-Mcr. and Bremen-Liverpool, but without a flight back before tuesday......
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:46 pm

TomS wrote:Hy Noolie,

as they closed down my direct fliight destination Bremen-Mcr (argh, ryanair, if you don´t do what they want, they will shut the destination faster as you can say Sorry for that fault), witch one is your route? A´dam-Mcr? easyjet, right?

Looking for other possibilitys as my only ones are now Berlin-Mcr. and Bremen-Liverpool, but without a flight back before tuesday......

Sorry about Ryan Air cancelling Bremen-Manchster. You had a sweet deal there.
I'm usually going from Amsterdam (the airport is only half an hour away) to Liverpool. There's no good options to Manchester from here, unfortunately (KLM and BA being a lotmore expensive), but it's quite fat and easy to get from Liverpool airport tom Mcr.

Edit: forgot to mention that it's possible to go with Ryan Air from Dusseldorf to Mcr, but I don't think the hassle is worth it.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TomS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:53 pm

THX!
A´dam could be an option as I have to drive 2-3h there.....

And by the way, also no Düsseldorf-Mcr. anymore, they cancelled 9 of 10 destinations from/to Mcr.
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:55 pm

TomS wrote:THX!
A´dam could be an option as I have to drive 2-3h there.....

And by the way, also no Düsseldorf-Mcr. anymore, they cancelled 9 of 10 destinations from/to Mcr.

Didn't know that! Personally I don't care too much, since I think it's worth quite a few euros to be able to go from the airport closest to me.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Anyone know when Sky will set the schedule definitely?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Just booked my flight for this game. I'll be in the Townley from around one or two. Ale is my pint of choice. See you there!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum