Monday Night Football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday Night Football

Postby Beeks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 am

I don't know about you lot but i'm hating this Monday football thing

It pisses me off...usually you look forward to the weekend...few pints...then down to the game on a Saturday/Sunday...then Match Of The Day in the evening...just not the same on a Monday school night is it!?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Monday Night Football

Postby ant london » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:01 pm

Well this week I am actually quite happy with the Monday night match

Tomorrow, you see, is 6 October which is a national holiday here in T'Egypt as it was the date of the start of the Yom Kippur war between Egypt (and associated Arab states) and Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur_War

Also, last week, I walked into the boozer for the Villa match wearing my Tevez shirt and found a guy in a lovely new home shirt. Needless to say we bonded quite well so I now have a blue compatriot to watch games with here...which is TOP!

So I'm gonna get smashed tonight and I'm off out with a rather nice girl tomorrow
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Hazy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:03 pm

ant london wrote:Well this week I am actually quite happy with the Monday night match

Tomorrow, you see, is 6 October which is a national holiday here in T'Egypt as it was the date of the start of the Yom Kippur war between Egypt (and associated Arab states) and Israel.

Also, last week, I walked into the boozer for the Villa match wearing my Tevez shirt and found a guy in a lovely new home shirt. Needless to say we bonded quite well so I now have a blue compatriot to watch games with here...which is TOP!

So I'm gonna get smashed tonight and I'm off out with a rather nice girl tomorrow

Hey you are taking the Piss now ! Stop it The match on the lash and a date in the same week FFS what are the Lotto numbers Ant !
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:05 pm

gives me something to look forward to on a monday but i agree the w/e's just dont feel the same without a city game!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:06 pm

What you need is to get your manager to register on here like I did with Invisible Man Fan, that way when you are going to watch City your boss will make sure you are off and allow you to start on a late shift on the following day!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Sorry IBH but we seem to be disagreeing today....(wanna fight?)...:-)

You spoilt git...:-)....Years ago, we would have given our right arms for this sort of coverage. All we got, apart from a few midweek cup games was Saturday...then it was all over for another week.
I love the coverage now. Remember that when we won the League at Newcastle, it wasn't the MOTD game...all we got was a few minutes highlights. Neither was our Euro Cup Winners Cup victory shown...we had to be content with a few seconds at the end of the late night news.

Gerrarovit...yer moanin git!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beeks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:19 pm

john68 wrote:Sorry IBH but we seem to be disagreeing today....(wanna fight?)...:-)

You spoilt git...:-)....Years ago, we would have given our right arms for this sort of coverage. All we got, apart from a few midweek cup games was Saturday...then it was all over for another week.
I love the coverage now. Remember that when we won the League at Newcastle, it wasn't the MOTD game...all we got was a few minutes highlights. Neither was our Euro Cup Winners Cup victory shown...we had to be content with a few seconds at the end of the late night news.

Gerrarovit...yer moanin git!!!

Yeah but if you work Mon-Fri you want to cram in as much as you can on a weekend don't you!

Monday is a crap day...even with football in the evening you still have to drag your arse out of bed for work the following day!

Bring back 3pm Saturday kick offs!

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:27 pm

I'm with ya, mates and beers are the norm sat night for city games at my place. Not too many are up for a 5am Tuesday KO Brissie time.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:53 pm

I just love night games full stop..... not been to an away night match before so I'm quite looking forward to this one!!! I just find that there's something different about the atmosphere at night matches.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:58 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:I just love night games full stop..... not been to an away night match before so I'm quite looking forward to this one!!! I just find that there's something different about the atmosphere at night matches.

haha away night games are great but we have had some shit ones over the years.
lincoln springs to mind got beat 4-1 (i think) i missed roslers 1st minute goal as we were still in the pub and i had to come back in the boot of a ford mondeo as there was no other way back!
Last edited by 9secondlegend on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby ant london » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:59 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:I just love night games full stop..... not been to an away night match before so I'm quite looking forward to this one!!! I just find that there's something different about the atmosphere at night matches.

I agree....I love nighttime games. MILES better than afternoon kickoffs

I used to love it at Maine Road when we had Friday night games...that was a top top top way to start the weekend
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:20 pm

ant london wrote:Well this week I am actually quite happy with the Monday night match

Now it's time travel that yr capable of? jesus. Austin Powers has nothing on you son.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:24 pm

hehe oooopsie....ah they play in the same damn kit

we win btw ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:29 pm

I dont mind it so much. I think more 3pm sat ko would be nice, but as said, it does give us/everyone more coverage. I work shifts so its actually ok if we have a late ko when Im on earlies as I can still go to the game. Bit brutal gettin back so late and havin to get into work for 6am the next day. But Im a night owl anyways so not much bother.

Its also good for people that work weekends. They still have a chance to make midweek games.

I agree though. Sat games have a much better feel. I think its the fact you dont have work the next day and can get on it and relax. Went to a few Sunday games last season and I found I still had tht sinkin feelin you get when you think about facing work on Monday and starting a whole new week again..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sky_blue_stew » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Nah, coverage wins the day for me. Agreed, Saturday matches are best for attending, but when it comes to seeing the team on the box live, along with all the media reports that come afterwards, really elevates the status for a team like us. Have to agree with John68, the old MOTD coverage when we'd get 2 mins and no analysis took the biscuit. We've had a turnabout in fortunes so we're now getting more coverage anyway, but for the teams outside the European palces and above the relegation zone, Monday nights/Sudnay matches are the best chance their fans get to see away matches if they aren't diehards. Also, evening matches have the feel of a knockout for some reason - it might just be me but I feel there seem to be less draws Monday nights!
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Im off to get the coach to Villa Park in a few minutes.

Small bottle of vodka,city scarf,wallet,ticket and a smile.

CTID.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Fish111 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Don't mind Monday night football at all miself, i drink all weekend anyway and Monday night footie is another excuse to go down the pub!!
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:02 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Im off to get the coach to Villa Park in a few minutes.

Small bottle of vodka,city scarf,wallet,ticket and a smile.

CTID.

Be lucky...be safe...and I hope the smile is broader on the return journey...for obvious reasons.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum