*Aston Villa V MCFC Official Match Thread*

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *Aston Villa V MCFC Official Match Thread*

Postby Beeks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Should i take bets on who is going to start the RSC thread after months out injured and 25mins of 1st team football..??!!

Let them bitch Sis...they were bitching about Bellers not so long ago...clueless hahaha
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CityGer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Lucky point. I'll take that.

We were poor.

we weren't poor

Ok then.

Why do you have to be so negative? WE just got a point off Villa, who have had pretty much the same start to the season as us?

We were away from home and were 1-0 down and come away with a point, ok we could've played alot better but we were no way near poor.

I'm not being negative. I said I was delighted with the result. We played quite poorly though. Couldn't create chances, couldn't get out of our own half and were hoofing aimless long balls. Credit to Villa for putting so much pressure on us and defending well.

You clearly didn't watch the game.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Although I didn't see too much of the 1st half, I think we played pretty well away from home to a Top 4 contender. The set pieces still worry me but our attacking options far outway them.

Bridge wasn't at the races tonight, which was sort of understandable really and it was when Stevie came on and put some dynaminsm into the team that we really started playing.

Overall, a very good point and I can imagine quite a few of the top teams will struggle against Villa at home. I'm fairly happy with that result.

PS. Dunne you Cunt (only joking).
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby xavi6 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Vhero wrote:
ruralblue wrote:First half terrible couldnt get it together. Ireland coming on was the turning point in this game his set up for Ade's assist just started the fire.

Bridge excellent game and Bellamy is mint

No the turning point in this game mate was the goal nothing to do with ireland.

Lol Vhero in dismissing Ireland shocker

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Beeks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:10 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Happy with the point to be honest, means we are back on 4th now and still got games in hand.

This was a big test for us I think and I think we managed okay. I think we will beat them at home.

concurrage
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Kyle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Slim wrote:It's all like shagging a fat chick tonight, you might get one away but feel like you should've done better.

Your words captured my feelings after the game like no other words could.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby xavi6 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Should i take bets on who is going to start the RSC thread after months out injured and 25mins of 1st team football..??!!

Fuck that, I'm off to start one about how Jonno took up two seats on the bench ;)

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:11 pm

CityGer wrote:

I'm not being negative. I said I was delighted with the result. We played quite poorly though. Couldn't create chances, couldn't get out of our own half and were hoofing aimless long balls. Credit to Villa for putting so much pressure on us and defending well.

Clearly. Maybe when I get to see the highlights and all our chances I can comment better. Right now I'm just guessing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Vhero, if you couldn't see how much more we were penetrating oonce Ireland was on the park, then you must have a cluster of dead pixels on your screen that somehow move and follow the lad around.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 pm

i thought Bellamy and NDJ looked great tonight. SWP was a bit of a passenger, but his graft chasing down that ball helped create the goal so i'm fine with that. Adebayor and RSC did their job to hold up the ball and the layoff from Ade for the goal was just perfect...i dont think you can slag RSC just yet. He wasn't horrific...a little rusty, but honestly i think he was in to also get some height defensively on set pieces...i could be wrong but just a hunch. Tevez certainly wasnt missed when he went off, and in that regard...

Tevez was a letdown for me tonight. Too many long range chances which were ill advised. He seemed to be on the end of one too many give aways as well. He just had a bit of an off game.

Toure and Lescott did fine in the air, but i dont understand our marking on set pieces to know why neither was near Dunne. Regardless we look super-average defending set pieces. Barry on Dunne seems like an obvious mismatch, but...

One thing you will have to say is that Villa don't miss Barry one bit. They bossed us in midfield for a while, and looked like a good side so hats off to them for a well-deserved point.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityGer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:13 pm

CityGer wrote:

Clearly. Maybe when I get to see the highlights and all our chances I can comment better. Right now I'm just guessing.

"Couldn't get out of our own half"......"Hoofing aimless long balls"

ok then, you need a new telly.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Vhero » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Svensational wrote:
Vhero wrote:
ruralblue wrote:First half terrible couldnt get it together. Ireland coming on was the turning point in this game his set up for Ade's assist just started the fire.

Bridge excellent game and Bellamy is mint

No the turning point in this game mate was the goal nothing to do with ireland.

Why did the goal have nothing to do with Ireland?

He clearly made a quality pass to Ade, for him to set up Bellamy?

I'm not disagreeing with that fact but before that goal nothing really happened Ireland was poor and to be frank even after it he was. He gave the ball away numerous times but he did better than Tevez who was really having a bad day today.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Svensational wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Lucky point. I'll take that.

We were poor.

we weren't poor

Ok then.

Why do you have to be so negative? WE just got a point off Villa, who have had pretty much the same start to the season as us?

We were away from home and were 1-0 down and come away with a point, ok we could've played alot better but we were no way near poor.

We were a goal down and came back to score away from home.We would not have performed like that last season.
We played poorly? How many chances did Villa have on there own turf?
Couldnt get out of our own half? Played long balls? Fuck me your hard to please
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 pm

CityGer wrote:

I am with NQDP. Our possession play was awful (even though we were better than villa). We gave away needless balls and hoofed all kinds of hopefulls from defence when we were not under that much pressure and a pass was available. I am happy with a point after we were 1 down at half time, but the keepers had fuckall to do..... it was a very strange game
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Kyle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 pm

CityGer wrote:

NQDP I agree with your assesment of the game, I wouldn't say we were pinned down in our own half but we were more pinned down at the half way line. After watching the game and reading your assessment of it, you're spot on.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby PalmettoBlue » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote: SWP has been pretty poor this season

This is absolutely false. I remember a couple of games ago people on here were saying he had been our best player this season. Why is it we have to take 90 or 180 minutes and make season-long conclusions? I thought SWP put in a hell of a shift today and while a lot didn't come off, he worked his socks off. Plus I also thought RSC was crap today but that doesn't mean he's a awful player - he hasn't even had full match. Lets try to have some perspective
PalmettoBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:16 pm

xavi6 wrote:

Fuck that, I'm off to start one about how Jonno took up two seats on the bench ;)

Noooo Xav i want to start one on him and his piss poor warm up routine, not enough lunges for me. Sort it out Johno you fatty.....!!
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 pm

If you saw after the game about 4 or 5 of our players had a knock, Villa was quality they went after everything and really hit us hard in the tackles. Villa wasnt intrested in playing football They wanted to rough us up then see what dropped to them. The old city would of shyed away from this physical contest but we was dogged and kept trying and when ireland came on he bossed the middle and played some quality balls through the channels.

Ireland coming on changed the game , Hopefully he is back to full fitness because he still gives us something that no player does at the moment creativity.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 pm

CityGer wrote:
CityGer wrote:

"Couldn't get out of our own half"......"Hoofing aimless long balls"

ok then, you need a new telly.

We were struggling to get out of our own half long periods in second half. We certainly weren't creating chances in the box. And we did put fair few long balls oddly towards Tevez, especially in first half. When Ireland came in, we started to play on the ground and in the end created that one chance where we scored.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 pm

vhero

you need to get a grip fella, city were clueless in the first half and as soon as ireland came on we bossed villa off the park, he was brilliant. If you cannot see it then dont comment, as he was the difference.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum