*Aston Villa V MCFC Official Match Thread*

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *Aston Villa V MCFC Official Match Thread*

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 pm

CityGer wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CityGer wrote:

I'm not being negative. I said I was delighted with the result. We played quite poorly though. Couldn't create chances, couldn't get out of our own half and were hoofing aimless long balls. Credit to Villa for putting so much pressure on us and defending well.

You clearly didn't watch the game.

Clearly. Maybe when I get to see the highlights and all our chances I can comment better. Right now I'm just guessing.

"Couldn't get out of our own half"......"Hoofing aimless long balls"

ok then, you need a new telly.

Or possible new perspective ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 pm

CityGer wrote:
CityGer wrote:

I'm not being negative. I said I was delighted with the result. We played quite poorly though. Couldn't create chances, couldn't get out of our own half and were hoofing aimless long balls. Credit to Villa for putting so much pressure on us and defending well.

Clearly. Maybe when I get to see the highlights and all our chances I can comment better. Right now I'm just guessing.

"Couldn't get out of our own half"......"Hoofing aimless long balls"

ok then, you need a new telly.

right...our long ball play has been surprisingly effective. it was villa playing over the top balls on the break to counter...quite well actually. overall, a really really cracking match. it was end to end and no wonder everyone seemed drained.

Look, when it comes to City...THE matches of the season come through us. Arsenal, Scum now Villa...best matches of the season so far, and only one common ingredient. CITY!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Alfie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 pm

My heart says somehow we could've won this game, but a draw is a good result at villa park.
Can't say Santa Cruz was bad but I did notice that he made no impact at all, and I honestly think Tevez would've given us a better finish to the game.
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Although I didn't see too much of the 1st half, I think we played pretty well away from home to a Top 4 contender. The set pieces still worry me but our attacking options far outway them.

Bridge wasn't at the races tonight, which was sort of understandable really and it was when Stevie came on and put some dynaminsm into the team that we really started playing.

Overall, a very good point and I can imagine quite a few of the top teams will struggle against Villa at home. I'm fairly happy with that result.

PS. Dunne you Cunt (only joking).
I thought Bridge was alright ( lol ),for me our problems are at the right back position don’t see Zabletta being the long term answer, he gives the ball away to much, romps down the wing gives the ball away and cant get back in time .

Villa got the bargain of the season with Dunney who is a much better player than Lescott, just wish we had given Dunny and Toure a chance at the back because Lescott has been very poor up to now.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Santa is well off the pace, but with no preseason and only minutes of competitive football so far this season he was always gonna struggle to make an impact. This was really the wrong game for him to come on in his situation.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby david yearsley » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Very bad sub by Les tonight - this continues to worry me - it needed a tweak, not a change which slowed us down totally - Tevez should have stayed on and maybe Shaunny subbed - ah well another point - we simply HAVE to murder those fuclin pie - eaters
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby One cap Whitey » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm happy with the point. You've got to give them some credit, they're a very decent team. There were lots of things that didn't quite come off tonight, it could have been different but I'd have taken that score beforehand.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Although I didn't see too much of the 1st half, I think we played pretty well away from home to a Top 4 contender. The set pieces still worry me but our attacking options far outway them.

Bridge wasn't at the races tonight, which was sort of understandable really and it was when Stevie came on and put some dynaminsm into the team that we really started playing.

Overall, a very good point and I can imagine quite a few of the top teams will struggle against Villa at home. I'm fairly happy with that result.

I thought Bridge was alright ( lol ),for me our problems are at the right back position don’t see Zabletta being the long term answer, he gives the ball away to much, romps down the wing gives the ball away and cant get back in time .

Villa got the bargain of the season with Dunney who is a much better player than Lescott, just wish we had given Dunny and Toure a chance at the back because Lescott has been very poor up to now.

i don't believe Lescott has been "very poor." Look, if Dunne had played on our side in this match he'd have gotten a fuclin red card for chopping Young off at the knees on the edge of the box, so just chillax and enjoy Lescott. He'll do fine.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 pm

shawzy wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Ok then.

Why do you have to be so negative? WE just got a point off Villa, who have had pretty much the same start to the season as us?

We were away from home and were 1-0 down and come away with a point, ok we could've played alot better but we were no way near poor.

We were a goal down and came back to score away from home.We would not have performed like that last season.
We played poorly? How many chances did Villa have on there own turf?
Couldnt get out of our own half? Played long balls? Fuck me your hard to please

Which part of "delighted with the point" you don't understand?
I'm delighted with the result, not with how we played. I'm not screaming "Hughes out" here but I'm not going to say we played well when we didn't.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
CityGer wrote:

I am with NQDP. Our possession play was awful (even though we were better than villa). We gave away needless balls and hoofed all kinds of hopefulls from defence when we were not under that much pressure and a pass was available. I am happy with a point after we were 1 down at half time, but the keepers had fuckall to do..... it was a very strange game

I agree we wasnt at our best but we got a point thanx to out gladiator that is Bellers.I must have been watchin a diff game cuz we was better than Villa in all areas.They was not better than us.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Chinners » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:24 pm

Bridge was superb tonight, how anyone can say he wasn't obviously didn't watch the game
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:25 pm

shawzy wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
CityGer wrote:

I am with NQDP. Our possession play was awful (even though we were better than villa). We gave away needless balls and hoofed all kinds of hopefulls from defence when we were not under that much pressure and a pass was available. I am happy with a point after we were 1 down at half time, but the keepers had fuckall to do..... it was a very strange game

I agree we wasnt at our best but we got a point thanx to out gladiator that is Bellers.I must have been watchin a diff game cuz we was better than Villa in all areas.They was not better than us.

we couldn't turn our possession into goals...we had the upper hand 2nd half for sure. there were loads of chances down the flanks for them and through the middle for us, but everyone lacked that touch in the final 3rd, with the exception of Ireland and Ade setting up our goal.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Slim wrote:Santa is well off the pace, but with no preseason and only minutes of competitive football so far this season he was always gonna struggle to make an impact. This was really the wrong game for him to come on in his situation.
Totally agree mate, was not the match to bring him back he obviously needs 4 weeks in the reserves getting match fit
CITYTILLIDIE11
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:38 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:

Well spotted mate (Bazza) and I agree, I thought it was better to keep that combination and give Dunney a chance to show himself with a quality partner. However, it wasn't to be and it's good to see Dunney enjoying his football. I actually seen him smiling out of enjoyment tonight, rather than embarrassment!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:39 pm

JB wrote:I don't want to be too critical of Santa be we lost all momentum and cohesion when he came on. Petrov was shit hot last week and should have been used at some point with Bellamy going to the centre.

For all his worth to the side, Bellamy isn't the best crosser of a ball. He also played well off Petrov last week.

Would have been 3 points if we hadn't started to play panicball after we scored.

Agree completely.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Chinners wrote:Bridge was superb tonight, how anyone can say he wasn't obviously didn't watch the game

That was me mate, and if you read the rest, I stated that it was quite obvious why (meaning Bazza); nothing to it. Bridge was my MotM btw!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 pm

PS. All those who were questioning the Tevez sub, scroll back on this thread prior to the half time break and read some of the comments on him. Carlito seemed to have an eye on his upcoming Argentina games and I personally thought it was right to take him off, considering it had already been requested by Madonna. Do you think that he only spoke to the club and not Tevez direct?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:Bridge was superb tonight, how anyone can say he wasn't obviously didn't watch the game

That was me mate, and if you read the rest, I stated that it was quite obvious why (meaning Bazza); nothing to it. Bridge was my MotM btw!

Bridge has been fantastic this season, every bit the player we thought we were getting in January.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Bridge has been fantastic this season, every bit the player we thought we were getting in January.

Not too sure about the January bit mate, I wanted him but wasn't quite sure if he would make it to what we've seen this season, however, you are and were totally right ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Would've liked to have seen Petrov come on at some point not sure what this guy has to do to get games.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum