*Aston Villa V MCFC Official Match Thread*

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *Aston Villa V MCFC Official Match Thread*

Postby Blue2 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:PS. All those who were questioning the Tevez sub, scroll back on this thread prior to the half time break and read some of the comments on him. Carlito seemed to have an eye on his upcoming Argentina games and I personally thought it was right to take him off, considering it had already been requested by Madonna. Do you think that he only spoke to the club and not Tevez direct?

Agree it was right to take him off, but only if we had a decent player to replace him . It was a shite substitution.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Blue2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:PS. All those who were questioning the Tevez sub, scroll back on this thread prior to the half time break and read some of the comments on him. Carlito seemed to have an eye on his upcoming Argentina games and I personally thought it was right to take him off, considering it had already been requested by Madonna. Do you think that he only spoke to the club and not Tevez direct?

Agree it was right to take him off, but only if we had a decent player to replace him . It was a shite substitution.

Not a shite sub, as if he'd scored it would've been a totally different ball game would it not? Showed that we were going out to win it for me but didn't quite work.

On another day, as they say!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Colin the King » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:57 am

Overall, poor performance but a decent result. I thought we failed to click in the game, the momentum seemed to shift between the two sides all night and even when we were in control, didn't consistently carve out chances. They quite obviously were told to frustrate us and deny us space and time and it was up to our players to come up with a response. They were leathering the ball above and beyond our midfield and directly either onto the flanks or into the penalty area as it's their strength- it was clear from the outset but rather than come up with a threatening response we seemed content passing the ball in triangles, culminating in Given ending up with it and lobbing it forward, beyond the midfield and back to Dunne and Collins- it's food and drink to that pair. Maybe if we'd been calmer we'd have carved out more/better opportunities but it's gone now and we can be reasonably happy with the point.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Would've liked to have seen Petrov come on at some point not sure what this guy has to do to get games.

that's what I was thinking mate. He has been absolutely electric every time he has been on the pitch this season. Maybe Hughes was pissed off about the way he turned his back on Hughes last week after scoring and wanted to make a point? I don't know. What I do know is that we were in desperate need of a player who could run at their slow defence.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby AFKAE » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:21 am

Colin the King wrote:Overall, poor performance but a decent result. I thought we failed to click in the game, the momentum seemed to shift between the two sides all night and even when we were in control, didn't consistently carve out chances. They quite obviously were told to frustrate us and deny us space and time and it was up to our players to come up with a response.

There were lots of occasions when we had a throw-in in our own half and Bridge or Zabaletta couldn't find anyone free to throw it to. Several seconds passed each time and everyone just stood and watched. Eventually it got thrown either to the centre backs, who passed it to Given, or to Given directly and then lumped up the pitch.

I'm a bit surprised by some of the DeJong ratings (i'm normally a fan of his) but I though the DeJong/Barry midfield thing just wasn't working in the first half. Petrov (theirs) seemed to have a pretty free run to do what he wanted. The situation certainly improved with Irelands appearance in the second half.

Thought SWP was pretty poor, would've subbed him with Petrov.
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Blue2 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue2 wrote:

Not a shite sub, as if he'd scored it would've been a totally different ball game would it not? Showed that we were going out to win it for me but didn't quite work.

On another day, as they say!

Sorry mate , but disagree, RSC is no where near ready to play for 1st team, anyone can see that , therefore a shite substitution.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum