Piers Morgan talks Bellers,Sol and Chuckle 1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Piers Morgan talks Bellers,Sol and Chuckle 1

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Pretty good read this. Iv posted on his thoughts on Bellers but its well worth reading the rest. The last part on Chuckle 1 made me laugh.Seems Piers cant stand the fooker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... itain.html

How Arsenal could do with a pitbull like Bellamy

Passionate: Craig Bellamy has impressed this season for Manchester City
When I did what I do every summer and compiled a list of all the players I’d like to sign for Arsenal, it included the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Torres and Gerrard. It didn’t include the name Craig Bellamy.
In fact, short of penning the words Robbie and Savage, I can’t think of anyone less likely to have been on my shortlist.
Yet watching Bellamy’s performances for Manchester City this season, I’ve realised how wrong I was.
Bellamy is EXACTLY the kind of player we need at the Emirates. He’s an honest thug and I mean that as a compliment.
Seeing him terrorise Manchester United’s defence and score two great goals in the process, I saw a ferocity of determination, guts and spirit that you just don’t find in so many gifted young foreign players (and we have hundreds of them at Arsenal, so I speak as something of an expert in the genre).
He never stops running, whether into his own or rival penalty areas, he never stops tackling, he never stops complaining and he never stops trying.
The man is a human pitbull terrier, a snarling, aggressive, loyal, passionate, nasty piece of work who is best muzzled for his own safety.
Every time Bellamy steps on to the pitch he makes the statement: ‘Mess with me and you’re going to get it, sunshine.’
Arsenal used to have guys like that - men like Vieira, Parlour, Adams,
Keown. The kind who lined up in the tunnel like gladiators in a Roman amphitheatre, prepared to fight to the finish to win.
Now we don’t. And when I watch Bellamy blowing his fuse, for the right reasons, I wish we had.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Re: Piers Morgan talks Bellers,Sol and Chuckle 1

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:25 pm

I liked those articles and enjoyed some of the posts below it too

cheers shawzy
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Steve » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Just read the bit copied and pasted into the thread, and have to say it's very true. All part of the reason why he was won over all of the doubters amongst the fans this season.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Crossie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:49 pm

I actually think he was brought here for his attitude.

At the time, Elano was pussying about and the Sven "revolution" training - a 20 min game of headers and volleys had made the whole squad lazy, Hughes must have been doing his knut, trying to get the squad working hard when they were use to it being so easy.

Imagine Bellers walking into training the first morning and tearing up the fucking trees, I remember a rumour about him and Robinho having abit of a tussle.

He is Dickov but with pace and skill.

I just hope we keep him fit and playing for another couple of seasons, and some of our youth players take heed.

Imagine if Bellers would have come a season earlier, and been able to influence Sturridge abit more, no doubt he would still be here and in the starting 11, not being a cunt in London, playing his loud music, getting thrown out of his apartment and pissing everyone off.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Well Piers was right.Who wouldnt want Bellers in there 1st team.The guy proved it yet again with another outstanding performance against the Villa. Time and time again you prove the doubters wrong and are a shinIng example of what a 1st rate footballer should be.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Return to The Maine Football forum