We messed up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We messed up

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Am i deluded by saying City were the best team on the night?
Overall we got a point away from home to best defensive team in the prem right now..Im well happy with our commitment to not lie down after going a goal behind and having some fighting spirit to bring us 4th in the league with a game in hand.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby glossopblue » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:46 pm

after the fat one scored they put 10 men behind the ball. draw is a good result for us, imo
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:47 pm

We are going into an international break now.

Tonight we could have:
Gone into the break on a win
Been in third
Beaten a "top four challenger" on their own patch
Put three points between us and Arsenal
Put six points between us and Liverpool
Eclipsed the amount of away wins we had last term
And sent out a statement that we go to EVERY GROUND with the intention of taking all three points.

Yes there is no shame in dropping points to Villa at Villa Park, but as long as we look at them as DROPPED POINTS, because that's a winning mentality...not whoo whoo we got a point.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:48 pm

shawzy wrote:Am i deluded by saying City were the best team on the night?
Overall we got a point away from home to best defensive team in the prem right now..Im well happy with our commitment to not lie down after going a goal behind and having some fighting spirit to bring us 4th in the league with a game in hand.

Spot on mate, when we went 1-0 down after 15 minutes I thought "here we go" but it wasn't the old City that I got, no, it was a new City who refused to lie down at a very hard place to go and thought back to get a draw. We could of nicked it aswell in the last 10 minutes but it wasn't to be.

As for Bellamy the guy gets better every game he plays for us, most strikers would have balooned that chance over the crossbar. Unimpressed by SWP however tonight.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Slim wrote:We are going into an international break now.

Tonight we could have:
Been in third
And sent out a statement that we go to EVERY GROUND with the intention of taking all three points.

Yes there is no shame in dropping points to Villa at Villa Park, but as long as we look at them as DROPPED POINTS, because that's a winning mentality...not whoo whoo we got a point.

Very true Slim and i'm sure the squad will view it as points droped.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Tonight we could have:
Been in third

definate dropped points.
thats why im gutted
im sure if we stepped up a notch , and i cant understand why we didnt we could have buried them
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby razor400 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm not exactly over the moon but on a plus side it shows how far weve come to go to villa play a bit shit and still look like winnig I thought villa were good and they still didn't really trouble us with they're normal pace game.

points dropped but at least it wasn't a last gasper at home against ten men with not enough injury time

By the way im giving up punctuation for a week just to see if its annoying
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:58 pm

razor400 wrote:I'm not exactly over the moon but on a plus side it shows how far weve come to go to villa play a bit shit and still look like winnig I thought villa were good and they still didn't really trouble us with they're normal pace game.

points dropped but at least it wasn't a last gasper at home against ten men with not enough injury time

By the way im giving up punctuation for a week just to see if its annoying

Poor form with the full stop and apostrophes then

I think we may be over confident in our abilites at this stage, however like Slim says, the feeling of points dropped signals a winning mentality - just so long as it doesnt turn into a hammering for Hughes and the players, as I think this year is a bit soon to be having expectations of getting something out of a game like that - maybe next year it would be right to be critical.

I think we did well and the point moved us into the top 4 with a game in hand, which to me is just about as good a position as I can ever remember us being in - especially having played united and arsenal already.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 pm

We have not taken long to become over-demanding have we?

I agree with everything said about - if we had stepped up a gear etc..

But 7th game of the season - we are away to Aston Villa and before the game we are made favourites to win - FFS - at Villa

We concede an early goal - and yes there are some questions to be asked of defensive organisation

But the old CITY would have fallen to the side and not competed - we always looked like scoring and if it was a boxing match we would have been unanimous winner on points

Still we got a draw - and it was important not to lose - with a bit more focus we could / whould have won - but 7 games in!!!! not going bad really is it??

Well done to a number of players - I was particularly delighted to see some of the creativity Stevie brought in

But all in all - we drew at Villa and were clearly the better team - they worked their socks off to come a distant 2nd to us - so it is clear that we will finish above them this season - as it is clear we will finish above many others - and it is not really clear who will definitely finish above us - not bad 7 games in IMO
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:02 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:We have not taken long to become over-demanding have we?

But 7th game of the season - we are away to Aston Villa and before the game we are made favourites to win - FFS - at Villa

We concede an early goal - and yes there are some questions to be asked of defensive organisation

But the old CITY would have fallen to the side and not competed - we always looked like scoring and if it was a boxing match we would have been unanimous winner on points

Still we got a draw - and it was important not to lose - wit a bit more focus we could / should have won - but 7 games in!!!! not going bad really is it??

Well done to a number of players - I was particularly to see some of the creativity Stevie brought in

But all in all - we drew at Villa and were clearly the better team - they worked their socks off to come a distant 2nd to us - so it is clear that we will finish above them this season - as it is clear we will finish above many others - and it is not really clear who will definitely finish above us - not bad 7 games in IMO

spot on.
maybe people will start taking us serious now. although i doubt it.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:02 pm

Still we got a draw - and it was important not to lose - wit a bit more focus we could / should have won - but 7 games in!!!! not going bad really is it??

Well done to a number of players - I was particularly to see some of the creativity Stevie brought in

Great post that pal we're gonna have a great season.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Just because we didn't do what the old city did, doesn't makes what we did what we should do...dig?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 pm

AGREE WITH MOST OF THAT.

WE DO HOWEVER, HAVE TO STOP ALL THIS "But the old CITY would have fallen to the side and not competed " BOLLOKS.......WE ARE NOT THE OLD CITY,THE OLD CITY DIDNT HAVE A POT TO PISS IN COMPARED TO WHAT WE HAVE NOW.

WE HAVE TO STOP BRINGING THAT OLD SAYING UP EVERY TIME WE GET A POINT FROM THE LIKES OF VILLA.........LIKE THAT CUNT SLIM SAYS, WE HAVE TO HAVE A WINNING MENTALITY TO BEAT EVERYONE WE PLAY.

WE DROPPED 2 POINTS TONIGHT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Fuck me fellas, I know we need to get that 'Winning Mentality', but at least give us chance to change, afterall, it has been ** years!

**Sorry, just couldn't bring myslef to say it ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Slim wrote:Just because we didn't do what the old city did, doesn't makes what we did what we should do...dig?

I am with you totally - but it is all steps in the right direction - I would like to run - but I am glad we are at least clearly (inexorably you might say) progressing in the right direction
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Spuds Drew
Rags Drew
Everton Drew

Liverpool Lost

Arse and Chelski won

We had a chance to really stake a claim to be REAL contenders tonight. I know a point is not bad away against a good side, but I dont think we played that well and we could have easily won if we were up for it. Barry was very much affected and Leslie should have changed him.

Agree, Could tell negative hughes would be happy with a point from his pre match talk. Surprised he took de jong off. I actually thought barry had a bad game.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby SORTED » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Villa are a very solid and well organised side and we didn't win tonight because the likes of Barry, Tevez, SWP and Adebayor weren't playing as well as we know they can. All in all a decent point.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Grob » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 pm

I thought that on the balace of play City were the better side.

We certainly had more quality and created more chances.

Villa had more desire. They were up for the game and the atmos from the fans was electric.

Im happy with a point but with the team we have now, its not unfair to always want that little bit more.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby johnnyondioline » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Tonight we could have:
Been in third

Am with you mate but not sure how we`d have managed that.
johnnyondioline
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby TrueBlue82 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 pm

One cap Whitey wrote:I woudn't say we messed up at all. We got a good point and progressed up the table. On another day we could have won but we were the better team despite not playing well and they're one of our main competitors.

well said mate.agreed.
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum