SWP Is Going To Be Sore In The Morning!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: SWP Is Going To Be Sore In The Morning!

Postby razor400 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:13 am

He seems to have lost the ability to get the ball to the byline.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:32 am

razor400 wrote:He seems to have lost the ability to get the ball to the byline.

I think part of it is because of Mourinho destroying his free spirit. He used to set off at a pace from his first touch & that's where he often left his first man for dead. Thanks to Mourinho's negative influence he lost that ability at Chelsea & stopped to think before he did anything often making the wrong decision. Now he's kind of half & half but at the moment is closer to his Chelsea form than his City form. A rest may solve it but could also make it worse if he loses confidence & gets anxious about his place.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:38 am

I think people are being a bit harsh on SWP lately.
I agree that last night wasn't his best performance but then again I thought the whole team didnt cover itself in glory last night but the result was great and to me thats all that matters.
Generally though SWP has been putting in as many tackles as Gareth and had about the same success in his passing from what I've seen.He has also had more assists and goals than Gareth. Nobodies talking about dropping him.
SWP has played in every game as well so Hughes must think he is doing enough to keep playing him.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:38 am

razor400 wrote:He seems to have lost the ability to get the ball to the byline.

Did he ever have it?

There is still a role for SWP in the team as far as I'm concerned. He is essential from a defensive point of view and capable of producing something from nothing (see the goals v Blackburn, Palace and Arsenal, as I recall off the top of my head) going forward.

He does however really need a rest. With such a good squad he should be getting it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 am

bluemoon wrote:Am I the only one who thought he was shite yet again? Defensivly he gave it his all, but was dire when attacking. Can't think of once when he beat a Villa defender in the final third or get a cross past the first man.

He's next in line for a rest mate. I can go out there and run through brick walls etc if that's the criteria. We can't afford to lose the ball as much as he does anymore.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:50 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
bluemoon wrote:Am I the only one who thought he was shite yet again? Defensivly he gave it his all, but was dire when attacking. Can't think of once when he beat a Villa defender in the final third or get a cross past the first man.

I agree, him and Ireland have been a disappointment so far. Hopefully its just a bad patch as they are performing nowhere near as well as they were last season.

Same here. Although SWP did take 2 knocks last night where he looked genuinely in pain. I honestly reckon he's already reached his prime.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:59 am

I honestly have no idea what is up with shauny at the moment, long gone it seems are the days back in Div 1 when we would see him literally flying down the wing leaving defenders in his wake.... now when he gets the ball wide, he seems to dawdle a little bit rather than run with the ball. He started the season in great form but recently he's lost his way a bit, perhaps a couple of games on the sidelines might be the kind of break he needs.... and may spur him on to come back better.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum