Santa Cruz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Santa Cruz

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:24 am

Not another one of these, fuck me im going to bed ive just got in from Villa and seen so much shite on the board.

YES WE PLAYED SHITE AS A TEAM BUT A POINTS A POINT.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby PalmettoBlue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:35 am

Hughes:

“Roque got a Craig Bellamy finger in his eye almost immediately and was struggling. Almost all the time he was out there he was working with one eye.”

That couldn't have helped
PalmettoBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:42 am

Crocky will come good, I have absolutely no doubt of that. I appreciate that people have seen him play for Bayern and most of us have seen him play for Blackburn, however what he has done and what he is capable of are two completely different stories. Three quick examples? Shaun Goater, Albert Riera and Diego Forlan. However with Crocky he will benefit from playing with some of the best players in the league and given more opportunities to score and play himself into form that he could shake a stick at.

He was poor last night yes, but it was the wrong game, the wrong time and the wrong role for him. I could not imagine a worse situation to put him in, maybe of a wet monday in Wigan? Not nearly a true reflection of the player.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:14 pm

I will support him as he is one of our own, but I do not think he should ever have been bought, especially at that price. Aside from the 2007-08 campaign what has he really done? Yes you can say that Hughes knows him and see his value. He may have value but not at a price just less than we paid for Given and Barry combined.

I did take a shot at him yesterday in the match thread and rightly so, he had no business playing in this game. Either he has a really poor touch and is slow (in which case he desereved a good slagging) or he just is not ready (in which case Hughes deserves one). I am willing to be patient with him, but I do not think our lack ariel presence offensively was enough of an issue to bring him on for Tevez. If Tevez needed to come off, I would have much preferred Petrov and shuffling the players around.

I really hope he becomes something, but not at the expense of fit players who have proven their form and contributted recently like Marty. Yesterday RSC did nothing but take up oxygen on the pitch, I cannot even say he contrbutted much other than a 15 yard dribble followed by an somewhat accurate pass to Bellers.
Last edited by Florida Blue on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Hughes, is well aware of the requirements of returning players from long term injury, I say lets trust him he has a backroom staff state of the art rehab second to none in world football, RSC needs to get match fit, A bit like Toure and Lescott forming a partnership having to do it in the fast Lane of the Premier League is not ideal but needed.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Les wrote:“Manu was a bit rusty after his lay off and there were a few like that. Roque got a Craig Bellamy finger in his eye almost immediately and was struggling. Almost all the time he was out there he was working with one eye."

could explain his attempts at passing.

really though it is laughable, and in some cases illuminating that people are writing him off already. what does hughes have to do to get people's faith with signings? if les reckons he will do a good job for us, that's good enough for me atm. TBH is the only one he got wrong.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:03 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Svensational wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:
Burt wrote:I'm more concerned that in most of the games he's played, Tevez has given or the lost the ball too many times.

To ave a go at Crockie is piss poor form IMO. For fucles sake, he's not played for months. Give him a break for fucles sake!

Having said that. We had a lot of possession on Villa's manor and not many teams will do that this season. We're a work in progress and will certainly get better and better IMO.

who had ago at cruz?

Quite a few in the match thread mate.

MATCH THREADS DONT COUNT - TOO EMOTIONAL.

Nothing to do with the subject of this topic but that is bang on. For us who can't be there, official match thread has always been about heat of the moment reactions and should be treated like that. I don't usually even read match threads after the games.

Recently we've had people dig up comments from there days after the game and I think that's highly unfair. Most people swear at our own players every now and then for missing easy chance or making mess out of situation in stands as well. It's no different in match topics. And I'm going to do that in future as well.

Personally I think I should someday record myself on video during the games the way I go through emotions. People would probably understand better
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:19 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Svensational wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:
Burt wrote:I'm more concerned that in most of the games he's played, Tevez has given or the lost the ball too many times.

To ave a go at Crockie is piss poor form IMO. For fucles sake, he's not played for months. Give him a break for fucles sake!

Having said that. We had a lot of possession on Villa's manor and not many teams will do that this season. We're a work in progress and will certainly get better and better IMO.

who had ago at cruz?

Nothing to do with the subject of this topic but that is bang on. For us who can't be there, official match thread has always been about heat of the moment reactions and should be treated like that. I don't usually even read match threads after the games.

Recently we've had people dig up comments from there days after the game and I think that's highly unfair. Most people swear at our own players every now and then for missing easy chance or making mess out of situation in stands as well. It's no different in match topics. And I'm going to do that in future as well.

Personally I think I should someday record myself on video during the games the way I go through emotions. People would probably understand better

1 of your best posts recently, the emotion does take over, unless you were at the Arsenal Game for example and the panel who Banned Ade were not there no man would not have given it back to the Arsenal whingers after 2 hours of abuse, NDJ having a bad 2nd half you pointed it out to quick for most poss right as well but it was the Derby losing them cunts I do not even speak for a day. In fact I am ill thinking about it.
Hazy

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Cityfan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:58 am

Anyone with any emotional involvment in a live match gets pissed off at their own players from time to time. You only have to look at managers in the dug out to realise it ain't just the fans. There is a difference between being pissed off with a player who has a moment of madness and being the occasinal kind of fan who seems to take delight in moaning about their own team for 90 minutes. Don't understand why these guys follow a team.
Cityfan
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby lythamblue » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:07 am

Absolute madness this thread ..... just give the guy a break and see what he can do!

You are like judging as to whether you like your new car ...... before you have even driven it out of the dealers car park!

Jesus H Christ ..... 30 mins of football in six months with a completely new team and colleagues. How can you even attempt to judge him on that?

You can argue as to whether he should have been brought on at such a vital time in the Villa game, but there is no way you can debate his performance already with any accurate assumptions.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby giokingkladze » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:46 am

One word: Bellamy.

In Hughes we trust, Rocky will be a top player for us
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:20 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Svensational wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

who had ago at cruz?

you're dead right - OFM is the place to vent your 'on the spur of the moment' anger....

Just don't start a whole new thread when in that frame of mind!!! ;)
Original Dub

Postby saulman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:21 am

lythamblue wrote:Absolute madness this thread ..... just give the guy a break and see what he can do!

You are like judging as to whether you like your new car ...... before you have even driven it out of the dealers car park!

Jesus H Christ ..... 30 mins of football in six months with a completely new team and colleagues. How can you even attempt to judge him on that?

You can argue as to whether he should have been brought on at such a vital time in the Villa game, but there is no way you can debate his performance already with any accurate assumptions.

Absolutely spot on.

Won't make a shite of difference though. I suspect Rocky will com under plenty more scrutiny before he shows everyone what he can do. If people on here can't trust Lesley on his signings after Bellamy, then these debates will continue regardless.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

Crticism is a little harsh - poke in the eye or not - and it could be that Les is looking at the big picture - home games coming up in which we need to slaughter a couple of teams. If he can get him firing and ready to go by Fulham, Burnley etc then it may be to our greater benefit.

The good news is that Paraguay haven't called on him for the last 2 WC qualifiers this week - I believe they are already qualified. He stays at City to train!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Svensational wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

who had ago at cruz?

you're such a fucling woman.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Svensational wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

who had ago at cruz?

I would buy that video mate
There's only one Antoine!
Steve

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum