Toure's injury

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Toure's injury

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Any news? he was fucked at the end. Think hes been class for us, been quite surprised. He was our most up for it player tonight i thought for the full 90 mins. I thought it'd be lescott that would settle in the best.

If toure's missing any games i think we'd be fucked. Lescott has been suspect, despite Martinez's bollocks evaluation of his first 6 games, and ned is injured, kompany isnt fit.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Toure's injury

Postby Vhero » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:38 pm

Lescott did really well tonight didnt really put a foot wrong mate however Toure didn't look too bad as he played on for a bit so I suspect its gonna be a short term injury.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby TrueBlue82 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 pm

if he is injured we have international break so would have a rest and not play for ivory coast so for once the international break could benfit us.
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Vhero wrote:Lescott did really well tonight didnt really put a foot wrong mate however Toure didn't look too bad as he played on for a bit so I suspect its gonna be a short term injury.

For the first time ever in a City game against Carew or Heskey, we didn't get bullied & battered by them in the air or on the ground, thanks entirely to Lescott. Even in games we've won v those two in the past they've missed several free headers that could've got them back in. Neither of them got a sniff tonight.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:12 pm

What are you guys talking about ?

Both Lescott and Toure were average tonight.

Shoddy defence.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:50 am

zuricity wrote:What are you guys talking about ?

Shoddy defence.

What chances did Carew, Heskey and Agbonlahor get in and around the box and what did they create tonight? Villa's chances went to the centre-halves from set-pieces and Milner, the winger. There is a reason for that.

Marking their three international centre-forwards out of the game is average if it happens every week, I suppose.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:35 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Shoddy defence.

What chances did Carew, Heskey and Agbonlahor get in and around the box and what did they create tonight? Villa's chances went to the centre-halves from set-pieces and Milner, the winger. There is a reason for that.

Marking their three international centre-forwards out of the game is average if it happens every week, I suppose.

great points. to be fair tho Lescott gave up the corner which resulted in the goal, no? if i remember it was a play he should have done better with. Am i recalling that properly? i thought he was reasonable tonight and won lots in the air to keep the ball out of our end.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Martinez » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:30 am

Nick wrote:Any news? he was fucked at the end. Think hes been class for us, been quite surprised. He was our most up for it player tonight i thought for the full 90 mins. I thought it'd be lescott that would settle in the best.

If toure's missing any games i think we'd be fucked. Lescott has been suspect, despite Martinez's bollocks evaluation of his first 6 games, and ned is injured, kompany isnt fit.

Eh? What did I miss?
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby razor400 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:46 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Shoddy defence.

great points. to be fair tho Lescott gave up the corner which resulted in the goal, no? if i remember it was a play he should have done better with. Am i recalling that properly? i thought he was reasonable tonight and won lots in the air to keep the ball out of our end.

cheers

Oh no defender in giving away corner shocker.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby razor400 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:50 am

Shoddy defence.

Shoddy fucking Post

they had fuck all from open play, and why was I wonder.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:03 am

razor400 wrote:

Shoddy defence.

Shoddy fucking Post

they had fuck all from open play, and why was I wonder.

The way Lescott and Toure were wandering up the pitch, I thought Villa had given up attacking at one point.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby david yearsley » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:24 am

Shoddy defence

Overall I thought that was our best defensive display of the season - we actually started to look like a unit and restricted Villa to the odd foray and pumping long balls - Bridge was excellent as was Kolo - Lescott starting to find his feet kept Carew and Heskey quiet - itwas in the final third where we broke down - very anxious and going forward and got in each others way
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby AFKAE » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:24 am

david yearsley wrote:
Shoddy defence

Overall I thought that was our best defensive display of the season - we actually started to look like a unit and restricted Villa to the odd foray and pumping long balls - Bridge was excellent as was Kolo - Lescott starting to find his feet kept Carew and Heskey quiet - itwas in the final third where we broke down - very anxious and going forward and got in each others way

Yep, thought Lescott got better and better as the game went on, started to look the business in the last quarter.
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Vhero » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:42 am

razor400 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Shoddy defence.

cheers

I agree that was a pathetic point if it was a fouled outside the box that caused it then fair enough but kicking the ball outside the area? Thats low picking out that point.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby AFKAE » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 am

Vhero wrote:
razor400 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Shoddy defence.

cheers

I think Lescott tried to lump it and it rebounded out of Bellamy. (I think).

I agree that was a pathetic point if it was a fouled outside the box that caused it then fair enough but kicking the ball outside the area? Thats low picking out that point.
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:05 am

Svensational wrote:Time for Micah to step up me thinks.

More likely Big Vinny.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby razor400 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:11 am

Its been time for Micah tostep up for the last year. It aint gonna happen
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 am

Vhero wrote:
razor400 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Shoddy defence.

cheers

If Ireland had done it, you would be the one picking it out.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:28 am

Yes. He has got a chance, as big Vinnie hasn't played at all for over four months. If he is as rusty as RSC....

What exactly is wrong with Toure?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Heel injury, Same as he had at arsenal. I thought Toure was great last night and has been in all the games. Realy leader, passion and drives forward on the ball, he could easily play further forward. Bridge also had a great game, I just shit myself everytime he runs and runs up the pitch without sprinting back.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum