Have City met your expectations so far?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Have City met your preseason expectations so far?

We've exceeded them
56%
We're there or there abouts
44%
I'd have liked a few more points
No votes
Not even close - Hughes out
No votes

Total votes : 52

Re: Have City met your expectations so far?

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:05 pm

To be honest I am not surprised about where we are at, I honestly believe that we have a squad capable of going all the way this season, I am just not sure Hughes has what’s needed to take us to the next level.

Have been very impressed with Wayne Bridge has looked class; Bellamy has been nothing short of sensational Adebayor has also been a great buy.

Wigan is a perennial banana skin that match should tell us a bit more about where we are at in our development, this is a match Hughes hast to set the side up right for, maybe do a bit more work on set pieces and corners in training have us ready for the Ariel bombardment that will come our way, I have been very concerned how we are set up in this area
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Re: Have City met your expectations so far?

Postby john68 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Like Ted, I thought it would take a little longer to gel and am very pleasantly suprised. I also though that "new player syndrome" may cost us silly points but we seem to have dodged most of that. I believe our squad is as good as any of our nearest top rivals but thought early in the season we might have to play catch up on experience. Not really affected our results too much.

There is still obvioulsy room for improvement, which is good for us. I'm not sure how much room the other top clubs have. Hopefully an improved City will eventually overtake them and land the big prize...NOW THERE'S A THOUGHT TO SMILE ABOUT.

Looking at my sig, we are ahead of schedule compared to other Championship seasons and I think we are serious contenders. I think other clubs will discount our challenge at their peril.

We have the resources to ALWAYS consider we are "work in progress"...We are ahead of schedule...We have the capacity to get even better....and coincidentally, our nearest rivals all seem to have major financial issues and could get weaker.

[center]THE JOB'S A GUDDUN.[/center]
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum