SWP next to be out in the cold in Jan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

SWP next to be out in the cold in Jan

Postby wesmancity » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:02 pm

I think his form this season has been poor and he's now showing signs of trying to do too much in the games. I think Mark Hughes will be looking at getting a right winger in, in Jan. SWP has been a long fav of mine and loved him when he joined up back in the days from Forest. I hope he can turn this season around, but i feel the clock is ticking on our little shaun and he will be a bit part player sooner rather than later.
wesmancity
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: ATM Bellemy

Re: SWP next to be out in the cold in Jan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:09 pm

wesmancity wrote:I think his form this season has been poor and he's now showing signs of trying to do too much in the games. I think Mark Hughes will be looking at getting a right winger in, in Jan. SWP has been a long fav of mine and loved him when he joined up back in the days from Forest. I hope he can turn this season around, but i feel the clock is ticking on our little shaun and he will be a bit part player sooner rather than later.

Possibly but he may come back flying after a rest. I think Hughes will want to keep him involved whatever because of his special feel for the club but if someone like Weiss gets a chance & excels or Robinho comes back in top form, SWP's going to come under big pressure, especially after Petrov's performance last week.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Crossie » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:11 pm

This thread is wank.

So he has had a few bad games, but did you stop to think he is being asked to play a different role for the team? abit further back, work harder for the defence?

You dont go selling someone like SWP just because he doesnt dribble well for a couple of games, he is doing a good job for the team and not quite getting the breaks.

Id agree last night he looked like he did need replacing, but not fucking selling ffs, we only just got him back!!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:18 pm

I have heard some pretty interesting theories on SWPs recent form, the best one I have heard is, maybe SWP was that good to start with, he only looked half decent because our team was so shit to start with, we will notice more this season given the quality of our squad, what ever the reason he really has been gash this season, I felt for Petrov last night warming the bench whilst SWP was doing jack
Last edited by CITYTILLIDIE11 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby john68 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Why such a negative and extreme reaction?
Would it not simply be better to work with SWP in order to sort out the problems and put them right. I am sure that SWP is good enough to adapt and improve. Coaching is about coaching...working with players to seek improvement. If Weiss, or anyone else seems to be a better option that is fine but to simply discard SWP as not good enough, is nonsense.

Much the same way as keeping him just because of his feelings for the club are nonsense too.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:42 pm

absolutely no need to panic whatsoever re SWP

He has real quality and is just struggling for form.

My only bone of contention is that we do not need to persevere with out of form players right now, we can take them out of the starting XI and let them play themselves back into the groove in training/reserve matches.

In SWP's case (and virtually everyone else's too to be honest) we have numerous options to replace him with Bellamy, Tevez and Weiss all capable of playing a positive part out wide right. He's a great professional, a big talent and he's Man City thru and thru....he will be going nowhere
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby wesmancity » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:39 pm

Crossie wrote:This thread is wank.
thanks for your mature responce.

Crossie wrote:So he has had a few bad games, but did you stop to think he is being asked to play a different role for the team? abit further back, work harder for the defence?

hes always worked hard for the team, and always tracked back....so your point is rubbish.

Crossie wrote:You dont go selling someone like SWP just because he doesnt dribble well for a couple of games, he is doing a good job for the team and not quite getting the breaks.

I never said anything about selling, i stated he might be a sub more than a team player after Jan.

Crossie wrote:Id agree last night he looked like he did need replacing, but not fucking selling ffs, we only just got him back!!

Please before reading my posts, read them properly as i never said sellling him!.....but thanks for your opinions. :)
wesmancity

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:44 pm

No chance that SWP will move. give him a rest and then bring him back, lets think squad status for SWP and it will all work out well.
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby wesmancity » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 pm

eastlands-lostboy wrote:No chance that SWP will move. give him a rest and then bring him back, lets think squad status for SWP and it will all work out well.

So you think he will be a first team reqular after the next transfer window?
wesmancity

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Nah, bollox to that - SWP is a fine player. A city player that has already achieved legend status IMO and he's still young.

Like Ireland, he's playing in a slightly new role this season and hasn't yet lit up the prem like we know he can... both are still excellent players and between them they represent the soul of the club IMO.

They will be extremely important players throughout the season.
Original Dub

Postby Fish111 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:46 pm

I don't think he's doing that badly really tbh, he's in a much better team now and more is expected from every player. If his form dips that dramatically, which i haven't noticed so far, then i expect he will be dropped but Shaun has the right attitude to come back even better. He could have stayed at Chelski warming the bench like that prick we sold in the summer but Shaun was man enough to come back to City and play regular football. If he does lose his place it won't be for long.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Let's simplify this...

Current Status (subject to change without notice)
Bellamy - IN EXCELLENT FORM
SWP - IN POOR FORM
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby crossan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Another fickle bastard,SWP was the bee's knee's a year or so back,the messiah to some,shame on you and your ilk.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Absolute load of shite. He was excellent in first five games. Has had few average one recently but saying "he has been poor this season" simply isn't true. And even if he isn't getting past his fullback, he is contributing in other ways. Something which was apparent when he won the ball last night to set the move going for our goal.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:15 pm

SWP has had goal against Arse and Palace if anybody had forgotten and 3 assists against Blackburn,Arse and Palace.Hardly the sign of somebody who is playing shit.
The whole team was shit last night except for Superman when he came on and Bellars for half the match.
So to judge SWP's performance on last nights display is just wrong.
He has been pretty good lately from what I see
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:58 pm

SWP wont be replaced as we got Tevez who can play there also right now so we are covered. Ireland has also be known to play on that wing in the past so we have adequate cover without replacing him. I think a new CB and RB will be a must in Jan though.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Vhero wrote:SWP wont be replaced as we got Tevez who can play there also right now so we are covered. Ireland has also be known to play on that wing in the past so we have adequate cover without replacing him. I think a new CB and RB will be a must in Jan though.

how the fuck you continue to do this day after day after day after day is just, in a word, impressive.

You astound me sir.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityGer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:57 pm

I don't think his form has been as good as some seem to think but to say it's time he was shipped out is a little hasty and out of order. My gripes with shaun, and they are ever present, is his lack of control, inability to retian posession and this habit he has of stumbling and running in to the back of defenders.

Last night all the above were on view and he wouldn't get in my 11 with the whole squad available.

However, his work rate, ability to beat people and to produce match winning pieces of skill mean he is a key squad member and will remain so. The fact he has started all eight games this season tells me that Hughes won't be shipping him out in Jan or any time soon.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:58 pm

The whole point is now we have such a great squad the pressure is there to play well week in week out. This will affect all the players this season and its a great thing to have as it drives the club forward. Anyone who think SWP has been predonminately crap this season doesn't watch the games, risible stuff
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 pm

The biggest worry is if his current dip in form continues. If that happens he'll get dropped. Then it's a case of him either coming back strongly & re-claiming his place or not playing as often. It'll be the same for any player though. Nobody's too big or popular to be dropped now, because we have the resources to replace them. A month from now it could be Bellamy's turn if his form dips or Barry if he plays like last night.

SWP's next performance could be an important one for him in the short term, with Robbie coming back soon.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum