Birmingham Away 01/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Birmingham Away 01/11

Postby TrueBlue82 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Hey Guys (and girls)

considering going to this game with a few mates and maybe the missus but would like some help and advice:

first off, tickets: does anyone know when these will be on general sale and where i will be able to get them? i.e website,phone line

also, what stand would city fans be located in? also what would the cost of tickets be?

have any of you been to St Andrews? if so whats the atmos like etc?

not been to a game in years, last one was at villa park a few seasons ago when vassell scored the winner and i got joeys shirt! lol

thanks in advance
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: Birmingham Away 01/11

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Birmingham charge loads for tickets - expect prices to be upwards of £40.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Steve » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Hard to tell for definite when they go on general sale, but might be with about a week or two to go before the fixture.
These links will help you with that info, you have to phone up for away tickets at the moment I believe. The number is provided in the first link...

http://www.mcfc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productAway.aspx

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel

They usually put the away fans in half of the railway end (behind the goal), with Brum fans on the other side, and a few above ( I don't think there's ever been a problem with the ones above. The Brum fans on the other side though sometimes have one or two of their zulu boys who spend most of the game facing us and acting like tarts. We usually get a good atmosphere going, nothing to get hugely excited about, but nothing that disappoints. Brum fans at the other end of the ground sing a bit aswell, so it's alright.
There's not much else to say about St Andrews, it's all fairly standard, and not greatly exciting!

Ticket price however could be an issue, in their derby against Villa just, they charged em £45 quid for an adult ticket. They've charged us £40 in the past before aswell. So don't be surprised to find the prices between £40-£45. The only positive to that is that many tickets should go to general sale, therefore you should be able to get some for you and your friends.

I was thinking of heading down to this, but if they're going to charge silly money again, they can forget it.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Colin the King » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

I don't mean to sound like a fun spoiler, but really, don't bother. Their fans are fucking horrible, there's a 99.9% change it'll kick off like it always does with them, as the others said they always charge huge amounts for the away fans, Villa were charged £48 the other week. If you live in the midlands and want a local(ish) away game, I'd recommend Wolves- their fans aren't exactly angels either but are still a lot friendlier overall and it's a better day out.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Hazy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Colin the King wrote:I don't mean to sound like a fun spoiler, but really, don't bother. Their fans are fucking horrible, there's a 99.9% change it'll kick off like it always does with them, as the others said they always charge huge amounts for the away fans, Villa were charged £48 the other week. If you live in the midlands and want a local(ish) away game, I'd recommend Wolves- their fans aren't exactly angels either but are still a lot friendlier overall and it's a better day out.

2nd that If you want a decent away game and the other half is in tow then Fulham has to be the one Birmingham away is one for the mini bus and what will be will be away day.
Hazy

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Steve » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Colin the King wrote:I don't mean to sound like a fun spoiler, but really, don't bother. Their fans are fucking horrible, there's a 99.9% change it'll kick off like it always does with them, as the others said they always charge huge amounts for the away fans, Villa were charged £48 the other week. If you live in the midlands and want a local(ish) away game, I'd recommend Wolves- their fans aren't exactly angels either but are still a lot friendlier overall and it's a better day out.

I've been away to Brum a few times and it's not that bad to be honest. Obviously you don't want to be going round the pubs in Small Heath, and parking your car up quiet streets is also a no no. I've sat in the home end before, not cheered when they scored, and had no problems. One time after sitting in the away end, I got on a Birmingham supporters coach to get a ride back to my mothers house(in Redditch), again I was in my City shirt and I had no problems. I think we won that game too, did Barton score one? And Nicky Butt for them?

Eoin is right, they have some dickhead fans (who doesnt?) but a lot of them are at the other end of the ground, and unless you go skulking around looking for trouble, then you'll be alright. Sometimes we've had to wait in the ground a little, or behind a fence, but its never been anything too problematic.
Steve

Postby TrueBlue82 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks for the info guys

rang bham fc they said around £42 quid. then rang city, they should be going on sale next week some point (bham confirm city have the tickets just depends when they put them on sale)

my mate will be driving us down and we wont be hanging around after the game either.

oh and as for parking, wheres best place near(ish) to the ground?

conflicting info though re something kicking off?!!?

but i suppose as someone said above, all clubs have those fans.
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Im not going,im going to Italia the day after plus i dont wanna go to Birmingham again its a pretty big shithole.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:45 pm

The ground is a dump, in a not particularly nice area (ie the Midlands).

If you do go, don't forget to practice (in Brummie accent):

"We are considerably richer than yow!"
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby TrueBlue82 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:29 am

Somerset Blue wrote:The ground is a dump, in a not particularly nice area (ie the Midlands).

If you do go, don't forget to practice (in Brummie accent):

"We are considerably richer than yow!"

haha yeah i will
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82

Postby TrueBlue82 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:18 am

one other thing, i know this is a daft question but:

obv if i want all 4 of us to be sat together will need to by the tickets at the same time yeah? (awaits abuse! lol)
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:11 am

TrueBlue82 wrote:one other thing, i know this is a daft question but:

obv if i want all 4 of us to be sat together will need to by the tickets at the same time yeah? (awaits abuse! lol)

Bugger me TB I know this is a forum but you're gonna want someone to drive you there in a minute! Are you new to this away lark? The answer is yes.

The Brum match had a bad rep with us going back years when the terraces were there and there was a lack of segregation or policing. Probably the worst organised of a bad bunch in the 70s. It is to be hoped, however, that 21st century football has percolated even the mean streets of St Andrews.

Just follow parking advice from both clubs, go early, have some nosh and a drink and go for it. Pay a fiver somewhere and off you go. FFS dont turn up at quarter to 3 and expect someone to have saved you a space!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby TrueBlue82 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 pm

john@staustell wrote:
TrueBlue82 wrote:one other thing, i know this is a daft question but:

Bugger me TB I know this is a forum but you're gonna want someone to drive you there in a minute! Are you new to this away lark? The answer is yes.

The Brum match had a bad rep with us going back years when the terraces were there and there was a lack of segregation or policing. Probably the worst organised of a bad bunch in the 70s. It is to be hoped, however, that 21st century football has percolated even the mean streets of St Andrews.

Just follow parking advice from both clubs, go early, have some nosh and a drink and go for it. Pay a fiver somewhere and off you go. FFS dont turn up at quarter to 3 and expect someone to have saved you a space!

cant you drive me? lol

yeah am new and havent been to a game in years so kinda outta touch with the whole shabang

thanks for the info john ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82

Postby TrueBlue82 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:02 pm

on OS they go on General sale on 23/10.

whats the odds on there being any left by then??
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82

Postby Steve » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:06 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:on OS they go on General sale on 23/10.

whats the odds on there being any left by then??

With their silly prices I say quite good!
Steve

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm going. I like going to Brum. It is 42 snots mind, which is bloody extortionate. The ground is okay these days, but I would expect a few empty seats for a game on a Sunday on the telly. A couple of years ago they had sell outs all the time, but that's not the case now.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Cant wait for this one!! Only up the road for me so a nice away day, like Villa last Monday.

If you want a drink ya prob best off with a weather spoons type pub called The Square Peg. Its just down Corperation street (NEAR NEW STREET STATION)on the left and is usually full of City fans on match day. You can walk to the ground from there, or grab a taxi. i wouldnt drink around the ground, looks iffy..

No trouble there (Square Peg)as there are usually a few riot vans parked outside and there is security in the pub. I went when they were last in the Prem and see no trouble what-so-ever
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby simon12 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Last time they were in prem was their 25 yrs zulu celebration at our place. They are dicks and will want a go as we made them look dicks that day. Plus we are now quite "top boys" are we not?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:12 pm

simon12 wrote:Last time they were in prem was their 25 yrs zulu celebration at our place. They are dicks and will want a go as we made them look dicks that day. Plus we are now quite "top boys" are we not?

Nah.. I was at both games and the away day was after the zulu thing at our place and I didnt see any trouble at the away leg.. I was more than half expecting it though..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum