Money waving Villa fan ! and other stuff

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Money waving Villa fan ! and other stuff

Postby Blue in North London » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Does anybody think that idiot waving the money has a face that you would never tire of smacking?
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:53 pm

I have a problem believing that a Villa fan would be able to get their hands on a £50 note to copy it...
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Florida Blue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:00 am

RIG, great post, but I want you to just think about this.

Barry left for greener pastures, it was his choice, the Villa supporters look at it simply as a cash grab, nothing else. Therefore they chose to abuse him by waiving the bills and riding him hard.

On the other hand Dunne was sold, he did not ask to go, and was just sent away. Of course that leaves us to support him not chastise him as he left us on a good note, and did nothing to waiver from being a true blue.

Do you think City fans would cheer Barton? Sturridge? Maybe Sturridge (as is Barton) is a bad example, but last year a lot of us were praising him (rightly so) and now the same lot are calling him greedy (rightly so). But let's say Martin Pettov leaves in the wake of this news and goes to Spuds, would we all cheer him as well?

While I would like to think we are impeccable, I don't think the comparison is very fair.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:08 am

I would be sad to be a Villa fan and not know how stupid they sound over this whole subject. But in pure financial terms.

Bought for £150K from Brighton, 12 years service and sold for £12M.

One year left on his contract worth £50K/week for one worth 90k/week. In theory, he could have sat his last year at Villa Park and probably got himself a deal in excess of £130K/week being he was coming for nothing. Which would make him signing a new contract after coming on a free worth more to him financially over the course.

And lastly, he was under contract to Villa and it was ultimately down to them if he was sold. And I hear the counter clicking in peoples' minds that they sold him for £12M now so he didn't leave for nothing a year later and yet with policy like that....it's Barry who is considering the money grabber? Odd.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 am

I'd much rather have someone do a 'Barry' if they wanted to leave, than running their contract down and shitting on the club. I've got no time for those sort of gits at all.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:25 am

Dameerto wrote:I'd much rather have someone do a 'Barry' if they wanted to leave, than running their contract down and shitting on the club. I've got no time for those sort of gits at all.

Like Danny Mills....well not quite.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby AlpsMaster » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Firstly I just want to congratulate any amongst you that went to the Aston Villa game (I couldn't do due to working abroad, but watched on TV), what a display of absolute sheer class the City supporters were, but then again I didn't expect anything else, as we are the best supporters around and show the class when we need to, at times we have had more than the XI players representing us.

When Richard Dunne was announced in the team line-up City fans, stood as one and applauded, and clapped, letting Richard and the world know that we valued his 9 years of loyal and un-wavering service to this club, even cheered when he was named MoTM and applauded him on that also, sang "once a blue always a blue" to a creschendo that defeaned the booing the Villa supporters were giving Gareth Barry, and really showed them up for the poor supporters that they are.

Unlike the fist waving at Adebayor of the Arsenal fans, or coin-throwing and 2-fingerd salute to Tevez from the scum faithful, and even the booing and money waving antics of the Villa section, City shown them HOW TO support a former club star, even if he is no longer part of their team anymore......and Richard Dunne has since gone on to say how proud he was of you and also the club for how they helped him.....I haven't heard Barry, Adebayor or Tevez say the same about their past employers and I wonder why??.

That was sheer class that lads and lasses, and I thank you, in showing the new players to our club just how impeccable the City fans are, and letting them know more than ever that they DID DO THE RIGHT thing in joining City.

I even heard a Villa fan say they would have forgiven Barry if he had gone about moving the correct way and was loyal!!.....loyal, I couldn't fucking believe it, loyal, he gave them 12 years won fuck all and decided that a move away to a side who has more going for them to break the cartel was the last chance he had in his career to win a medal........then after seeing their reaction on Monday, it is obvious that Villa fans haven't got a fucking clue what the word "loyal" means, or the brains to understand.

Just read this and thought it was an excellent post.

OK, so who are you and what have you done with RIG? :-)))
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum