City hit by injuries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City hit by injuries

Postby Vhero » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Manchester City picked up a number of injuries during their draw at Aston Villa on Monday night.

Nigel de Jong, Roque Santa Cruz, Pablo Zabaleta, and Kolo Toure all picked up knocks in Birmingham.

City boss Mark Hughes has discovered that De Jong has an ankle problem, Santa Cruz hurt his eye, Toure injured his heel and Zabaleta has pulled his hamstring.

De Jong and Zabaleta have already been withdrawn from the Dutch and Argentine squads respectively.

"We lost Nigel to an ankle injury just after half time. He was struggling at the break but he wanted to give it a go," said Hughes.

Struggling

"Thankfully Stevie Ireland came on and showed his quality almost immediately.

"Manu (Adebayor) was a bit rusty after his lay off and there were a few like that. Roque got a Craig Bellamy finger in his eye almost immediately and was struggling.

"Almost all the time he was out there he was working with one eye. Carlos Tevez is still coming up to speed.

"There were a few walking wounded out there. Kolo will have to have a scan on his heel, he has had a real bang on it and Pablo has, we think, tweaked his hamstring in the last minute of the game and the likelihood is that we could be missing him for couple of weeks."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 08,00.html

Santa Cruz out ALREADY! WTF!!!
Last edited by Vhero on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: City hit by injuries Santa Cruz Injured Too!

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Since when did " hurt his eye" mean out already. Leave such crap to journalists!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Since when did " hurt his eye" mean out already. Leave such crap to journalists!

fair enough but they do make out like we have 4 players out. I think Hughes is just making excuses for the guy as he was poor. Which is to be expected of somebody who just came back from such a long injury. I think you hold the answer Doug.. Was he at training this morning?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fish111 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Vhero wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Since when did " hurt his eye" mean out already. Leave such crap to journalists!

fair enough but they do make out like we have 4 players out. I think Hughes is just making excuses for the guy as he was poor. Which is to be expected of somebody who just came back from such a long injury. I think you hold the answer Doug.. Was he at training this morning?

If you saw the match you could quite clearly see that a robust challenge by Bellamy on Collins resulted in Bellamys arms swinging round and his hand caught RSC right in the face, no excuses needed by Hughes as i don't think RSC was poor especially now that i know he was playing with a dodgy eye for the most part he was on.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Vhero wrote:

No he was not at training this morning which means................... what?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Vhero wrote:

You regularly claim 'excuses' are being made for players who have genuine injuries/sicknesses.

I'm not exactly what you're playing at, but as a city supporter you should really give the benefit of the doubt to the club when they say these players have something wrong with them. As mentioned already in this thread, such fucking bullshit is expected from the toilet rags not a city fan.

You're talking about players who are quality footballers. If they are not playing well they will be dropped. There won't be excuses made for poor form, so please stop trying to make things up.
Original Dub

Re: City hit by injuries

Postby King Kev » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Lescott is also injured. He suffered a calf injury last night which has forced him to withdraw from the England squad.

[urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/October/Joleon-out-of-England-squad]LINK[/urlnp]
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:20 pm

King Kev wrote:Lescott is also injured. He suffered a calf injury last night which has forced him to withdraw from the England squad.

[urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/October/Joleon-out-of-England-squad]LINK[/urlnp]

As long as they are fit for the Wigan match I don't give a flying fuck if they miss out on internationals
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
King Kev wrote:Lescott is also injured. He suffered a calf injury last night which has forced him to withdraw from the England squad.

As long as they are fit for the Wigan match I don't give a flying fuck if they miss out on internationals

Spot on I could not give a flying fuck about England or any other internatinal team. City are the main priority for me and I could not care less if they all cried off with slight knocks and stayed home. Anything that benefits City is fine by me. Does anyone else hate these bloody breaks. I hate weekends without a City game.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Vhero wrote:

No he was not at training this morning which means................... what?

oooo, I know this one, it means he PLAYED LAST NIGHT.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby one man army » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Spot on I could not give a flying fuck about England or any other internatinal team.

i don't understand that. imo playing for your country is representing your nation, a great honour for any player. and a big pride for any football fan.
saying you don't give a fuck about your national team is against the whole idea of football.
football is not about money m8 (i still believe it's not).
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby bluemoon » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Spot on I could not give a flying fuck about England or any other internatinal team. City are the main priority for me and I could not care less if they all cried off with slight knocks and stayed home. Anything that benefits City is fine by me. Does anyone else hate these bloody breaks. I hate weekends without a City game.

Amen to that!
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 pm

one man army wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Spot on I could not give a flying fuck about England or any other internatinal team.

i don't understand that. imo playing for your country is representing your nation, a great honour for any player. and a big pride for any football fan.
saying you don't give a fuck about your national team is against the whole idea of football.

Unfortunately most English living in England have been battered into believing that national pride is a sin and to be English is shameful.(I think there was even a song about it) It's not their fault, if someone told you all your life you were a dog, you'd probably grow a tail.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fish111 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:37 am

one man army wrote:

Agree 100% mate, not all English fans are like Sister of Fu most of us have as much passion about international games as we do our clubs. Playing for your country is the pinnacle of a footballers career. I would suggest most footballers would give all their FA Cup, Carling Cup & Premier Leagues medals up for one World Cup medal.
I am chuffed to fuck when i see SWP, Barry, Lescott & Bridge in the England squad. Saying you don't give a fuck about your country is just a weird attitude to football and people with such narrow opinions aren't proper football supporters imo as international football is completeley seperate from domestic football and pride in Englans is nothing to be shameful about, you've been listening to the PC brigade for too long.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Blue in North London » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 am

Slim wrote:Unfortunately most English living in England have been battered into believing that national pride is a sin and to be English is shameful.(I think there was even a song about it) It's not their fault, if someone told you all your life you were a dog, you'd probably grow a tail.

Irish Blood, English Heart by Morrissey

To be standing by the flag not feeling shameful, racist or partial
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:53 am

Fish111 wrote:
one man army wrote:

Agree 100% mate, not all English fans are like Sister of Fu most of us have as much passion about international games as we do our clubs. Playing for your country is the pinnacle of a footballers career. I would suggest most footballers would give all their FA Cup, Carling Cup & Premier Leagues medals up for one World Cup medal.
I am chuffed to fuck when i see SWP, Barry, Lescott & Bridge in the England squad. Saying you don't give a fuck about your country is just a weird attitude to football and people with such narrow opinions aren't proper football supporters imo as international football is completeley seperate from domestic football and pride in Englans is nothing to be shameful about, you've been listening to the PC brigade for too long.

So im not a proper City because I don't really care of international football......nonsense. City are my priority end of..!!

You will find many fans like me that don't really care about the international scene and became disillusioned with it all. Maybe it has do with all the years of not many City players pulling on the England shirt or the times when certain players never get a look in even though they are the best in there position. For years the England team to me has been an extension on the big 4 brigade with players from smaller teams never getting a luck in despite there excellent club form.

I just don't have the same feelings towards England as I do for City and I don't see any crime in that. IMO I cant see how England would ever come before City but this is my opinion
Sister of fu

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:59 am

Slim wrote:
one man army wrote:

Unfortunately most English living in England have been battered into believing that national pride is a sin and to be English is shameful.(I think there was even a song about it) It's not their fault, if someone told you all your life you were a dog, you'd probably grow a tail.

So im not proud to be English and MOST who live here aint....god your good. How do you no this have you conducted a survey or something????!!
Sister of fu

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:09 am

I don't support England because I'm not cheering on players like that fat cunt Rooney, the thick twat Ferdinand, the thieving slag Gerrard, etc just because they pull on a different coloured shirt.
Also, because most England fans have the same mentality as Man Ure fans and think it’s their God given right to be in every tournament final, and are confused when they get knocked out to shite nations like it didn't happen 2 years before!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 am

I feel compelled to draw your attention to which nation you played for

You are one of THEM

Those bastards who are ruining my club....that's why you don't care about ENGUUUUURRRLAAAAND

I must confess that I don't think I've watched a full England match since the WC in Germany. I'll usually have a watch for 30-40 mins if there are some City lads playing but I can't get that excited about it outside the major tournaments.

Even then I don't really like the whole "england fan" balls, all the flags on white vans and bulldog spirit and rabid rubbish in the tabloids.

I do want England to do well but I must confess that my support for them is halfhearted at best (.....hell I didn't even watch the 1-5 in Germany so I guess I mustn't be that bovvered innit)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:10 am

Re. this "City and/or England" thing. I'm English to the core, patriotic rather than nationalistic. I used to think that the day a player got picked for England was the proudest moment in his career (maybe I read too many "Roy of the Rovers" stories of the young player who's just been selected to win his first cap walking to his club for training and being told by the cheery local newspaper-seller "you've been picked for England, lad.") But I haven't really cared what the England football team do since the World Cup in Italy over ten years ago. Partly it's on account of the kind of disreputable guys who have been picked in recent years, partly it's because they've been repeatedly hyped up by the media under a series of poor managers, and partly it's because no City players have been in the team. And if it came down to it I'd far rather City win the league than England win the World Cup.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum