Could A Woman Manage A Premiership Side?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Could A Woman Manage A Premiership Side?

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:28 am

wesmancity wrote:
King Kev wrote:The particular woman I have in mind is Hope Powell.

Hope has a full Uefa Pro-A Licence and has been manager of the England Women's team since 1998. Before this she also played for the national side 66 times.

Some would argue that she is more qualified than some managers currently in charge of Premiership games, but would/should the fact that she is a woman preclude her from being considered for any managing jobs in The Prem?

Don’t talk like a dick!.....there’s no way a woman be good as a manager in any blokes football. They tried with a woman commentator and that went down like a sack of spuds. Qualifications dont mean jack shit in football, its all about respect and no woman would get the respect by the team in our sport. Bad Idea, Bad Post....please don't do that again to me.

Yeah, it is all about respect.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Re: Could A Woman Manage A Premiership Side?

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:00 pm

As a parting shot at the doom and gloomers that cannot see beyond their nose. Karen Brady was the first woman to hold the title of MD of a football club and at the same time held the honour of the first woman to be the MD of a uk plc!

Q. Did she crash and burn in a totally male dominate environment?
A. NO

Q. What did she need to do her job?
A. A good brain and know how!

I understand the arguments against, but there is no reason to say she cannot be a success apart from the usual sexist bollocks. Of course she could do the job.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum