Kompany

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kompany

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Couldnt see a thread recently about him so thought id start one. when is he back? he is not on the physio room table so presume hes nearly back?

I think Kompany will make a huge difference for us when hes back. I think he has slightly better distribution than de jong but more importantly hes a bigger physical presence. At the moment we seem to be getting caught out on corners/set peices……his height could help us out in that department a lot.

Still cant believe how stong our squad is! Phenomenal
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Kompany

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:29 pm

To quote Doug in his training thread:

Vinnie is looking fine. I have reported before that he has surpassed himself in the gym and is raring to go. As we have seen from others though there is no substitute to playing games and I would hope he would definitely get some game time against Scunthorpe if not before.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Kompany

Postby Colin the King » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:15 pm

It'll be great to have him back, a midfield of Kompany, Barry and Ireland looks very strong if de Jong is injured of out of form. He might have a big part to play as well when Touré heads off in January. Considering last season was his first in England, I thought he did very well and hopefully he'll push on from that.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum