I'll never play for Ireland again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I'll never play for Ireland again

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 am

Dear Carl,

Honour is spelt with a "u".

love Slim.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:44 am

Slim wrote:Dear Carl,

love Slim.

YOUR HONOR,

IM IN LATIN AMERICA AND THEY ARE ALL GRINGIFIED THIS END.......HONOR AND COLOR IS THE CORRECT WAY TO SPELL HERE.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:47 am

john68 wrote:Carl,
Just a thought that young Stevie was only a kid when he left Ireland to come here. Most of his formative years have been spent in England. Maybe, he just doesn't feel that Irish anymore.
I notice that with both our surnames not derivating from this country, we both feel English.

JUST BECAUSE YOU MOVE COUNTRIES DOESNT MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR IDENTITY MATE..........
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kyle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:03 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Just a thought that young Stevie was only a kid when he left Ireland to come here. Most of his formative years have been spent in England. Maybe, he just doesn't feel that Irish anymore.
I notice that with both our surnames not derivating from this country, we both feel English.

JUST BECAUSE YOU MOVE COUNTRIES DOESNT MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR IDENTITY MATE..........

When I was 16 I moved to Peru for a few years, and when I left I felt more Peruvian then American. If I would have stayed there until now, I would have considered myself Peruvian.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:12 am

IOr maybe some do Mate.

I was just chucking it out to see where it landed.
I'm a McCormick, 3 of my grandparents were irish...I feel no Irish connection whatsoever and am an Anglophile.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

love Slim.

YOUR HONOR,

IM IN LATIN AMERICA AND THEY ARE ALL GRINGIFIED THIS END.......HONOR AND COLOR IS THE CORRECT WAY TO SPELL HERE.

If you had any national pride, that wouldn't matter.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ian494 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Just your ability to spell correctly.....;-)
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:43 am

You're old enough to know better ;)

He's Irish as fuck - same as the rest of us born here. Its like city - its in your blood.

HE DOESN'T LIKE THE SET UP OF INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL AND WOULD PREFER TO STAY WITH HIS FAMILY, BUT HE WATCHES EVERY IRELAND GAME AND WANTS US TO WIN.

It would be nice if he did play for Ireland from my point of view, but if he is more of a family man than your average joe, then so be it. They are the reasons he has given, so I can't see why the conspiracy theories are all over this thread.

Maybe you have to be Irish to know why some of what's been in this thread is hilarious.

Oh and someone said maybe if we had "faith" like the english supporters we'd perform better or something like that.... or was it "maybe if we got behind our team"?

First of all, we've more than held our own in each world cup we've qualified for and narrowly lost out... not bad at all for a small country with a modest population like ours... wanna know why that is?

Because of the fans. Voted numerous times the best fans in the world in fact. World renowned you could say. We think we can beat anyone on our day. But my point was that your press and in turn your fans EXPECT to win the world cup and euro champ every fucking time you enter.

And you shouldn't at all, because everytime your team comes home under a cloud of shame or disappointment when all they've done is perform to their level.

Its madness!
Original Dub

Postby ian494 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:46 am

I think this is more to do with the bullying he received about his hair than honour and pride.

Coming out with this statement is more to shift the focus away from something that can be fixed by the FAI. If he stated it was just the bullying then it would be more difficlut for him not to play if assurances were given about future player conduct.

This pretty much closes the door on any opportunity to persuade him to play.
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 am

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

love Slim.

YOUR HONOR,

If you had any national pride, that wouldn't matter.

IM CURRENTLY IN GUATAMALA - I HAVE NO PRIDE WHATSOEVER AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:20 am

I fancy England for the World Cup.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 am

ian494 wrote:I think this is more to do with the bullying he received about his hair than honour and pride.

Coming out with this statement is more to shift the focus away from something that can be fixed by the FAI. If he stated it was just the bullying then it would be more difficlut for him not to play if assurances were given about future player conduct.

This pretty much closes the door on any opportunity to persuade him to play.

I think the only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them not run away.
I think the bullying story is just that a story.
For me it appears more to do with the make up of the lad.To me it looks like he thinks his character has been slurred by Trappattoni not rating him as he says. He is getting his own back and not thinking of the consequences where his actions are alienating a lot of people
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:44 am

Kyle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

When I was 16 I moved to Peru for a few years, and when I left I felt more Peruvian then American. If I would have stayed there until now, I would have considered myself Peruvian.

ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS?

PERUVIANS ARE MUNCHKINS.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I fancy England for the World Cup.

So would I if you had a goalkeeper, right back, creative midfielder or a striker it none of the decent teams like Spain or Brazil werent going.

Apart from that I fancy them to.
ross.mcfc

Postby crossan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Great club player but he's never been a full shilling has he?
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I fancy England for the World Cup.

No way, REALLY????

Of course you do. Its part of the process I mentioned earlier in the thread.
Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Kyle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS?

PERUVIANS ARE MUNCHKINS.

Post of the week!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Sorry Dub,
I just think you have a small time mentality about England winning the World Cup and probably more than a little bit of jealousy.
I congratulate your fans for being voted ther best but I'll bet you'd have been a whole lot happier if your team had played the best...and won it.

I think you are becoming bitter at your constant failure, with no hope of improvement and England's success. Did you know that Engalnd had WON the World Cup. Maybe we are just superior.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:59 pm

john68 wrote:Sorry Dub,
I just think you have a small time mentality about England winning the World Cup and probably more than a little bit of jealousy.
I congratulate your fans for being voted ther best but I'll bet you'd have been a whole lot happier if your team had played the best...and won it.

I think you are becoming bitter at your constant failure, with no hope of improvement and England's success. Did you know that Engalnd had WON the World Cup. Maybe we are just superior.

You definitely have a better team. I should hope so too, because you've got best league in the world and far far bigger population to boot. that said, I think we'd beat you.

England won the world cup 40 odd years ago mate. It was a marvellous achievement but you haven't shut up about it since. Its coming home and all that bollox - it goes home when it goes to Brazil IMO.

And if I'm bitter because we have 'constant failure', then you are very rag-like in your summary of Ireland as a footballing nation - ignorant and mis-educated.

I'm not sure we'll even qualify for the world cup - we have the world champions in our group BTW - and we'll more than likely face a tough play-off... but mark my words my naive friend.... we'll bring home exactly what you bring home, only we'll have probably over-achieved where you'll feel you've underachieved....

Its funny to watch, not because I'm jealous in any shape or form of a different country (that'd be silly), but because its like Spurs fans going mental and crying into their pillows because they didn't win the premier league... YET AGAIN!

:)
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john68 wrote:Sorry Dub,

You definitely have a better team. I should hope so too, because you've got best league in the world and far far bigger population to boot. that said, I think we'd beat you.

England won the world cup 40 odd years ago mate. It was a marvellous achievement but you haven't shut up about it since. Its coming home and all that bollox - it goes home when it goes to Brazil IMO.

And if I'm bitter because we have 'constant failure', then you are very rag-like in your summary of Ireland as a footballing nation - ignorant and mis-educated.

I'm not sure we'll even qualify for the world cup - we have the world champions in our group BTW - and we'll more than likely face a tough play-off... but mark my words my naive friend.... we'll bring home exactly what you bring home, only we'll have probably over-achieved where you'll feel you've underachieved....

Its funny to watch, not because I'm jealous in any shape or form of a different country (that'd be silly), but because its like Spurs fans going mental and crying into their pillows because they didn't win the premier league... YET AGAIN!

:)

Ta Mate....I just knew you wouldn't resist it.....CHOMP!!!!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....took you 8 mins....:-)
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum