I'll never play for Ireland again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I'll never play for Ireland again

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 pm

john68 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
john68 wrote:Sorry Dub,
I just think you have a small time mentality about England winning the World Cup and probably more than a little bit of jealousy.
I congratulate your fans for being voted ther best but I'll bet you'd have been a whole lot happier if your team had played the best...and won it.

I think you are becoming bitter at your constant failure, with no hope of improvement and England's success. Did you know that Engalnd had WON the World Cup. Maybe we are just superior.

You definitely have a better team. I should hope so too, because you've got best league in the world and far far bigger population to boot. that said, I think we'd beat you.

England won the world cup 40 odd years ago mate. It was a marvellous achievement but you haven't shut up about it since. Its coming home and all that bollox - it goes home when it goes to Brazil IMO.

And if I'm bitter because we have 'constant failure', then you are very rag-like in your summary of Ireland as a footballing nation - ignorant and mis-educated.

I'm not sure we'll even qualify for the world cup - we have the world champions in our group BTW - and we'll more than likely face a tough play-off... but mark my words my naive friend.... we'll bring home exactly what you bring home, only we'll have probably over-achieved where you'll feel you've underachieved....

Its funny to watch, not because I'm jealous in any shape or form of a different country (that'd be silly), but because its like Spurs fans going mental and crying into their pillows because they didn't win the premier league... YET AGAIN!

:)

Ta Mate....I just knew you wouldn't resist it.....CHOMP!!!!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....took you 8 mins....:-)

Well mate, you're pretty fucking old....

I didn't want to take much longer ;)
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:22 pm

hahahahahaha...well in Mate...:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john68 wrote:Carl,
Just a thought that young Stevie was only a kid when he left Ireland to come here. Most of his formative years have been spent in England. Maybe, he just doesn't feel that Irish anymore.
I notice that with both our surnames not derivating from this country, we both feel English.

You're old enough to know better ;)

He's Irish as fuck - same as the rest of us born here. Its like city - its in your blood.

HE DOESN'T LIKE THE SET UP OF INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL AND WOULD PREFER TO STAY WITH HIS FAMILY, BUT HE WATCHES EVERY IRELAND GAME AND WANTS US TO WIN.

It would be nice if he did play for Ireland from my point of view, but if he is more of a family man than your average joe, then so be it. They are the reasons he has given, so I can't see why the conspiracy theories are all over this thread.

Maybe you have to be Irish to know why some of what's been in this thread is hilarious.

Oh and someone said maybe if we had "faith" like the english supporters we'd perform better or something like that.... or was it "maybe if we got behind our team"?

First of all, we've more than held our own in each world cup we've qualified for and narrowly lost out... not bad at all for a small country with a modest population like ours... wanna know why that is?

Because of the fans. Voted numerous times the best fans in the world in fact. World renowned you could say. We think we can beat anyone on our day. But my point was that your press and in turn your fans EXPECT to win the world cup and euro champ every fucking time you enter.

And you shouldn't at all, because everytime your team comes home under a cloud of shame or disappointment when all they've done is perform to their level.

Its madness!

Lmao!! Well, someone sounds a little anti English to me. You sound a little bitter tbh.

We dont EXPECT to win anything . And as for the media, well I personally gave up listening to them a long time ago, but most of it is just to hype up the occasion rather than bein doom and gloom from the off set. Maybe you should do the same so you dont get your nik niks in such a twist. We have hope and faith that we can go on and win and its totally plausible when you think Greece done it!! Im sure the rest of Britain would rather see the English lose than see their own nation win,Thats how some come accross. Us English just see it at jealousy and bitterness lol

As for the fans.. None come anywhere near close to England! Take a huge following wherever England play and near on always sell out 90,000, even for pointless friendlies.

I wasn't directly questioning a particular nations belief or faith, but it gets you thinking if you think its so wrong for England fans to actually believe their nation can win something.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Dazzacity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Just a thought that young Stevie was only a kid when he left Ireland to come here. Most of his formative years have been spent in England. Maybe, he just doesn't feel that Irish anymore.
I notice that with both our surnames not derivating from this country, we both feel English.

He's Irish as fuck - same as the rest of us born here. Its like city - its in your blood.

HE DOESN'T LIKE THE SET UP OF INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL AND WOULD PREFER TO STAY WITH HIS FAMILY, BUT HE WATCHES EVERY IRELAND GAME AND WANTS US TO WIN.

It would be nice if he did play for Ireland from my point of view, but if he is more of a family man than your average joe, then so be it. They are the reasons he has given, so I can't see why the conspiracy theories are all over this thread.

Maybe you have to be Irish to know why some of what's been in this thread is hilarious.

Oh and someone said maybe if we had "faith" like the english supporters we'd perform better or something like that.... or was it "maybe if we got behind our team"?

First of all, we've more than held our own in each world cup we've qualified for and narrowly lost out... not bad at all for a small country with a modest population like ours... wanna know why that is?

Because of the fans. Voted numerous times the best fans in the world in fact. World renowned you could say. We think we can beat anyone on our day. But my point was that your press and in turn your fans EXPECT to win the world cup and euro champ every fucking time you enter.

And you shouldn't at all, because everytime your team comes home under a cloud of shame or disappointment when all they've done is perform to their level.

Its madness!

Lmao!! Well, someone sounds a little anti English to me. You sound a little bitter tbh.

We dont EXPECT to win anything . And as for the media, well I personally gave up listening to them a long time ago, but most of it is just to hype up the occasion rather than bein doom and gloom from the off set. Maybe you should do the same so you dont get your nik niks in such a twist. We have hope and faith that we can go on and win and its totally plausible when you think Greece done it!! Im sure the rest of Britain would rather see the English lose than see their own nation win,Thats how some come accross. Us English just see it at jealousy and bitterness lol

As for the fans.. None come anywhere near close to England! Take a huge following wherever England play and near on always sell out 90,000, even for pointless friendlies.

I wasn't directly questioning a particular nations belief or faith, but it gets you thinking if you think its so wrong for England fans to actually believe their nation can win something.

I'm not anti-english and I don't know why anyone would honestly believe that an Irish fan is bitter for any reason. We have done pretty well in every competition IMO. You also say something about the 'rest of Britain' being jealous.... are you talking about Scotland or Wales? I have no idea why you mention those countries in this debate?

So that aside, I was just pointing out what your press do and how (albeit in my opinion) it comes across internationally.

Now back to the fanbase my disillusioned friend. I love all you lads, but while the English fans have improved a lot over the last few years, you are famous around the world for arrogance, intimidation and hooliganism. You'll probably try and tell me this is more of my anti-englishness(which is a ludacris thing to call a Manchester City fan & certainly one as fanatical as I am), but I'm just trying to be honest with you. So saying that nowhere comes near the English for fans... well, you're wrong. Check out the Irish or Brazilians at the world cup (please god!)... I wouldn't be suprised to see either of them voted best fans in the world... again.

Stay patriotic by all means mate - its what makes the world go round... but all I tried to do was give an honest assessment of why I think pretty much every other nation is routing for whoever is playing England. Its not because you're the favourite to win... it's not because you win a lot of trophies... its very safe to say its not because of jealousy I think we can agree?

So you tell me Dazza - why do you think it is?
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Its madness!

I'm not anti-english and I don't know why anyone would honestly believe that an Irish fan is bitter for any reason. We have done pretty well in every competition IMO. You also say something about the 'rest of Britain' being jealous.... are you talking about Scotland or Wales? I have no idea why you mention those countries in this debate?

So that aside, I was just pointing out what your press do and how (albeit in my opinion) it comes across internationally.

Now back to the fanbase my disillusioned friend. I love all you lads, but while the English fans have improved a lot over the last few years, you are famous around the world for arrogance, intimidation and hooliganism. You'll probably try and tell me this is more of my anti-englishness(which is a ludacris thing to call a Manchester City fan & certainly one as fanatical as I am), but I'm just trying to be honest with you. So saying that nowhere comes near the English for fans... well, you're wrong. Check out the Irish or Brazilians at the world cup (please god!)... I wouldn't be suprised to see either of them voted best fans in the world... again.

Stay patriotic by all means mate - its what makes the world go round... but all I tried to do was give an honest assessment of why I think pretty much every other nation is routing for whoever is playing England. Its not because you're the favourite to win... it's not because you win a lot of trophies... its very safe to say its not because of jealousy I think we can agree?

So you tell me Dazza - why do you think it is?

I can see a lot of reasons why people might not want England to win, many of them because of problems caused by England both football wise & historically but a fair bit of it is also unfair & a bit pathetic. I think if you take away some people Britain & Ireland + some of the European countries, a reasonable amount of the world's population would be quite happy for England to win. Take away ex pat support & the obvious love for Brazil that most football fans have & England would be just as popular a winner worldwide as most countries. Our fans will be popular in SA too because the scumbags won't travel, just the genuine supporters.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Dub... I meant great fans as in always getting the numbers wherever we go and always make alot of noise. as a followin, there isn't many that match us. Ill admit that we may not be on the same level of friendliness as the Irish, prob far from it. Unfortunately I must admit that the likes of the Irish are prob in a totally different bracket to many nations when it comes to behaviour. Serbs,French,Russian,Croats,Greeks,Turks even the Dutch etc,play up as much, if not, more so than England. Yet it seems England get the spot light pointed at them for it...Im pretty confident you could go to Wembley and see no trouble from England fans at all..I agree, unfortunately its our 'away' following that can be the problem.

Maybe most nations, as you put it, would like to see England lose as they dont like our confidence?? But that aside, I will spin that one back onto you.. Why does everyone root for whoever we play?? As you say, because we believe in our nation and have hope we can go all the way??? It kind of reminds me of the kid in school who has everything, good at everything. We get that cheap kick when we hear something hasn't gone their way for once and deep down want them to fail..

No offence, but Im sure if the likes of Ireland and co had a squad on the same level as England's you too would be very confident and honestly believe you could go all the way..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:19 am

Dazzacity wrote:Dub... I meant great fans as in always getting the numbers wherever we go and always make alot of noise. as a followin, there isn't many that match us. Ill admit that we may not be on the same level of friendliness as the Irish, prob far from it. Unfortunately I must admit that the likes of the Irish are prob in a totally different bracket to many nations when it comes to behaviour. Serbs,French,Russian,Croats,Greeks,Turks even the Dutch etc,play up as much, if not, more so than England. Yet it seems England get the spot light pointed at them for it...Im pretty confident you could go to Wembley and see no trouble from England fans at all..I agree, unfortunately its our 'away' following that can be the problem.

Maybe most nations, as you put it, would like to see England lose as they dont like our confidence?? But that aside, I will spin that one back onto you.. Why does everyone root for whoever we play?? As you say, because we believe in our nation and have hope we can go all the way??? It kind of reminds me of the kid in school who has everything, good at everything. We get that cheap kick when we hear something hasn't gone their way for once and deep down want them to fail..

No offence, but Im sure if the likes of Ireland and co had a squad on the same level as England's you too would be very confident and honestly believe you could go all the way..

i havent been involved in the debate and if ireland dont qualify i have no probs in england winning it infact i back them nearly every comp but one thing, does booing your own players make yous best fans?you can say alot of things but to try tell the world england national side have the best fans is crazy mate!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:39 am

Svensational wrote:What sort of chestnut thinks Ireland would beat England?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!

I bet everyone had that same train of thought every other time the two sides met too, right?

1) 1949 Ireland won 2-0 in a friendly.

2) 1958 Ireland 1-1 England in world cup qualifier.... England salvaged a late goal which meant we wouldn't have to face each other in playoff!

3) 1988 Ireland 1-0 England in Euro Championships

4) 1990 Ireland 1-1 England in World Cup

5) 1995 Ireland 1-0 England 'friendly'... match abandoned due to rioting from the away fans.

Forgive me if I've missed some matches, I don't think I have...

England have always had far superior teams to Ireland and they never beat us. I'm quite confident should we meet in the world cup, we would not be beaten. Even in this qualifying group (so far, touch wood!), we are unbeaten and that includes travelling to the home of the World Champions... who we again play tonight.

Now can you tell me what kind of chestnut thinks we'd have no chance? The kind that thinks he'll win the world cup everytime he enters?
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:58 am

Svensational wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Svensational wrote:What sort of chestnut thinks Ireland would beat England?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!

I bet everyone had that same train of thought every other time the two sides met too, right?

1) 1949 Ireland won 2-0 in a friendly.

2) 1958 Ireland 1-1 England in world cup qualifier.... England salvaged a late goal which meant we wouldn't have to face each other in playoff!

3) 1988 Ireland 1-0 England in Euro Championships

4) 1990 Ireland 1-1 England in World Cup

5) 1995 Ireland 1-0 England 'friendly'... match abandoned due to rioting from the away fans.

Forgive me if I've missed some matches, I don't think I have...

England have always had far superior teams to Ireland and they never beat us. I'm quite confident should we meet in the world cup, we would not be beaten. Even in this qualifying group (so far, touch wood!), we are unbeaten and that includes travelling to the home of the World Champions... who we again play tonight.

Now can you tell me what kind of chestnut thinks we'd have no chance? The kind that thinks he'll win the world cup everytime he enters?

In reality though Dub, this time round with Capello in charge with a full strength side you actually believe Ireland would beat England??

Mate, that's what would have been said under most of your last few managers going back to the 80's. All's well in the England camp at the minute. Just like it was under Sven and those before him. You could do very well in the world cup and even get to the semi finals... I'm not saying we'll finish further in the competition. And I'm not saying that Ireland have a better team.

I'm merely saying I would be confident of not losing to England.

Of course I'd have to be! If the world champions couldn't beat us recently on their own turf then why on God's Holy earth would I not be confident against England FFS?!

Now I don't want to tempt fate, but what if we BEAT the world champions tonight? I still think one way or the other we'll finish 2nd and have to play off against tough opposition, but would you still think its a foregone conclusion that should we meet in the world cup, England will definitely beat Ireland?

Hmmm...
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:02 pm

England for me, everyday of the week!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:16 pm

England are very much a side short of a few players if they wanted to win the world cup. Keeper, right back and striker are massive gaping holes that need to be fixed and quickly if they are to have any hope. Otherwise I see another QF exit on the horizon.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Of course you'd back England, so would the bookies!

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I think you are quarter finalists and it would be a very good world cup if you got to the semis.

That's all my original point was anyway, for all my anti-englishness and the like ;)

Anyway, our match is the one to watch - say a prayer for OD!!!!

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Dub

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:Of course you'd back England, so would the bookies!

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I think you are quarter finalists and it would be a very good world cup if you got to the semis.

That's all my original point was anyway, for all my anti-englishness and the like ;)

Anyway, our match is the one to watch - say a prayer for OD!!!!

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with your points but not the one that we would get anything against england at the mo, over the years esp around 200/2002 i def thought we would but we have some garbage at the mo and any decent player we have isnt been picked for one reason or another if we played the likes of delap, ireland, reid, carsley,carr etc etc we might geta draw but with a midfield of whelan andrews lawrence etc i fear for the worse against anyone!!!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum