Petrov expresses frustration

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Petrov expresses frustration

Postby Blue in North London » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:06 am

I am sure that if Rigsby displays as much effort and application in defence as SWP does, he would be picked everry game, and Bellamy would be playing on the right.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:22 am

Mountains and molehills or what?

Firstly I agree with MRM above in that we would've been tactically exposed if he'd played, big time. So how anyone can say it's 'criminal' he didn't play is ridiculous. Not the game for him.

Secondly the whiskey-sozzled TWAT over the road would say he expected people to be unhappy when they're not playing, and that's right.

Thirdly it's probably some Bulgarian journo asking why he didn't play etc etc.

Lastly this follows his pattern at Atletico doesn't it? Player joins, makes initial impact, doesn't get in side anymore, moans, signed by Sven. Just like Elano at Shaktar. Because we needed to make signings we naturally went for 'unsettled' players. I'm sure he's moaned all his life and he'll probably play in some home games in the near future, do well and carry on moaning.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby colonel_muck » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:59 am

i understand the lad's frustration, and i also understand that his lack of defensive qualities would have made us hugely open to aston villa. but i can't help feeling that hughes isn't going to stand for this kind of thing, remember elano?

personally i think martin should have played, he has earned it, and if we had been opened up by villa, he couldn't have come out and say things like this.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:38 am

Vhero wrote:SWP got put ahead of him as Cabbage man was in the stands and Hughes was good enough to let SWP show his stuff to try get in the England squad. If you haven't figured this out already then you should really start watching a different sport. It wasn't about Petrov performing better. Although it came at a cost it shows loyalty to players and that's what you need.

I could be wrong here, but was the England squad not announced the day before the Villa match.

Different sport?
Original Dub

Postby Hazy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:21 pm

Against West Ham at home great performance, Is he going to be a luxury away from home when we are on the back foot. IMO he is a a homer and a very very good one, We ned players at it home and away week in week out, Like Craig B, simples work your knackers off and win a shirt.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:41 pm

I was ill so couldnt watch the game on Monday but I can understand his frustration at not being picked when he put in a near MotM performance in the game before. I would guess it was for tactical reasons.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sky_blue_stew » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:44 pm

The point is Petrov shouldn't go talking to journalists on this sort of thing. He's unhappy? Good, so he should be. But he should be hammering on Hughes' door to keep the matter within the club rather than having it splashed around the press. If he's already thinking about leaving in January,then that's also something he should keep between himself and the manager. It's not like a player of his quality would be short of suitor sif he did hand in a transfer request - he doesn't need to give them months of notice to track him. So it wouldn't surprise me if Hughes comes down hard on this kind of attitude. Can you imagine Ferguson or Wenger putting up with a player publically moaning about not getting picked. Straight out the door.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby sandman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:15 pm

sky_blue_stew wrote:The point is Petrov shouldn't go talking to journalists on this sort of thing. He's unhappy? Good, so he should be. But he should be hammering on Hughes' door to keep the matter within the club rather than having it splashed around the press. If he's already thinking about leaving in January,then that's also something he should keep between himself and the manager. It's not like a player of his quality would be short of suitor sif he did hand in a transfer request - he doesn't need to give them months of notice to track him. So it wouldn't surprise me if Hughes comes down hard on this kind of attitude. Can you imagine Ferguson or Wenger putting up with a player publically moaning about not getting picked. Straight out the door.

He's not exactly done an Elano, he's most likely been asked a straight question, given a straight answer and the Journo has put their spin on it adding a few quotes to make it seem more than it is?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 am

Its good that he wants to get out there and play, however I am not convinced that leaving him out the squad on Monday was such a bad idea - how often was bellars back to snuff out the opposition attacks - Petrov isn't the best defensively and instead of winning 1-2 we very easily could have lost 3-2 imo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:33 am

Wooders wrote:Its good that he wants to get out there and play, however I am not convinced that leaving him out the squad on Monday was such a bad idea - how often was bellars back to snuff out the opposition attacks - Petrov isn't the best defensively and instead of winning 1-2 we very easily could have lost 3-2 imo

It could've gone either way. Tough decision to make & he was seconds away from getting on the pitch. It's understandable he wants to play & he's not slagging off the manager, he's just expressing his frustration, which is different. I think he'll be on the pitch again very soon one way or another anyway & would've played v Villa if it'd been a home game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:48 am

He's done better than I thought he would when he has come in. Maybe that with better players around him he will a more useful performer. But Villa away is not a game I would have fancied him for.
That said late on in the game when we had the players on to cross to, there wasn't a single ball whipped in.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby sky_blue_stew » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:59 pm

sandman wrote:
sky_blue_stew wrote:The point is Petrov shouldn't go talking to journalists on this sort of thing. He's unhappy? Good, so he should be. But he should be hammering on Hughes' door to keep the matter within the club rather than having it splashed around the press. If he's already thinking about leaving in January,then that's also something he should keep between himself and the manager. It's not like a player of his quality would be short of suitor sif he did hand in a transfer request - he doesn't need to give them months of notice to track him. So it wouldn't surprise me if Hughes comes down hard on this kind of attitude. Can you imagine Ferguson or Wenger putting up with a player publically moaning about not getting picked. Straight out the door.

He's not exactly done an Elano, he's most likely been asked a straight question, given a straight answer and the Journo has put their spin on it adding a few quotes to make it seem more than it is?

Well, the journo's spin was helped by Petrov himself. The question would never have been asked if he hadn't made such a point of indicating his shirt number when he scored against West Ham, and that stuff about his wife "forgetting" his no. must be a snide comment towards the manager. It just doesn't seem very respectful to me. I wouldn't like it if I was in charge.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:11 pm

sky_blue_stew wrote:
sandman wrote:

Well, the journo's spin was helped by Petrov himself. The question would never have been asked if he hadn't made such a point of indicating his shirt number when he scored against West Ham, and that stuff about his wife "forgetting" his no. must be a snide comment towards the manager. It just doesn't seem very respectful to me. I wouldn't like it if I was in charge.

After De Jong started his first game...without actually being dropped or putting in a MotM performance...he did the same exact thing as Petrov, I assume you are similarly pissed off with him?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

I would have thought Hughes would have loved Petrov showing his name and number to him. It firmly stated "Pick me...I am good enough".
A player who wants to play for you....Could you wish for a better attitude?
...Or he could simply have done a Nigel Clough.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby sandman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:33 pm

sky_blue_stew wrote:
sandman wrote:

Horseshit!!

Petrov has celebrated like that before, you're trying to read more into it than was there. Mountain out of a mole hill, I am sure he is disappointed, but he should deal with it by getting his head down.

The more we make an issue of it the more of an issue it will become, the media know that and so ask leading questions to manipulate the answers they desire to make a story, this gets people like you questioning his intentions and creating a situation worth writing about that isnt even a problem.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:48 pm

He's been doing that since preseason (at Barnsley for example)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum