Petrov expresses frustration

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Petrov expresses frustration

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 pm

"must do his talking on the pitch"..."must let his feet do the talking" BOLLOX!
when he was finally given his chance, he got a goal and an assist. FACT.
petrov must stay. he will be more important to us next season when we will rotate more due to european commitments.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Crossie wrote:He should keep quiet. We all know no one likes not playing, but you dont hear things like that coming from Garrido, Sylvinho, NDJ at start of season, basically no one else has moaned, everyone knows the situation.

Petrov did well when he came in, but he isnt the best player in the squad, he still doesnt work hard enough.

Shut up Petrov, keep your head down otherwise youll end up on Hughes list and be out before you know it.

What a load of rubbish, Garrido, Sylvinho and NDJ haven't done the devastation to opposing defences that he has done, so why should they be in the side playing?, fact is that Petrov SHOULD have been in against Villa, as it is the principal of the thing, next time he is recalled for a game because Hughes is up the shit with no players to choose from, if I was Martin, I wouldn't even bother trying if I wasn't in the mood, it won't do him any good no matter what he does, whether it is set-up goals or score them.

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Martin needs to keep his fucking mouth shut...plenty of players being left out Richards/Zab even Ireland FFS but they don't go mouthing to the press about it...he will get his chance as will everyone

Just like the one above, another clueless and ill-thought-out comment, Richards and Ireland have been shocking this year and not deserved to be playing in the team, Zabaleta DID say that if it continued that Micah was selected before him all the time, then come January he may have to assess his options, next game Zab was in the team (and rightly so), Petrov played against Arsenal and came on with the scores at 1-1, we then scored 3 goals with him on the pitch, taking the eye of their RB, who SUDDENLY had a winger to mark and this stretched the Arsenal defence to devastating effect, this I would put down to the fact that Petrov being on the pitch occupied Sagna more than him being in the dugout did.

Against the scum, he came on, and set-up (in his 5 min cameo role) Bellamy to equalise and score his 2nd goal of the game, by releasing him after a stray pass by their player allowed the chance, we had other chances that neither Barry, Ireland or SWP were bright enough or talented enough to spot and play on option all game, and yet first chance Martin got, away went Bellars and we know the rest, then against W Ham he turned in a MoTM display with an assist, goal and chance to score a few more and also assist in a few more, he tore them to shreds, next game he is back warming a bench, because a "buddy buddy" is back and Hughes doesn't have the balls to get him to fight for his place or drop the useless (this season anyhow) SWP.

I can see how Petrov should be THRILLED he is dropped for the game after he performed like he did at W Ham, I wonder if Adebayor will be dropped if he scores an hat-trick next week?, or Ireland dropped if he suddenly plays like he did most of the last season?, or even Bellamy if he scores and torments his marker?....NO THOUGHT Not, but Petrov should keep quiet when it happens to him, and just accept it.

Hughes also says that Robinho has to fight for his place when he gets back because Bellamy has played so well......not a bad idea, but why didn't Adebayor have to fight for his place back?, yes he played well when he played, but he did something stupid that put the club in a difficult position and left thread-bare in attack whilst he was still "fit to play", and yet walks straight back into the side, I wonder if the same will happen with Robinho?.....my guess is No, but I already know Hughes has is favourites, and as I mentioned often enough last season, judgement day cannot come soon enough for me, because more strange decisions and choices like this, will get the result that I WANT, and DUD/YOU and a handful of others are dreading.....a new boss!

marvin wrote:He should do his talking on the pitch. He got a full game against West Ham where he did very well, and has been on the bench so he doesn't have too much to complain about

With Robinho nearing a return, perhaps a move in January would be best for all concerned. Good player, but not good enough to warrant a starting place for a club with Champions League ambitions especially away from home.

He has done his talking on the pitch every time he has played or do you not watch City that often to know that he has only had 2 appearances where he hasn't scored in, since the Blackburn game?, he also has more assists than Ireland and SWP TOGETHER and has played less minutes that Joleon Lescott to do so.....he IS good enough and playing GOOD enough to warrant a starting place for our club though, we may have Champions League ambitions, but we are not yet in that competiton, also Petrov has played over 70 time for his International side, which is of an higher standard than any Champions League game (International football is higher up the "class ladder" than any club football is and ever will be) is lost on you as well then?

Dingus McDouchey wrote:"must do his talking on the pitch"..."must let his feet do the talking" BOLLOX!
petrov must stay. he will be more important to us next season when we will rotate more due to european commitments.

I am glad that somebody watches the matches and not just their favourites.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Crossie wrote:He should keep quiet. We all know no one likes not playing, but you dont hear things like that coming from Garrido, Sylvinho, NDJ at start of season, basically no one else has moaned, everyone knows the situation.

Petrov did well when he came in, but he isnt the best player in the squad, he still doesnt work hard enough.

Shut up Petrov, keep your head down otherwise youll end up on Hughes list and be out before you know it.

What a load of rubbish, Garrido, Sylvinho and NDJ haven't done the devastation to opposing defences that he has done, so why should they be in the side playing?, fact is that Petrov SHOULD have been in against Villa, as it is the principal of the thing, next time he is recalled for a game because Hughes is up the shit with no players to choose from, if I was Martin, I wouldn't even bother trying if I wasn't in the mood, it won't do him any good no matter what he does, whether it is set-up goals or score them.

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Martin needs to keep his fucking mouth shut...plenty of players being left out Richards/Zab even Ireland FFS but they don't go mouthing to the press about it...he will get his chance as will everyone

Just like the one above, another clueless and ill-thought-out comment, Richards and Ireland have been shocking this year and not deserved to be playing in the team, Zabaleta DID say that if it continued that Micah was selected before him all the time, then come January he may have to assess his options, next game Zab was in the team (and rightly so), Petrov played against Arsenal and came on with the scores at 1-1, we then scored 3 goals with him on the pitch, taking the eye of their RB, who SUDDENLY had a winger to mark and this stretched the Arsenal defence to devastating effect, this I would put down to the fact that Petrov being on the pitch occupied Sagna more than him being in the dugout did.

Against the scum, he came on, and set-up (in his 5 min cameo role) Bellamy to equalise and score his 2nd goal of the game, by releasing him after a stray pass by their player allowed the chance, we had other chances that neither Barry, Ireland or SWP were bright enough or talented enough to spot and play on option all game, and yet first chance Martin got, away went Bellars and we know the rest, then against W Ham he turned in a MoTM display with an assist, goal and chance to score a few more and also assist in a few more, he tore them to shreds, next game he is back warming a bench, because a "buddy buddy" is back and Hughes doesn't have the balls to get him to fight for his place or drop the useless (this season anyhow) SWP.

I can see how Petrov should be THRILLED he is dropped for the game after he performed like he did at W Ham, I wonder if Adebayor will be dropped if he scores an hat-trick next week?, or Ireland dropped if he suddenly plays like he did most of the last season?, or even Bellamy if he scores and torments his marker?....NO THOUGHT Not, but Petrov should keep quiet when it happens to him, and just accept it.

Hughes also says that Robinho has to fight for his place when he gets back because Bellamy has played so well......not a bad idea, but why didn't Adebayor have to fight for his place back?, yes he played well when he played, but he did something stupid that put the club in a difficult position and left thread-bare in attack whilst he was still "fit to play", and yet walks straight back into the side, I wonder if the same will happen with Robinho?.....my guess is No, but I already know Hughes has is favourites, and as I mentioned often enough last season, judgement day cannot come soon enough for me, because more strange decisions and choices like this, will get the result that I WANT, and DUD/YOU and a handful of others are dreading.....a new boss!

marvin wrote:He should do his talking on the pitch. He got a full game against West Ham where he did very well, and has been on the bench so he doesn't have too much to complain about

With Robinho nearing a return, perhaps a move in January would be best for all concerned. Good player, but not good enough to warrant a starting place for a club with Champions League ambitions especially away from home.

He has done his talking on the pitch every time he has played or do you not watch City that often to know that he has only had 2 appearances where he hasn't scored in, since the Blackburn game?, he also has more assists than Ireland and SWP TOGETHER and has played less minutes that Joleon Lescott to do so.....he IS good enough and playing GOOD enough to warrant a starting place for our club though, we may have Champions League ambitions, but we are not yet in that competiton, also Petrov has played over 70 time for his International side, which is of an higher standard than any Champions League game (International football is higher up the "class ladder" than any club football is and ever will be) is lost on you as well then?

Dingus McDouchey wrote:"must do his talking on the pitch"..."must let his feet do the talking" BOLLOX!

I am glad that somebody watches the matches and not just their favourites.

Was going to try & answer this but why bother?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Crossie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:04 pm

smirk
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Fair play to him. Not being involved on Monday was criminal.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Twobob » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think we should only judge him by what he does in the games and part games he plays.

The voice of wisdom - why do people believe this toss each time some lazy cunt journo threads a couple of comemts together with thier own interpretation.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Both SWP and Bellamy (although he did play well generally) didn't put in one decent cross on Monday. I'm sure if Petrov came on, Ade would've had a lot more chance of scoring. SWP had already taken a few knocks too, so why not move Bellamy tot he right and put Petrov on for SWP? Or even Petrov for for the disappointing Tevez and move SWP to a more central role? IMO both these options would've been better than bringing an obviously unfit RSC on. Even if he wasn't pooh and unfit, who the fucl was supposed to deliver the killer cross for RSC to score from?? Hindsight is a great thing though!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Whoever said NDJ didn't moan, he did...after his first start. Pretty much said the exact same thing as Petrov has now. The problem as I see it is the theory that "when you get your opportunity you need to take it" Well Petrov was brilliant versus West Ham and played the rules as set out by this new squad mentality but still can't get a game against Villa.

This could very easily turn out to be the same situation as Tevez had at the filth, but I cannot remember too many blues telling Tevez to shut the fuck up back then. I guess the difference is the player is a blue and should be vilified because of it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:12 pm

I was sayin about how pissed off he must have been, gettin a MOTM performance one week and being dropped the next. Still little sniffs of Hughes being iffy with formations and subs if you ask me. Was also baffled as to how SWP got a full run out when he simply wasnt in the game at all!! Tevez on right for SWP, Bellamy up with Ade and Petrov on the left and we could we have pushed for all 3 points. We looked the better side in the second and SWP was the obvious weak spot for us.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Twobob wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think we should only judge him by what he does in the games and part games he plays.

The voice of wisdom - why do people believe this toss each time some lazy cunt journo threads a couple of comemts together with thier own interpretation.

Yeah but forget the journo shit. Its still a bit baffleing and Petrov will surely be gettin abit pissed off and dont blame him! I expect him to be!! Cant slate a player for wantin to play.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Twobob wrote:

I think we're all going to have to develop thicker skins - be plenty more of this as the season goes on.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Twobob wrote:

I think we're all going to have to develop thicker skins - be plenty more of this as the season goes on.

Original Dub

Postby Steve » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:11 pm

He was put on the bench for a tough game away from home. We needed to take care of our defensive responsibilites first. In the 4 4 2, we needed both wingers to battle back and get stuck in. Shaun and Craig did exactly that. See if he's in contention for a first team place in the next couple of games before we start getting all upset. Im sure if our next game had been at home to Hull, then he wouldve been in the side, but with the squad we have its a little bit of horses for courses for us. Robinho was dropped away to pompey for similar sort of reasons. Thats what will happen with a big squad. If hed been stuck on the bench for 7 or 8 games in a row, i'd understand, but it was only one game, relax. I just hope for his sake, he hasn't put his foot in it. (like Elano).
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Twobob » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:53 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Twobob wrote:

Yeah but forget the journo shit. Its still a bit baffleing and Petrov will surely be gettin abit pissed off and dont blame him! I expect him to be!! Cant slate a player for wantin to play.

Id be more concerned if he said he was happy on the bench - aditionaly, although bellers put a good shift on the left hes much more affective in the middle
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 am

It was clearly right not to start him on Monday - he has demonstrated through his performances on the pitch over a period of time that he would have left a huge hole down that side and in a game where we generally were in charge and pushing for the win we could have been under the cosh throughout.

I rate him highly - but it is down to him that he has become a powerful impact player - what an excellent option to have!! Likely to be used when we need to turn a game around or make a breakthrough whilst on top.

So for me the last period of Monday's game was crying out for him - I would have brought him on for SWP at the same time as RSC came on and shuffled - I could envisage a Ade / Bellamy tap in after he has pulled everyone out of position - but heh I am a football fan and I was (on this occasion) watching from my armchair

In reality what I would have done is just want Hughes was going to do - and then we scored causing a re-think - that is what he is paid for.

I do not know what exactly went through Hughes's mind - maybe he thought that Petrov was needed with Villa defending, but with us scoring maybe they might push out more and decided to hold on - it is a decision to be made - he made it - it is his job.

So, well I feel for Martin - he could have had a few mins there - but it would not have changed his status as an impact player (and occasional starter) - that has been established by himself through his performances over a long period - premiership top 4 clubs cannot carry such luxuries - FFS you have people on here questioning Rob in that context.

I would like him to stay and strive for his opportunities and when he gets them take advantage (in an overall performance - including getting back / tackling - not just as an impact player) but unfortunately he is sounding like Elano and his mind is for a move. For me that is a shame - but it is a decision he seems to be making - no one else - lots of players in our squad will have to be content with a squad role - this could have been Bellamy but his all-round performances have secured him a start - whinging about it is not the way to deal with it.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:26 am

I can see why Hughes left him out for tactical reasons but if I had been Petrov, I too would have been screaming. I would consider that I had done more than enough to prove my effectiveness by scoring 1 and 1 assist.

I would be loathe to lose Petrov, he offers us speed out wide and crosses that Ade would just love to be fed with.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 am

john68 wrote:I can see why Hughes left him out for tactical reasons but if I had been Petrov, I too would have been screaming. I would consider that I had done more than enough to prove my effectiveness by scoring 1 and 1 assist.

I would be loathe to lose Petrov, he offers us speed out wide and crosses that Ade would just love to be fed with.

If we do lack something up front, then it is genuine pace. Petrov has this but I'd like to see another really quick forward player, maybe a central player, come into the club at some point to complement what we have already got.

Petrov must know he will play more at home than away. As long as he gives his all when he does play, which to his credit he has always done so far, he'll be alright. He does need to work on the defensive side of the game, though we have seen some evidence of improvement here of late.

I like him and I hope we keep him.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:31 am

I can understand him completely. I was very surprised to see RSC coming on instead of Petrov and Tevez coming off.

I would have actually played Petrov in the starting lineup because he was that good against West Ham, I don't know why SWP gets ahead of him at the moment to be honest.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby ant london » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:35 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:If we do lack something up front, then it is genuine pace. Petrov has this but I'd like to see another really quick forward player, maybe a central player, come into the club at some point to complement what we have already got.

mate is that a serious comment??

really quick central player? what on earth would you say that Bellamy is (can operate as) or Adebayor is......and that's before you talk about the wide lads??

just who would you sign....Usain Bolt???
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:40 am

SWP got put ahead of him as Cabbage man was in the stands and Hughes was good enough to let SWP show his stuff to try get in the England squad. If you haven't figured this out already then you should really start watching a different sport. It wasn't about Petrov performing better. Although it came at a cost it shows loyalty to players and that's what you need.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum