John Barnes surprisingly sacked

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

John Barnes surprisingly sacked

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am

I know it's nowt to do with City but I'm just wondering , when this bloke was first appointed manager at Tranmere, if any sane person in the fucking world thought he WOULDN'T be sacked before the end of the season?

Just to make sure, he appointed JASON MACATEER as his assistant. He's taking the fucking piss surely?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: John Barnes surprisingly sacked

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:04 am

Just heard; they've put the physio in charge. Fucking quality.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:09 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I know it's nowt to do with City but I'm just wondering , when this bloke was first appointed manager at Tranmere, if any sane person in the fucking world thought he WOULDN'T be sacked before the end of the season?

Just to make sure, he appointed JASON MACATEER as his assistant. He's taking the fucking piss surely?

They have been dire this season
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:17 am

It was an appalling decision to sack the old manager because he wasnt drawing the crowds in despite just missing out in the play offs.

They wanted a glamour name, They guy is a joke of a manager. It's almost impossible to be outside the top 2 in Scotland but he did that very convincingly. Althought ICT eventually became a SPL side, The game in which they beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup at Parkhead still is to this day one of the greatest cup upsets of all time. He should never have been allowed to manage a team again after that.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:19 am

Maybe they shold go for Hope Powell now...!!
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 am

ross.mcfc wrote:It was an appalling decision to sack the old manager because he wasnt drawing the crowds in despite just missing out in the play offs.

They wanted a glamour name, They guy is a joke of a manager. It's almost impossible to be outside the top 2 in Scotland but he did that very convincingly. Althought ICT eventually became a SPL side, The game in which they beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup at Parkhead still is to this day one of the greatest cup upsets of all time. He should never have been allowed to manage a team again after that.

There was a Scottish bloke in Oslo who I shared an appartment with for a few days who lost a finger in a bet with local gangsters on the strength of that game..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:42 am

ross.mcfc wrote:It was an appalling decision to sack the old manager because he wasnt drawing the crowds in despite just missing out in the play offs.

The best headline anywhere in the world followed that game:

''Super Cally were fantastic, Celtic were atrocious''
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:49 am

Fish111 wrote:

The best headline anywhere in the world followed that game:

''Super Cally were fantastic, Celtic were atrocious''

I think it was Super Cally Go Ballistic etc was it not? But yeah greatest ever headline.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 am

trigger and digger sacked to be replaced by the phsio?? abs hilarious!!! mcateer really should be a comedian, love the old story of him shouting at steve davis/jimmy white(not sure which) "alright steve, one hundered and eightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" while doing a darts impression!!! haha
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 am

Dubciteh wrote:trigger and digger sacked to be replaced by the phsio?? abs hilarious!!! mcateer really should be a comedian, love the old story of him shouting at steve davis/jimmy white(not sure which) "alright steve, one hundered and eightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" while doing a darts impression!!! haha

What I find even more amusing is that the pyshio is in charge and the reserve team manager is his assistant! The Pyshio must be a bit of an all rounder.
ross.mcfc

Postby Crossie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:53 am

Sister of fu wrote:Maybe they shold go for Hope Powell now...!!

pmsl!!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Just heard; they've put the physio in charge. Fucking quality.

Probably a better option
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Crossie wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Maybe they shold go for Hope Powell now...!!

pmsl!!

She surely must have more coaching badges than that physio......hahah
Last edited by Sister of fu on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby sky_blue_stew » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Makes you wonder how the physio got the job. Did they just have some kind of raffle for everyone who worked for the club? 1st prize a meal out with the players. 2nd prize a bottle of the local pub's house red. 3rd prize manage the club.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 pm

They should hold a Football Manager 2010 competition to find a long term replacement.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mark Garrett » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:28 pm

sky_blue_stew wrote:Makes you wonder how the physio got the job. Did they just have some kind of raffle for everyone who worked for the club? 1st prize a meal out with the players. 2nd prize a bottle of the local pub's house red. 3rd prize manage the club.

The physio has only been placed in temporary charge alongside the reserve team coach.

It was right for Tranmere that Barnes was removed while the Rovers still have a long time to sort themselves out, but the real person to blame is Peter Johnson, the owner, who got rid of a proven lower league manager in Ronnie Moore despite being a minute away from getting them into the play offs last season.

Good club Tranmere and they are only a few miles away from where i live, so would be good to see them get back to where they were in the 1990s when they should have got in the Premier League on several occasions with John Aldridge and Eric Nixon in the side
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Somerset Blue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 pm

So is the caretaker manager still the physio? If so, is he allowed onto the pitch if there's an injury, as it's outside the techical area?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Barnes is a truly shocking manager who actually believes he is hard done to as well. I do think Celtic should re-appoint him though, thought he did a great job there.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityGer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:16 am

Never forget one Barnes' first press conferences at sellick. He had just broke the Scotish transfer record for a defender on a Brazilian called Rafeal Sheidt. When asked how the name was pronounced............"Shite"...... and so he was, played three games and left on a free.

Barnes is totally clueless, this was inevitable and was a shocking call by the board.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:24 pm

At least he's got this to fall back on...

[youtube]XnUh5LlrPZ4[/youtube]
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum