Training Friday 9/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 9/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:56 am

Back today to watch the reserves and left behind 1st teamers. No Garrido today and still no Nedum but Benjani was working away 1 to 1 and to be fair looking a little closer to readiness to resume full training. Most notable for me was the missing coaches as Bowen , Niedzvieki and Hitchcock all had the day off! Lazy buggers taking a day off and leaving Hughes to do real hands on coaching with Glyn Hodges.

All the warm ups finished and it was down to 5 a side games and some pretty competitive stuff it was too. Stevie probably the most influential player on the field and some of the goals scored were down to his composure and skill to find angles and space for the killer passes. A number of players got crunched and left in pain. Gunnar Nielsen looked the worst as he collected a cross and seemed to be turned in mid air to land fully on his back. David Ball was scythed down by Silvniho. Stevie took a knock as did Vidal and a few others but the general reaction was " you'll be fine boyo" and the game carried on.

During this session RSC and Vinnie were not on the pitch all the time just rotating for each other and chatting with fitness guys.No issues I could see but just part of the planned session for them. I did note though that whenever the game stopped for a short break and they had a drink Stevie was still out there on the pitch waiting for the game to restart and they had to take drinks out to him. It seems he has to be doing something.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 9/10

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Can't wait for Benjani to come back!

Ireland needs to chill out a bit.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby viking the Odd » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Cheers Mr Doug,
Where is Mr Robinhio,or however you spell it, is he back in sunshine, or what's he up to ?.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 pm

john@staustell wrote:Can't wait for Benjani to come back!

Ha ha.. Honestly, what the fuck was it when Hughes said the other day something like "Unfortunately we're still missing the services of Benjani". Now that made me chuckle when I read that!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:07 pm

viking the Odd wrote:Cheers Mr Doug,
Where is Mr Robinhio,or however you spell it, is he back in sunshine, or what's he up to ?.

His rehab is going on indoors at the mo and starts ourtside next week.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 pm

john@staustell wrote:Can't wait for Benjani to come back!

Ireland needs to chill out a bit.

Superman needs no break!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Biamp » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

How did Johnson look??
And when should we expect Nedum to be back?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Biamp wrote:How did Johnson look??

Didn't get a chance to talk to anyone today.No sign of Nedum yet which is both a disappointment and a surprise.

Johnson is definitely looking trimmer but still way short of a prem start I would say.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark Garrett » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Biamp wrote:How did Johnson look??

Didn't get a chance to talk to anyone today.No sign of Nedum yet which is both a disappointment and a surprise.

Johnson is definitely looking trimmer but still way short of a prem start I would say.

The thing with Johnson and other players who have been injured for such a long period of time is that they will pick up niggles and other injuries when coming back to full fitness, so think we have to be patient with him. Same with Santa Cruz - doubt we'll see him anything near what he can before Christmas, just because he's had such a stop-start career in the last 12 months with injuries.

Look at Eduardo - he was out for a year with injury and then towards the back end of last season he was pulling his hamstring etc after such a serious injury the year before at B'ham
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Goataldo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Great stuff as per!

Strange innit, it seems Stevie is verging on being like OCD keen to train and play for City, but playing for Eire doesn't stir him at all, no matter who the manager is. And Given's in the papers talking of how proud he is to play for his country, I wonder what they say to each other about it. I suppose their loss is our gain on that front.

Rambling aside, it's also very good to see Benjani is getting near fit. No offence to the lad but we're not gonna be able to sell him if he's perma-crocked.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby play like we dream » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:09 pm

How do they plan for these international lay offs? How is morale?
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby edge275 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:20 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Great stuff as per!

Strange innit, it seems Stevie is verging on being like OCD keen to train and play for City, but playing for Eire doesn't stir him at all, no matter who the manager is. And Given's in the papers talking of how proud he is to play for his country, I wonder what they say to each other about it. I suppose their loss is our gain on that front.

Rambling aside, it's also very good to see Benjani is getting near fit. No offence to the lad but we're not gonna be able to sell him if he's perma-crocked.

I've been thinking about something similar regarding Benjani. We're now offering insane wages that it's going to be difficult to sell players if we ever felt the need to. Take Adebayor who I believe is on 160k a week, not that we would ever want to sell him right now, but lets say all of a sudden he went shite, he had an injury and never recovered to be the player he was, and started causing turmoil in the dressing room, how on earth could we sell him to someone say like spurs when he's on 160k a week?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm

edge275 wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Great stuff as per!

I've been thinking about something similar regarding Benjani. We're now offering insane wages that it's going to be difficult to sell players if we ever felt the need to. Take Adebayor who I believe is on 160k a week, not that we would ever want to sell him right now, but lets say all of a sudden he went shite, he had an injury and never recovered to be the player he was, and started causing turmoil in the dressing room, how on earth could we sell him to someone say like spurs when he's on 160k a week?

We couldn't & probably wouldn't sell quality players to a PL side but presumably if we sold him to for instance Milan, we'd have to cut the transfer fee down substantially so that they could spend that on his wages, or give him a payoff equivalent to it. Don't think the Sheikh will give a shit either way though tbh. Probably spends more than that on bog rolls for his palaces.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 pm

If anyone gets a touch of the prima donnas they might find themselves getting loaned out to the Sheikh's Middle Eastern team until the end of their contract..
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum