Richards u21's

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Richards u21's

Postby Blue2 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Re: Richards u21's

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 pm

Watched most of it on the FA website. I just can't put my finger on it but Micah doesn't look quite right even when he's doing ok like tonight. It doesn't deserve the kind of vitriolic shit he gets on here but something's missing. It's not as simple as people suggest when they're picking holes in him but there's little bits of his game & his movement etc, if he's to progress it needs sorting. If whatever it is could be solved there's a top player in there waiting to come out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Watched most of it on the FA website. I just can't put my finger on it but Micah doesn't look quite right even when he's doing ok like tonight. It doesn't deserve the kind of vitriolic shit he gets on here but something's missing. It's not as simple as people suggest when they're picking holes in him but there's little bits of his game & his movement etc, if he's to progress it needs sorting. If whatever it is could be solved there's a top player in there waiting to come out.

Personally I think he just looks awkard with the ball at his feet, always seems to be leaning over it and looks like he could fall at any second. I'm never excited when he overlaps and gets it as I just assume it will fall to bits. I don't know whats gone wrong, but 2 yrs ago he looked like a 10 yr England CB in the making.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby wesmancity » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:31 pm

yeah i have the same diallema (sp) with Richards, just completley lost all his promis as being a top international footballer. Real shame, we should of snapped the hands off the bids we was supposed to had recived for him a few years ago.
wesmancity
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: ATM Bellemy

Postby Stevie irelands lost wig » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:44 pm

wesmancity wrote:yeah i have the same diallema (sp) with Richards, just completley lost all his promis as being a top international footballer. Real shame, we should of snapped the hands off the bids we was supposed to had recived for him a few years ago.

Hmmm i'm not too sure mate. I think with Zabableta stealing his place when he was having - i think - a good start to the season could make him determined and scoring in an international is a sign that he has a good attitude! I'd love to have Richards for the future!
Stevie irelands lost wig
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Stevie irelands lost wig wrote:
wesmancity wrote:yeah i have the same diallema (sp) with Richards, just completley lost all his promis as being a top international footballer. Real shame, we should of snapped the hands off the bids we was supposed to had recived for him a few years ago.

Hmmm i'm not too sure mate. I think with Zabableta stealing his place when he was having - i think - a good start to the season could make him determined and scoring in an international is a sign that he has a good attitude! I'd love to have Richards for the future!

If he wants it badly enough, he should be able to become a really hard to beat stopper centre half but he needs to learn about the game, get mean & get a bit of the John Terrys about him. Then he should be good enough to play the ball simply & even occasionally make a forward run; like Terry does. He's young enough to learn it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crossie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:49 pm

I wonder if he is actually not quick thinking enough, and not clever enough to make it big time.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:53 pm

this kid is 21 years old and people our making out as if he should be some world star.
the fact is he was outstanding when he came through the ranks in a poor team and really stood out as an exceptional talent.
some of my mates reckon , and maybe rightly so , that he has not progressed at all in the last 2-3 years but he is 21 YEARS OLD!.
we need to keep micah and work with him. maybe he has built himself up to much but the lad could easily be a city great. maybe a loan out? maybe he fights for his place but i would be very disapointed if we sold him.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 am

9secondlegend wrote:this kid is 21 years old and people our making out as if he should be some world star.
the fact is he was outstanding when he came through the ranks in a poor team and really stood out as an exceptional talent.
some of my mates reckon , and maybe rightly so , that he has not progressed at all in the last 2-3 years but he is 21 YEARS OLD!.
we need to keep micah and work with him. maybe he has built himself up to much but the lad could easily be a city great. maybe a loan out? maybe he fights for his place but i would be very disapointed if we sold him.

I suggested a loan last year and was taken to pieces by some of the regular morons on here. They seemed to think that being a England International granted him immunity from such an indignity, I say bollocks - he needs to go somewhere and play regularly at a decent standard, maybe even abroad to teach him more about the type of game he will be needing to play in the future.

As we are now though, we would need another right back in the squad as cover before we could allow him to go.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 am

johnpb78 wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:this kid is 21 years old and people our making out as if he should be some world star.

I suggested a loan last year and was taken to pieces by some of the regular morons on here. They seemed to think that being a England International granted him immunity from such an indignity, I say bollocks - he needs to go somewhere and play regularly at a decent standard, maybe even abroad to teach him more about the type of game he will be needing to play in the future.

As we are now though, we would need another right back in the squad as cover before we could allow him to go.

i would definitly go for a loanmaybe wigan/stoke/wolves or even championship etc just so it gives him an idea that how lucky he is to be at city and maybe he would get a different point of view on how he is playing and training?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:16 am

Richards is an athlete that's trying to become a footballer

contrast with

Ireland who is a footballer that's doing all he can to be an athlete.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Hughesthedaddy wrote:Richards is an athlete that's trying to become a footballer

contrast with

Ireland who is a footballer that's doing all he can to be an athlete.

The irony is is that it's Richards athleticism last season & Ireland's touch this season that's been their biggest weakness.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum