Will This Ever Happen...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Will This Ever Happen...

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
City1970 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Every team should play in their own country / continent.

I wish. Then we wouldnt have to put up with Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham!!!.

What would happen to Berwick though, as the town is in England, but plays in the Scottish Leagues?

And (Ithink this is still the case) English clubs can enter the Welsh cup.

If you register for the Welsh Cup you cannot enter the FA Cup.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Not a chance. I keep hearing about their amazing fans and how they should be in over teams like Wigan and Bolton. Is that the same group of amazing fans that rampaged through our city and threw bricks at a 3 yr old chld. No thanks.

So many great old English clubs I would take over either of the Glasgow teams like forest, Sheffield wed, Preston. Let them rot in the Spl.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:16 pm

No ta.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:23 pm

They are Scottish clubs. This is an English League. Forget about Swansea etc they are red herrings.
Next Benfica and Porto will be wanting to play in Spain. Or Ajax in Germany.
It's just wrong and everybody knows it deep down.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:04 pm

I dont want their grubby little tin pot army anywhere near Manchester since they have no respect. Rebuild Hadrian's wall he had the right idea.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:13 pm

I thought the Jocks hated the English? fook um. As said in this thread, we dont need them. I really do think they would struggle big time for the first few years in English football, but with their great support combined with the huge amounts of money they would receive each season from playin Prem football, Im sure they would become very good sides. Defo a hell of alot better than they are now..

Pity it wont ever happen though, ey ..hehe
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:26 pm

I don't like mixing sports and politics, but striving for more sovereignty and having there own parliament, and don't see what they have to do in English football.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Sure all this makes sense as in; we don't want them because it'll kick off badly & not just because of them. Imagine large groups of them turning up with that behaviour on a regular basis? People would hate them more than the rags everywhere & they'd have the worst firms of nutcases known to man probably joining together to kick the shit out of them. It would be murder.

We're missing the point here though. If they think they're leaving the SPL does anyone honestly think the rags scousers & cockneys are going to risk their domination by welcoming in those 2 when they've already got City & Spuds to worry about? Are Everton & Villa going to wave them in to finish above them? Not a chance in hell.

If these guys think they're leaving the SPL then it's not for the EPL, it's for some kind of European league or something & it must've been discussed. The question is; does it involve PL, La Liga, etc sides or is it something else for all the best teams from the middling countries of Europe to be involved in? Something is afoot & the stories of them joining the EPL are just a smokescreen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue in the face » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:31 pm

I dont know why you all care so much about something thats not going to happen in a hundred years. They will never get into the prem. The only way out of the SPL is to start a new league like the one talked about a few years ago with the better teams from the Scandinavian countries.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby edge275 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:36 pm

I don't want it to happen for a few reasons.

Firstly Celtic and Rangers backed with the PL money and their fanbase and history would be serious competitors within a few years. They could draw some top players with their funds.

Secondly I feel it is too out of reach. Newcastle/Sunderland was/is is bad enough but imagine being a Portsmouth supporter and travelling all the way to Glasgow?

Thirdly who would they replace and what right would they have to do so?

A big no from the edge man.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:41 pm

edge275 wrote:I don't want it to happen for a few reasons.

Firstly Celtic and Rangers backed with the PL money and their fanbase and history would be serious competitors within a few years. They could draw some top players with their funds.

Secondly I feel it is too out of reach. Newcastle/Sunderland was/is is bad enough but imagine being a Portsmouth supporter and travelling all the way to Glasgow?

Portsmouth will be in the Championship, so that's no real issue ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby wesmancity » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 pm

The way Celtic trashed our away end at the start of the season and flung a brick at that young kid, they don’t deserve to be in our league. Let them rot in that league...scum at the highest order.
wesmancity
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: ATM Bellemy

Postby Vhero » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Ya know you hear about them 2 teams but they are the equivalent of the top 4 in Scotland except they have 2 instead of 4 obviously. It's like saying the top 4 teams over here go play in Spain its just stupid. Wouldn't want them over here again though they do nothing but destroy stadiums. Eventually somebody will break them out like with England the top 4 are looking more vulnerable every year it will happen it will just take time.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:12 pm

edge275 wrote:I don't want it to happen for a few reasons.

Their, eh, massive travelling support wouldn't be disheartened by barriers like that.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 pm

In that post though it also mentioned having "Two divisions of 18 teams" FUCK THAT!!!

It would turn the English league upside down and ruin football altogether. I dont want them filty twats anywhere near our EPL!!!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blackadder2 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm all for it. Here in Blackpool we have to put up with hordes of Jocks every weekend. I don't see why the rest of you should have to miss out.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.
Blackadder2
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Uwe

Postby blue 68 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Isn't the buzz word in Scotland - Independence, seems I only have to switch the box on to here their message being implied louder and louder, especially in recent weeks.
It'll die down again I hope as will this Celtic/Rangers nonsence, complete contradiction in terms, hypocrites.
Can't live with them can't live without 'em springs to mind.

It's no from me on many fronts but mainly because I'm too old to get excited about watching England's old firms fighting the Scots up and down the boozers of UK.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Haz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:30 pm

The jocks hate the English. So why do they want to join our league so badly?

.....Money.

Forget traditions, forget history, forget borders, forget even the rules of the game. Money talks. If this is what football is becoming, it saddens me.

We don't want them here, other Scottish clubs don't want them to leave the SPL, UEFA/FIFA won't sanction it, so apart from the Old Firm, who actually wants this to happen?
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:56 am

I've heard they were all addicted to heroin and steal stuff to pay for their habit. Just like in that movie....Braveheart.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum