Will This Ever Happen...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Will This Ever Happen...

Postby john68 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:49 am

Do we really want to...
Have them pissing in our streets?
Shitting in our doorways?
Making our City Centre stink?
Falling over in pissed?
Sleeping the booze off in our gutters?

If yes. Let 'em in.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Fish111 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:56 am

The Glasgow clubs need the English prem, the English doesn't need them two in the slightest.

Funny how the 'hoops' who have a tradition of hating everything British, and especially English, are now virtually begging to be let into our league.

Fuck-em both, don't need em, don't want em.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Crazy_Cabbie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:26 am

Fish111 wrote:The Glasgow clubs need the English prem, the English doesn't need them two in the slightest.

Funny how the 'hoops' who have a tradition of hating everything British, and especially English, are now virtually begging to be let into our league.

Fuck-em both, don't need em, don't want em.

Good point
Crazy_Cabbie
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue2 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:38 am

No No No , don't want them, don't need them It will also make the Scottish game even worse than it is now.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 am

No.

Besides all the things mentioned, it'd be very wrong in so many levels. Who'd make way? No way should they start in Premier League as neither of the teams have playing squad anywhere near good enough level for English top flight. And why should likes of Hearts and Hibs stay there then? Should they be able to join 1st div? And would some teams in 2nd division, who have earned their place in league ladder have to be relegated?

Ridiculous suggestion motivated by money and money only. No one in England wants them so why should they bend over for the needs of Glasgow clubs?

Here's a better suggestion, why not spread all the income in Scottish league more equally and get other sides more competitive? Everyone would be happy.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:14 am

They can stick it up their 'Hoops'!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CityGer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:No.

Besides all the things mentioned, it'd be very wrong in so many levels. Who'd make way? No way should they start in Premier League as neither of the teams have playing squad anywhere near good enough level for English top flight. And why should likes of Hearts and Hibs stay there then? Should they be able to join 1st div? And would some teams in 2nd division, who have earned their place in league ladder have to be relegated?

Ridiculous suggestion motivated by money and money only. No one in England wants them so why should they bend over for the needs of Glasgow clubs?

Here's a better suggestion, why not spread all the income in Scottish league more equally and get other sides more competitive? Everyone would be happy.

It is shared evenly. The TV money is split between all clubs. Add to that the fact that the lesser team's generate around 40% of their revenue from the games with the old firm. Kilmarnock for example, average around 4/4.5 k for home games, Rangers take 5k there. The smaller clubs in Scotland gain significantly from the old firm which is why none of them want the old firm to leave. The problem isn't the split in money, it's the amount. The bottom team in the Prem get's more than is shared by all SPL clus, that's the issue. And the fact that the lesser team's attendances have been dwindling for year and have hit rock bottom.

As for the initil question. Neither club will be playing in Scotland in 10 years. It might not be the Prem but something will happen. I personally hope they don't end up in the prem.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:40 am

Let 'em in - they'd both be relegated pretty quickly IMO.

The grass on our side of the fence won't be so green then will it.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:43 am

Do we want two more Newcastle's?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby walshawblue » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:05 am

IF we let them in then for two weekend when we play them Manchester will be full of pissed up old firm fans pissing in the street do we really need them that much.Also what will happen to the other scottish teams as without the old firm they will all go bust and then there will be no teams left in Scotland .leave them where they are I say we dont need them.
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:15 am

Jesus Christ shudder the thought of pissed up jocks wrecking English town centres every weekend.

No thanks the EUFA cup final was enough if you don’t mind
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:25 am

No thanks.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:25 am

Every team should play in their own country / continent.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:31 am

Maybe if they start in the conference
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Every team should play in their own country / continent.

last i checked Scotland was on the same island as England, so i think that checks the "continent" box.

i honestly think the whole situation is NOT that different than the English game in that seemingly only a few teams can win the league (the old firm), and smaller clubs struggle because they can't make the investments to reap rewards like the bigger clubs.

Somehow the SPL needs to attract just maybe 2 rich buyers to get teams like Hearts and Hibs or whomever in the ascendency so that it's a more competitive league. That's what's happening in the Prem, and what will help these teams as well. More competition, better league, more money.

Moving them to the Premiership or even the Championship seems silly. I don't believe either club is serious quality to do more than a Fulham (upside) or a Bolton (downside) would do in the Prem. Like Slim said it's two more Newcastles. Yawn.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:20 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

last i checked Scotland was on the same island as England, so i think that checks the "continent" box.

i honestly think the whole situation is NOT that different than the English game in that seemingly only a few teams can win the league (the old firm), and smaller clubs struggle because they can't make the investments to reap rewards like the bigger clubs.

Somehow the SPL needs to attract just maybe 2 rich buyers to get teams like Hearts and Hibs or whomever in the ascendency so that it's a more competitive league. That's what's happening in the Prem, and what will help these teams as well. More competition, better league, more money.

Moving them to the Premiership or even the Championship seems silly. I don't believe either club is serious quality to do more than a Fulham (upside) or a Bolton (downside) would do in the Prem. Like Slim said it's two more Newcastles. Yawn.

Umm, the continent is Europe....by that theory we should combine our league with the french and germans?

There is not enough money in Scottish football to make a significant investment in either Edinburgh club worth their while, the best they could hope for would be champions league money and that alone would require too much in terms of players and infrastructure for it to make a return.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:34 pm

I think the continent thing has been misread here lads.

I assume Blue 2 mentioned the continent aspect as he was referring to Europa, Champs Leagues etc. We all know that Scotland is on the same island, and is in the same continent as England.

Everyone just relax.

I would like to get the opinions of some intelligent Celtic/Rangers fans on this. Of the majority of people I know, and it would seem that it's also reflected on this site, is that fans of English teams don't want the 'Old Firm' in our leagues.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby City1970 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 pm

I wish. Then we wouldnt have to put up with Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham!!!.

What would happen to Berwick though, as the town is in England, but plays in the Scottish Leagues?
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby razor400 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:47 pm

No they can fuck right off, the fucking jocks hate us unless they want something from us like paying for their methadone.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:58 pm

City1970 wrote:

I wish. Then we wouldnt have to put up with Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham!!!.

What would happen to Berwick though, as the town is in England, but plays in the Scottish Leagues?

And (Ithink this is still the case) English clubs can enter the Welsh cup.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum