Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:42 am

CITY BOLLOX
Manchester City are prepared to pay up to £65m to sign France winger Franck Ribery from Bayern Munich in January. The Sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... y-bid.html

City are also tracking Atletico Mineiro'a £7m striker Diego Tardelli. Daily Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 84441.html

Meanwhile the other papers are still thinking up easy targets to link Manchester City to in January

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United look set to step up their interest in Russia goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev, with CSKA Moscow indicating they are prepared to let United speak to the £10m-rater stopper in the January transfer window.Daily Mirror

United have revived their attempt to sign Valencia's £35m-rated striker David Villa. Daily Mail

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola faces a battle with Napoli to sign Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni.Daily Mirror

Blackburn midfielder David Dunn is being offered a lucrative move to Dubai club Al-Nasr when his contract at Ewood Park expires in the summer, although the 29-year-old's early-season form has also alerted several European clubs. Daily Mail

Wolves striker Sylvain Ebanks-Blake is being tracked by Serie A side Palermo but the Premier League club insist he is going nowhere having signed a new four-year contract in July. (Daily Mirror)

Non-league Woking are lining up an ambitious move for former Chelsea and Leeds United striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.Daily Mirror

OTHER GOSSIP
England coach Fabio Capello intends to start the 2010 World Cup in South Africa with David James as his first-choice goalkeeper.The Times

The Football Association has indicated it is willing to provide a £5.5m bonus pot if England win the World Cup and, with it being split on a pro-rata basis depending on number of games played, Capello's top stars could each earn around £400,000. The Sun

England midfielder Steven Gerrard has prepared for his country's World Cup qualifier in Ukraine by studying a DVD of his disappointing performance for Liverpool against Chelsea last Sunday. The Sun

Portsmouth's new director of football Avram Grant will take a place in the dugout alongside manager Paul Hart during matches. The Sun

John Barnes was sacked as Tranmere manager after chairman Peter Johnson had a change of heart: Johnson met Barnes on Thursday and told him he would be carrying on, only to dispense of the former England midfielder's services after being besieged by angry supporters at a fans' forum that evening. Daily Mail

Leeds City Council has demanded that Leeds United reveal who the club's ultimate owners are before the council proceeds with the £6m purchase of the Thorp Arch training ground.The Guardian

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... santarelli

AND FINALLY
England defender Rio Ferdinand says there will be no "distractions" for his side at the 2010 World Cup, insisting manager Fabio Capello will not allow the squad to be thrown off course by WAGs, injudicious predictions of victory or debates over broken metatarsals and players carrying injuries. Daily Telegraph

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo can be seen playing the guitar and singing for a new tongue-in-cheek television advert.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:47 am

£65M for Ribery is monsterous, he is incredibly talented, but come on.

[youtube]JREZ3uoa8YU[/youtube]

Walks through Juve defence like it isn't there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:37 am

I think it's bollox to be honest
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:47 am

What gave it away? The thread title?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:51 am

ooh your sharp ... heh heh
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 am

Elena Santarelli is one hot WAG
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby walshawblue » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:17 am

Slim wrote:£65M for Ribery is monsterous, he is incredibly talented, but come on.

[youtube]JREZ3uoa8YU[/youtube]

Walks through Juve defence like it isn't there.

But misses
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Another magnificent article from the Currant Bun. Where exactly is the story? I am under the firm belief that Ribery has already done a deal to go to Spain, and let's face it, do we actually need another mush like his?

Wouldn't surprise me if this was a fore-runner to some crap 'Man City Ruining Football' story in the next few days?

MANCHESTER CITY will go all out for Franck Ribery in January even if they must double the British transfer record.
City hold the record with the £32.5million they paid Real Madrid for Robinho.

But it could take up to £65m to get French winger Ribery from Bayern Munich - and City are ready to go for it.

Munich are desperate to keep Ribery.

If successful the move would take City's spending under Mark Hughes to £315m in 20 months.

Unsettled Ribery has criticised Bayern coach Louis van Gaal.

He said: "There is no feeling between us."
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby wesmancity » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Ribery looks like a load of bollocks if you ask me the artical dont stand much credit, no quotes or fuck all.
wesmancity
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: ATM Bellemy

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Slow news day.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum