This Weekends Internationals Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weekends Internationals Thread

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Im watching this one - looks a decent match already.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:Im watching this one - looks a decent match already.

There's a lot a stake, so plenty of fight and emotion. Both teams are decent as well, so it should be a good game.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:28 pm

carrick was totaliy none existent, johnson had another shocker, rooney forgets his shooting boots, lampard did he play?, green isnt an england keeper,
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:42 pm

mr_nool wrote:

There's a lot a stake, so plenty of fight and emotion. Both teams are decent as well, so it should be a good game.

It's been more entertaining than the England match already.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Dameerto wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

It's been more entertaining than the England match already.

The Danes have had the most dangerous chanses, but I hope we bag at least one in the second half.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Colin the King » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Glenn Whelan's just scored an absolute belter. 1-0 Ireland.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby CityGer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Ireland unlucky to be 1-1. Hope they do the biz tonight.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:39 pm

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

I FUCKING HATE DENMARK!

Well, now we will really struggle to even get to the play offs. Bugger!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:56 pm

let me rephrase that: LUCKY FUCKING ARROGANT THROAT DISEASE OF A LANGUAGE COCKY BASTARD DANES!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Colin the King » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:58 pm

How long's left Nooly? Hope you get a result.
Colin the King

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Colin the King wrote:How long's left Nooly? Hope you get a result.

It's all over. 1-0 to the Danes. Quite open game with chances in bpth direction. We had more posession, and two disallowed goals (probably justly so), but Denamrk created quite a few good chances as well. Ibrahimovich was on fire, but unfortunately the rest of the team were not able to capitalise on his ingenius passes. Overall a huge disapointment. I doubt we will make it to the play off now (unless Hingarary and Portugal draw), and seeing thet UEFA decided to seed the play offs (in the last minute, simply because Franse, Germany and Italy all were in danger of having to play a play off game), I wouldn't fancyour chances, even if we make it to play offs.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Colin the King » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:07 pm

mr_nool wrote:

It's all over. 1-0 to the Danes. Quite open game with chances in bpth direction. We had more posession, and two disallowed goals (probably justly so), but Denamrk created quite a few good chances as well. Ibrahimovich was on fire, but unfortunately the rest of the team were not able to capitalise on his ingenius passes. Overall a huge disapointment. I doubt we will make it to the play off now (unless Hingarary and Portugal draw), and seeing thet UEFA decided to seed the play offs (in the last minute, simply because Franse, Germany and Italy all were in danger of having to play a play off game), I wouldn't fancyour chances, even if we make it to play offs.

Funny how things turn out, I would've put my money on Portugal to win the group with Sweden coming second, just ahead of Denmark. It's probably that twat Queiroz who's messed things up for them.
Colin the King

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Colin the King wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Funny how things turn out, I would've put my money on Portugal to win the group with Sweden coming second, just ahead of Denmark. It's probably that twat Queiroz who's messed things up for them.

Before the qualification started I actually thought Sweden and Denmark woul make it through. Denmark has a good team, and we just always make it through the qualifications to fail miserably in the actual tournament. Portugal has a good team in the WC and EC, but usually fluff it away to Albania, Malta, etc.
But it was more or less immediately apparent that Sweden is in a "change of generations". Our old players are not on the evel they used to be, or have stopped playing (Ljungberg, etc.), and the young ones haven't reached a high enough level yet. This will be the first tournaments we miss since the WC -98 in France ... A bloody shame (maybe not for the neutral, since we rarely set the tournaments alight).
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Fucking Ferdinand, fucking Green, how the fuck do these players get into an England side? Losing to fucking Ukraine and the crap Shevchwanko says it all!

If Bazza, Lescott (?) and Shaun were playing, there wouldn't have been a problem....................RIGHT?!?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
sharkey wrote:bellers has just scored for wales! go on u mad little man!

Ha ha ha, seen that myself. You can just imagine NQDP in the crowd, jumping high in the air arms aloft shouting 'Oh Fuck'!!!

[urlnp=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8300465.stm]Finland v Wales[/urlnp]

haha

you wouldn't believe it mate but I nearly ended up in fight because of that goal! After initial shock, I decided to give him a good round of applause. Feller few rows above me started to have a go at me and told me to fuck off. I told him I do whatever I fucking well please. It's understatement to say that this drunken cunt wasn't exactly pleased to hear that and started to move towards me. Luckily I was with two mates who both stood up and this tool started to calculate his chances. He didn't turn up in second half.

On a hindsight may not have been the wisest thing to clap him after his rant after last game and the way he took the piss with his celebration but I thought he deserved the applause! Imagine me almost ending up in fight for Bellamy!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby xavi6 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:47 pm

St. Ledger you beauty!!!

Well worth stayin up til 5am for!

EDIT: Lol typical

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
sharkey wrote:bellers has just scored for wales! go on u mad little man!

Ha ha ha, seen that myself. You can just imagine NQDP in the crowd, jumping high in the air arms aloft shouting 'Oh Fuck'!!!

[urlnp=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8300465.stm]Finland v Wales[/urlnp]

haha

you wouldn't believe it mate but I nearly ended up in fight because of that goal! After initial shock, I decided to give him a good round of applause. Feller few rows above me started to have a go at me and told me to fuck off. I told him I do whatever I fucking well please. It's understatement to say that this drunken cunt wasn't exactly pleased to hear that and started to move towards me. Luckily I was with two mates who both stood up and this tool started to calculate his chances. He didn't turn up in second half.

On a hindsight may not have been the wisest thing to clap him after his rant after last game and the way he took the piss with his celebration but I thought he deserved the applause! Imagine me almost ending up in fight for Bellamy!

I'm proud of you Good Sir, keep up the good work. Once a Blue, always a Blue!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CityGer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:40 am

Svensational wrote:
CityGer wrote:Charlton
MK Dons
Rotherham
Shrewsbury
D & R

CITYGER!!!

Charlton, Rotherham & Shrewsbury all failed to win, luckily I didnt place that bet! I had 7 teams on my accumulator and Gillingham let me down, bastards!

I know mate, I had a shocker. Bring back the Premiership!!!
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

mr_nool wrote:

When exactly did this happen? I only found out about it in midweek, having previously assumed it was an unseeded draw.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Chinners » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:04 pm

International City round up
This weekend has seen plenty of City players feature for their respective countries, some did well and others, not so well. However, as it stands, there is no injury news yet:

Let's start with England's 1-0 defeat at the hands of Ukraine. No City players featured in this game after our regular starter - Gareth Barry complained of a stiff back and was rested by Capello. Wayne Bridge also featured on the bench with Barry but didn't feature. Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joe Hart were in the squad but didn't join the others on the bench. Joleon Lescott pulled out of the squad a week ago.

Carlos Tevez watched from the bench as Argentina sealed a late 2-1 win over Peru which has put them in good stead to finish in 4th. Diego Maradonna decided to rest his talismanic striker for their key clash with Uruguay in a couple of days. Pablo Zabaleta was flown home from Argentina earlier this week when the medical staff confirmed that he wouldn't be fit to play any part in their qualifiers

Kolo Toure, the new City skipper saw the Ivory Coast seal their place in the finals at the World Cup after drawing 1-1 with Malawi in front of their home crowd. The Africans continued their unbeaten run with an important goal from Didier Drogba.

Emmanuel Adebayor wasn't as lucky as his City team-mate as Togo slumped to a 3-0 defeat by the group favourites, Cameroon. His hopes of joining the elite at the World Cup finals look to be in tatters. He was subbed after 60 minutes but no news of an injury has come through yet.

Next to Craig Bellamy who scored in Wales' 2-1 defeat against Finland in Helsinki. The striker was the main attacking threat for Wales but he knows he won't be travelling to South Africa this summer.

2 City players featured for Bulgaria - Martin Petrov and Valeri Bojinov as they were left embarrassed after losing 1-4 in Cyprus. This result will bode well with the Irish though as it sees them guaranteed a least a play-off place. The Republic were denied a win over Italy as they levelled to make in 2-2 in the 90th minute. Shay Given made his 99th appearance.

Vladimir Weiss endured a disappointing game as he was booked for Slovakia. They slumped to a disappointing 0-2 defeat to Slovenia on their home turf. The group leaders could yet miss out on an automatic qualifying place should they lose in Poland - considering that Slovenia beat San Marino.

Micah Richards scored and captained the U21's in their emphatic win over Macedonia at the Ricoh Arena. They won 6-3 on Friday night.

http://man-city-issues.blogspot.com/200 ... nd-up.html
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum