This Weekends Internationals Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weekends Internationals Thread

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Lennon
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Could have been worse. They can always play with three at the back in attacks with Johnson as a part time right winger. (he offers sod all defensively anyway)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Rooney is out right now, but Johnson is hardly gonna sit back obviously. My concern is we have Heskey on his own up front and I don't think he is good enough with a friend, let alone...well alone.

Deflected shot 1-0 Ukraine.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:47 pm

It's all got a bit Pete Tong
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Slim wrote:14 minutes in and Robert Green gets sent off....what an awesome first choice keeper he is.

Iv read that it was all Wio fault and that he let a high ball bounce instead of heading it??? Did it leave Green with little choice or should he have let the guy score???
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Vhero » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Hard to say whos fault it was Green got sent off it shouldn't have happened though he was let down by that red twat. It shouldn't have happened.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:26 pm

He misjudged the flight of the ball going by the replays - he took the wrong line to deal with it and had to correct which meant the striker got inside him - Green came out to deal with it, but the striker sucked him into fouling.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Wio getting a grilling off most on the BBC text thingy....shame
Sister of fu

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Slim wrote:14 minutes in and Robert Green gets sent off....what an awesome first choice keeper he is.

Iv read that it was all Wio fault and that he let a high ball bounce instead of heading it??? Did it leave Green with little choice or should he have let the guy score???

Gee sis, you defend a keeper?

He came out to claim the ball and claimed the player instead. He doesn't and they shoot, he saves it, he doesn't...eh, either way, we have 11 men on the pitch and a real opportunity to get back into it, he essentially has ruined out attack for 76 minutes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Slim wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

He came out to claim the ball and claimed the player instead. He doesn't and they shoot, he saves it, he doesn't...eh, either way, we have 11 men on the pitch and a real opportunity to get back into it, he essentially has ruined out attack for 76 minutes.

Do you think he's a daft cunt?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Slim wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

He came out to claim the ball and claimed the player instead. He doesn't and they shoot, he saves it, he doesn't...eh, either way, we have 11 men on the pitch and a real opportunity to get back into it, he essentially has ruined out attack for 76 minutes.[/quote

Goalkeepers union my friend. We are taught early....lay the blame anywhere but your own door.....haha

Not really sure of rob green as englands no1???
Sister of fu

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Same, but the choices are limited.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Im still looking for investment for my time machine - Im going back to drive Shay's mum to England to give birth. Give generously.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:45 pm

Freekick in a promising spot here....hands over eyes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Slim wrote:Freekick in a promising spot here....hands over eyes.

Is it true you quote 98% of PBL's posts?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Dameerto wrote:Im still looking for investment for my time machine - Im going back to drive Shay's mum to England to give birth. Give generously.

I said this to my mate the other day that Shay would be England No1 if he was English he did not agree and said Jussi was better than him and several other keepers. Also said he wasn't world class, I told him he needed to take another look. Bloody Bolton fans ehh.
Sister of fu

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:55 pm

I dunno who that Ukranian is that keeps sticking those mouthwatering passes out to the wings and strikers but he is pretty much controlling their midfield.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Im still looking for investment for my time machine - Im going back to drive Shay's mum to England to give birth. Give generously.

I said this to my mate the other day that Shay would be England No1 if he was English he did not agree and said Jussi was better than him and several other keepers. Also said he wasn't world class, I told him he needed to take another look. Bloody Bolton fans ehh.

Yeah, shows what they know.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Bosnia in playoffs after a 2-0 win away to Estonia.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:19 pm

15 minutes in to Denmark-Sweden. Still 0-0, but with Sweden playing slightly better.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum