Argentina Scrape Win.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Argentina Scrape Win.

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:03 am

Argentina Scrape Win.

(Lucky B@stards) Peru scored with 18 seconds left to make it 1-1,Argentina then scored deep in to injury time to make it 2-1,then Peru hit the crossbar direct from the kick off, Argentina are a very poor side, and very lucky

Uruguay v Argentina on Wednesday night the winner qualifies automatically for the World Cup, Argentina lose it’s the play offs

OR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is still mathematically possible for them to lose on Wednesday and not even make the play offs, thats if Ecuador beat already qualified Chile and Argentina lose.

Who would have thought it possible that a side with players like Messi and Tevez might not make the World Cup finals ffs.

(Trevor Francis just predicted Uruguay 3—1 Argentina on Wednesday. )
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Re: Argentina Scrape Win.

Postby Steve » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:17 am

As much as it would be good to not have Argentina in the finals from and England perspective. I would not want the competition to be without arguably the best player in the world.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Colin the King » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 am

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:Argentina are a very poor side

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:A side with players like Messi and Tevez

Well which is it?

They're far from a poor side, arguably in the top five in the World. They just have a clueless manager.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby pears12 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am

they have good individual players but they are a poor team, lead by a clueless manager, can't believe they hired him after his stint with boca which ended in disaster.

I would love to see argentina not make it
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:37 am

Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

They're far from a poor side, arguably in the top five in the World. They just have a clueless manager.

Much like us then
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:48 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

Much like us then

Cheap cheap shot and way off the mark
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mistereeman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:07 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

Much like us then

Unbelievably stupid comparison,do you even think about what you write,or do you post crap like this off the cuff?
mistereeman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:07 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Colin the King wrote:They're far from a poor side, arguably in the top five in the World. They just have a clueless manager.

Much like us then

There's just no pleasing some people.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 am

I thought it was quite funny and got three bites. And he earnt the name Clueless from last season's dire performances.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:49 am

Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

What is your point?

Are you saying it is not possible to be a poor side and have decent players at the same time ? lmao

like i said they are a very poor side,because they are performing like a poor side a fair Assessment in my book,Just because they have great individual players doesn’t mean they are a good side, and I fully expect them to be beat on Wednesday.

I also see you blame the manager for all their shortcomings, however if you believe they are in the top 5 in the world, going off that statement alone I would have expected them to do much better with or without a decent manager.

Personally I disagree as regards top 5, they are a side with a few world class individual players, who play as individuals, defensively they are crap and as side they are very poor.

But let’s blame the manager.

Will be interesting to see if you blame Hughes if things ever go tits up or the 11 players on the pitch :-)
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:45 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

What is your point?

Are you saying it is not possible to be a poor side and have decent players at the same time ? lmao

like i said they are a very poor side,because they are performing like a poor side a fair Assessment in my book,Just because they have great individual players doesn’t mean they are a good side, and I fully expect them to be beat on Wednesday.

I also see you blame the manager for all their shortcomings, however if you believe they are in the top 5 in the world, going off that statement alone I would have expected them to do much better with or without a decent manager.

Personally I disagree as regards top 5, they are a side with a few world class individual players, who play as individuals, defensively they are crap and as side they are very poor.

Will be interesting to see if you blame Hughes if things ever go tits up or the 11 players on the pitch :-)

Argentina are weak defensively & probably couldn't win the World Cup because of it; that's true, however;
Maradona is the worst manager I've ever seen in all the years I've been watching football. John Barnes would be infinitely better than him. He has one of the best groups of attacking players in the world to pick from & finally succeeded last night in making the very best of them, ie Messi, look like someone who wouldn't get on our bench; he was useless AGAINST FUCKING PERU!!!

I've never seen anything like it, Maradona takes incompetence to a level rarely seen in games of organised football. Nobody has any idea what team he's going to put out on Wed or what formation it will play & he probably doesn't either. It's shameful.

Unless the players just take it upon themselves to fight their way through on Wed & Messi ignores that fat little twat & wins it for Argentina, Uraguay will beat them. Then it's down to whether Ecuador win in Chille, which isn't impossible as Chille have qualified. If that happens Argentina are out. Even if they get a play off place, under Maradona I'd give Andorra a decaent chance of beating them. The players somehow need to ignore him & do it themselves.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby edge275 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Can we get Maradona in as Hughes number two.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Colin the King » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:58 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

What is your point?

My point is that a better manager would have seen them qualified by now. They're not a poor side, yes they have a number of individually good players but they're also very capable of playing together effectively.

Defensively they have Zanetti, Samuel, Demichelis, Gabriel Milito, all top performers on the continent. In midfield, players like Cambiasso, Mascherano, Riquelme, Maxí Rodridguez, Aimar, Lucho Gonzales...incredibly talented. And up front needs no explanation. Tevez, Messi, Diego Milito, Higuain and Aguero. That's without even naming some of the exceptional squad players they have.

So if this group of remarkably talented players aren't performing well collectively, whose job is it to change that?
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Colin the King wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

What is your point?

My point is that a better manager would have seen them qualified by now. They're not a poor side, yes they have a number of individually good players but they're also very capable of playing together effectively.

Defensively they have Zanetti, Samuel, Demichelis, Gabriel Milito, all top performers on the continent. In midfield, players like Cambiasso, Mascherano, Riquelme, Maxí Rodridguez, Aimar, Lucho Gonzales...incredibly talented. And up front needs no explanation. Tevez, Messi, Diego Milito, Higuain and Aguero. That's without even naming some of the exceptional squad players they have.

So if this group of remarkably talented players aren't performing well collectively, whose job is it to change that?

Could not agree more if City had that lot we would walk the prem
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Colin the King wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

Well which is it?

What is your point?

Could not agree more if City had that lot we would walk the prem
Bit of a bold statement that “walk the Premiership”, they would probably end up nothing more than a mid table side, finding they don’t get the space or time on the ball they do in South America, England has been a graveyard for many Brazilians and Argentinians the Premiership is the hardest league in the world, to be a successful side in the Premiership you need plenty of glue to go with the wood.
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby blue 68 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:47 pm

I still detest that cheating little hispanic dwarf, hope he drops the ball.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ronk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:40 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:Could not agree more if City had that lot we would walk the prem
Bit of a bold statement that “walk the Premiership”, they would probably end up nothing more than a mid table side, finding they don’t get the space or time on the ball they do in South America, England has been a graveyard for many Brazilians and Argentinians the Premiership is the hardest league in the world, to be a successful side in the Premiership you need plenty of glue to go with the wood.[/quote]

+1

No way Mascherano, Tevez, Zabaleta would cut it in the prem. No match for mighty Wigan. The prem is the only physical league in the world.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:51 pm

ronk wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:Could not agree more if City had that lot we would walk the prem
Bit of a bold statement that “walk the Premiership”, they would probably end up nothing more than a mid table side, finding they don’t get the space or time on the ball they do in South America, England has been a graveyard for many Brazilians and Argentinians the Premiership is the hardest league in the world, to be a successful side in the Premiership you need plenty of glue to go with the wood.

+1

No way Mascherano, Tevez, Zabaleta would cut it in the prem. No match for mighty Wigan. The prem is the only physical league in the world.[/quote]I dont understand your point highlighting 3 players that have made the grade,(well 2 one only a squad player)

No match for might Wigan, sorry I don’t understand?

Do you want me to draw up a list of South Americans who have bombed out in the Premiership to draw comparisons with your 3 ?

What a stupid statistic to come up with to try and validate an argument ffs
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby ronk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:11 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:I understand part of your point highlighting 3 players that have made the grade,(well 2 one only a squad player)

Do you want me to draw up a list of South Americans who have bombed out in the Premiership to draw comparisons with your 3 ?

I pointed out 2 current Argentinian internationals plying their trade in the prem right now. None of whom are even slightly intimidated by the physical nature of the prem.

Wigan, in case you hadn't noticed, were a midtable side last season. They play a physical game and would be the kind of place a South American player mightn't like going to in February (for who would). You think the Argentinian national squad would finish around Wigan and you have the audacity to call be stupid.

I didn't use any statistics, do you even know what one is?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby edge275 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:29 pm

ronk wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:I understand part of your point highlighting 3 players that have made the grade,(well 2 one only a squad player)

I pointed out 2 current Argentinian internationals plying their trade in the prem right now. None of whom are even slightly intimidated by the physical nature of the prem.

Wigan, in case you hadn't noticed, were a midtable side last season. They play a physical game and would be the kind of place a South American player mightn't like going to in February (for who would). You think the Argentinian national squad would finish around Wigan and you have the audacity to call be stupid.

I didn't use any statistics, do you even know what one is?

Tevez, Mascherano, Zabaleta and Insua as well.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum