How many more games can we afford to lose

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How many more games can we afford to lose

Postby sky_blue_stew » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Strange thread. I would much rather think on the basis of how we perform against teams rather than statistics over win-draw-loss records. It is a results industry, and obviously Hughes in particular will carry the can if they don't go his way. But this is a horribly corporate way of looking at football. Say we lose all the games against the Sky 4. If we approach each of those games with performances like the derby from the other week, then I won't care that we lost them. It would be incredibly nlikely that we would lose in those circumstances, but possible. I'm, more interested in seeing us holding our own, playing consistently good football (and not succombing to the same collapses in form that have plagued Spurs, Everton and Villa when they have mounted top four challenges). If we manage this, then I'll be satisfied whether we break in or not, as in this situation it will inevitably be extremely close. But let's not dwell on numbers. Call me an old-fashioned romanitc, but I don't think football shouldn't be measured in quantitative terms.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum