Micah set to quit?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah set to quit?

Postby trueblue64 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:15 pm

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

Well I for one won't lose any sleep over this if true.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Micah set to quit?

Postby Blackadder2 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Lets face it, we're constantly going to have to put up with 'player demands move' headlines every time anyone is on the bench.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.
Blackadder2
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe

Postby kinkylola » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:28 pm

you might not lose any sleep over the possibility of him going to aston villa ... but I bet Dunne is having nightmares now! hahahah
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:49 pm

HE,S HAD SO MANY CHANCES TO GET BACK TO THE LEVEL HE ONCE GOT TO......... BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY HE HASNT MADE IT.

IM NOT THE LEAST BIT BOTHERED IF HE GOES.....HIS POSITIONAL SENSE AT THE DERBY THAT COST US THE GAME AND MADE ME DEVELOP SUICIDAL TENDENCIES WAS A FINE EXAMPLE OF WHY IM NOT BOTHERED IF/WHEN HUGHES GETS RID OF HIM.

NO TEARS FROM ME IM AFRAID.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:37 am

Where has it all gone wrong with Micah?

Could we have Sven back just to coach him? That season in the middle with Dunne was brilliant, since then he has been shit, exact opposite of Superman. Guess some managers get the best out of some and struggle with others.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby edge275 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:44 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:HE,S HAD SO MANY CHANCES TO GET BACK TO THE LEVEL HE ONCE GOT TO......... BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY HE HASNT MADE IT.

IM NOT THE LEAST BIT BOTHERED IF HE GOES.....HIS POSITIONAL SENSE AT THE DERBY THAT COST US THE GAME AND MADE ME DEVELOP SUICIDAL TENDENCIES WAS A FINE EXAMPLE OF WHY IM NOT BOTHERED IF/WHEN HUGHES GETS RID OF HIM.

I concur with this cunt. If Richards had a brain he'd be dangerous.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:49 am

edge275 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:HE,S HAD SO MANY CHANCES TO GET BACK TO THE LEVEL HE ONCE GOT TO......... BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY HE HASNT MADE IT.

Please tell me he's next on your list, this could liven things up a bit on a slow week.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby edge275 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:52 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Please tell me he's next on your list, this could liven things up a bit on a slow week.

I think he could be mate, I've started to take a liking to De Jong of late.

Richards though is really starting to grate my nutsack. Can't he just fucking think when he's on the pitch??

He's just all brawn and no brains. I mean christ, he has bigger muscles in his arse than he does the size of his brain.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Colin the King » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:38 am

Wait and see what happens if Micah leaves us in January.

Cruel City force out local lad

City continue Anti-British agenda

Potential star destroyed by moneybags City

and so on.

But we'll have to deal with it. As it stands, he's not good enough for where we want to go and the sentimentality has to go out the window. In any case, Nedum was always the better player of the two when they were coming through, he just got injured at a crucial time and Micah grabbed the opportunity. He just doesn't seem to have the mentality to keep growing and learning as a player. He had the physical qualities, in exceptional pace and strength, and needed to fine tune his positional sense and intelligence but it's not happened. He can have very good games from time to time (Arsenal the other week) but you need some degree of consistency and Micah, right now anyway, can't offer us that.

I'm cringing at the thought of Lahm though, he's an appalling defender.
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:45 am

Colin the King wrote:Wait and see what happens if Micah leaves us in January.

and so on.

But we'll have to deal with it. As it stands, he's not good enough for where we want to go and the sentimentality has to go out the window. In any case, Nedum was always the better player of the two when they were coming through, he just got injured at a crucial time and Micah grabbed the opportunity. He just doesn't seem to have the mentality to keep growing and learning as a player. He had the physical qualities, in exceptional pace and strength, and needed to fine tune his positional sense and intelligence but it's not happened. He can have very good games from time to time (Arsenal the other week) but you need some degree of consistency and Micah, right now anyway, can't offer us that.

Not 100% sold on Lahm either but he does check a lot of the boxes we know Hughes likes -- versatility at RB or LB, pace, and fills some holes that are sorely lacking at fullback for sure in terms of ball control and crossing skills. I can see Hughes coveting him for sure. Plus he probably has 4-5 wonder goals in him every season i'm sure. Those are fantastic to watch....if yr winning.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:10 am

I was really quite surprised that we did not buy a top RB in the summer - maybe one was not available at the level we seek - then I was utterly staggered when Micah was chosen ahead of Zab - For me, apart from the odd half game Micah has just confirmed his form of last season - which is nowhere near good enough for a challenging club - in fact it is worse than not good enough - he is a liability

It is must be a nightmare for other players like Toure when you cannot reply on your defensive partner to do even the basics = and also for SWP and the forwards who make runs etc only for them to see Micah unable to put a ball through - get down the wing or even put in an average cross.

I have watched Glen Johnson a few times thinking we should have gone for him - in fact at the time it was any one but Micah please - even his crossing is not good enough and is defensive work can be a bit suspect - but he is many many levels better than Micah - if he thinks the loss of his England position is down to anyone but himself then therein lies a lot of his problem
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:46 am

Colin the King wrote:Wait and see what happens if Micah leaves us in January.

and so on.

I just wish to say that I agree with everything there. Including your assesment of Lahm, who for some odd reason wants to play in left anyway.

There are two options for Micah right now. One, to deal with the fact that he is behind international, and in my opinion top quality, right back Zabaleta. Two, to look elsewhere. Despite Micah still being young, he simply hasn't developed the positional sense to play in central defence, so that's not an option. For right back he is simply too awkward with the ball and can't read the game well enough. I don't wish to slag him and if he starts concentrating on training his weaknesses he might become real star in the future but it has to be said that both sides will need to show patience for that to happen and I fear neither side will do that.

I'm also of belief that IF player wants to leave, then let him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityGer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:53 am

Hasn't got the discipline or positional sense to make the grade and has done nothing over the last two years to show that he can think on his feet, learn and improve. I think everyone on here would want him to be part of the side for years to come but he won't be. He should be a fixture in our and the international side by now but hasn't been intelligent or dedicated enought to improve on his early promise. I really wanted him to be given a chance this season and for him to establish himself, he was given it and bIew it. Doubt he'll be part of the squad next year. Shame.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Fish111 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 am

Micah, unfortunately, has been our weak link in the RB position for some time now culminating in him being responsible for the rags 4th goal. Zabaleta has proved he is a lot better RB than Micah and he will probably hold onto that position for ther rest of the campaign. I think Micah is jumping before he is pushed. How much do you think he's worth now? I'd be happy to get 9M for him.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby CityGer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:10 am

Fish111 wrote:Micah, unfortunately, has been our weak link in the RB position for some time now culminating in him being responsible for the rags 4th goal. Zabaleta has proved he is a lot better RB than Micah and he will probably hold onto that position for ther rest of the campaign. I think Micah is jumping before he is pushed. How much do you think he's worth now? I'd be happy to get 9M for him.

Sleeping for their first too.

Doubt we'll get £9Mil for him. He'll go for 5/6 imo.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 am

Lets face it, since he broke in to the international team Richards has gotten no better and hasn't progressed at all in the last 2 years - in fact he's gone backwards, whilst other players around him have arrived and raised the bar at City quite a bit.

He's no longer the big fish in the pond, unless you count the fact that he looks like's he's carrying a few pounds too many, and is instead now very much under pressure.

The correct but harder way to go for him would be to knuckle down and work like he's never worked before to get better and improve his game, be a professional on the training pitch and try to make himself a better player/defender to get himself back into the team. Or, he can take the easy route, listen to his agent and his hangers on telling him how good he is, moan to all and sundry and try to force a transfer.

Balls in your caught Micah, but rest assured, City will survive and still grow bigger and better whether you are on board or not.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:38 am

If its true then he can go.
If he wants to stay and fight for a place then thats a good thing and I'd welcome that.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 am

I bet Oldham are starting to wish that took our £5M offer to buy out the sell-on clause now!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:56 am

As most know by now i'm not Micahs biggest fan and I think we will be well rid...

As for Lahm...he was in the all star Euro 2008 team so make of that what you will
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Vhero » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 am

Woudn't be too bothered about him going. Shame he never turned out to be the player we all wanted and probably won't in the future either. I think fans had huge hopes for him and maybe the pressure was too much for the lad who knows? We do know though he can't even get in the England team over a piss poor Glen Johnson and that really says it all. That guys fucking dire and if you can't get in over him your definitely not going in the right direction. I said time and time again we need a new RB come January Zab alone won't be enough in case he gets injured (like now).
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum