Micah set to quit?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah set to quit?

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Micah isn't the finished article. But if he's making noise about wanting to leave then i believe he lacks the willpower to really go get something. He strikes me as someone who's natural ability has carried him this far and he struggles to find that extra something beyond his strength and pace to take his game to the next level.

Maybe a different coach could help him find out what motivates him. Clearly, missing out on England and first team football hasn't done it.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby trout man » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Its funny that on this site, throughout the 08/09 season, many of us were implying that Dunnes poor form was due to Richards poor positional play and Dunne trying to compensate and be in two places at the same time. This hypothesis has been proven in the last 12 months, though I am not trying to imply that was the only reason for Dunnes poor form. In reference to Richards poor form, I do believe it is a combination of too much too soon, cockyness and an itellectual deficiency to understand the complexity of defending required at the very highest level. He is a Blackburn player at best and if he moves from City he is not going to get snapped up by a top class club. The ultimate he could hope for would be Tottenham or Everton though I would believe that his current deficiencies as a defender will be hard to rectify though he may be lucky and get a coach with the time and expertise to make him a better player. I personnally dont think he is good enough.

In respect to the possibility of Philip Lahm, OMG yes.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Chad » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:57 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:As most know by now i'm not Micahs biggest fan and I think we will be well rid...

As for Lahm...he was in the all star Euro 2008 team so make of that what you will

Ryan Giggs was PFA player of the year last year.

Lahm is quality going forward, but pretty bad going the other way. Like a Germanic Glen Johnson.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Chad wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:As most know by now i'm not Micahs biggest fan and I think we will be well rid...

As for Lahm...he was in the all star Euro 2008 team so make of that what you will

Lahm is quality going forward, but pretty bad going the other way. Like a Germanic Glen Johnson.

i would have Johnson in a hearbeat right now tho, wouldn't you?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Chad » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Chad wrote:

i would have Johnson in a hearbeat right now tho, wouldn't you?

I wouldn't have him over Zaba at the minute I don't think. He really is poor defensively and although he would improve our attacking variation a bit, we have enough goal threat in positions higher up the field.
Last edited by Chad on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Very poor player and Im still baffled as to how he got ahead of Zabs in the starting XI. Im sure that we would have walked away from derby day with 1 or even 3 points had Zabs been on and not let a 36 year old Giggs run the show. How Owen was allowed all that space for the winning goal was just criminal!!

I can see Micah going to somewher like Everton at very best. If not, prob somewhere like Wigan or Bolton.

Remember a few years back when he was trying to soften up a move to Arsenal!!?? Dont think so ,mate.

I really like Zabs at right back and would be confident in him keepin a place. I think an defensive all rounder would be great to fill in where needed.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum