Ian McParland sacked by Notts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ian McParland sacked by Notts

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Sven's the bookies favourite to get the job, be interesting too see how he does with a club at that level if he does take the hot-seat.
Last edited by 10.Goater_Legend on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Ian McParland sacked by Notts

Postby Blueboylewis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:06 pm

The fans thought it was a long time coming. Did he deserve it though? People will have mixed opinions. As a manager there is so much pressure on you to do well and there was probebly a bit to much pressure being poured on this guy.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:16 pm

It wont be Sven - he is responsible for finding a replacement though. He's far more likely to manage Sweden than County in the near future.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby irblinx » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Hilarious, hardly the shock of the century. He was clearly constantly in a bad mood about the whole takeover, Sol Campbell's press conference was particularly funny. Do you think Tord fancies having a crack at management?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:32 pm

irblinx wrote:Hilarious, hardly the shock of the century. He was clearly constantly in a bad mood about the whole takeover, Sol Campbell's press conference was particularly funny. Do you think Tord fancies having a crack at management?

Thought that myself pal, he must of snaped at about five people that day for them asking perfectly normal questions.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:44 am

Feel for the supporters its all turning into a bit of a farce after such a good opening day result. Nobody is sure who owns them yet that could come back to haunt them. I'm convinced Sol left them without realising he couldn't sign for another club within 6 months. Idiot!

The latest rumour is that roberto mancini is been offered the job. Wasn't he suppose to be the greatest ever manager that would take City to world domination if he was given the chance?
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:14 pm

I have it on good authority that the new manager is the physio...
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Feel for the supporters its all turning into a bit of a farce after such a good opening day result. Nobody is sure who owns them yet that could come back to haunt them. I'm convinced Sol left them without realising he couldn't sign for another club within 6 months. Idiot!

The latest rumour is that roberto mancini is been offered the job. Wasn't he suppose to be the greatest ever manager that would take City to world domination if he was given the chance?

Nope,that was Scolari,Zico or Paul Le Guen.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:47 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Feel for the supporters its all turning into a bit of a farce after such a good opening day result. Nobody is sure who owns them yet that could come back to haunt them. I'm convinced Sol left them without realising he couldn't sign for another club within 6 months. Idiot!

He IS a great manager. Miles better than Hughes.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

one is unemployed, courted by a league 2 club.

one has his side in the top 4 of one of the best leagues in the world, and is backed to the hilt by owners who know exactly what they are doing.

who's who?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby shawzy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Was a good manager.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:14 pm

shawzy wrote:

Was a good manager.

Was? He is only 44.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Slim wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Was a good manager.

Was? He is only 44.

Age is irrelevant..Hes out of work so he WAS a good manager.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 am

The Man In Blue wrote:

one is unemployed, courted by a league 2 club.

one has his side in the top 4 of one of the best leagues in the world, and is backed to the hilt by owners who know exactly what they are doing.

who's who?

One has won alot, other has won nothing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:01 am

Latest rumour in Sweden is that Sven-Göran Eriksson will go on a loan from Notts as coach of the North Korean national team for the WC in South Africa.

Can't say I'd be too surprised. Svennis, dirty money, and dodgy political leaders seem to go hnd in hand ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 pm

FFS, you all saw the dross Sven put out, to say he has anything left to give is total madness.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sky_blue_stew » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 873608.ece
He's not going to North Korea apparently. Chilling image, though, the idea that this soft-spoken Swede could direct the Korean players in the same icy way that the regime controls its citizens. Eriksson as a dictator? Can anyone else see it?
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:19 pm

sky_blue_stew wrote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6873608.ece
He's not going to North Korea apparently. Chilling image, though, the idea that this soft-spoken Swede could direct the Korean players in the same icy way that the regime controls its citizens. Eriksson as a dictator? Can anyone else see it?

Well, he does look awfully a lot like Mr. Burns ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Return to The Maine Football forum