Maicon and Ramires to City?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Maicon and Ramires to City?

Postby shawzy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 am

I know its The Sun reporting but i can actually believe this could happen considering our weakness in the right back slot.
Maicon Deffo a poss..Not so sure about Ramires though.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... n-con.html

MANCHESTER CITY are lining up a £20million bid for Brazil full-back Maicon.

The January move is designed to blow rivals Manchester United's interest out of the water.

City also hope to land another Brazil international, Benfica midfielder Ramires, for £25m next summer if they fail with a £65m British record swoop for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.

Boss Mark Hughes has up to £100m to spend when the transfer window reopens, but feels his team now needs only a little fine tuning.

And Inter Milan's Maicon is on the hit-list, as Hughes eyes the minimum of a Champions League slot next season.

Maicon, 28, is rated one of the world's best full-backs and has started all but three of Brazil's 17 World Cup qualifiers.

His agent, Antonio Caliendo, revealed United were big admirers and that did not go unnoticed by City, who will be happy to meet the player's £90,000-a-week pay demand.

Ramires, 22, only joined Benfica for £6m this summer.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Re: Maicon and Ramires to City?

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:32 am

I know its just paper talk, but I don't know how I feel about us paying 25 mil for Ramires when he just went this summer for 6 mil. If we were that interested we should have made a bid this summer. A 19 mil profit for Benifica after just one year is a bit absurd...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby bobadji » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:49 am

I'm not gunna lie, who the fook is Ramires?
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:55 am

bobadji wrote:I'm not gunna lie, who the fook is Ramires?

He is a young Brazilian midfielder, 22 I believe. He used to play in a similar role as Felipe Melo for the national team but he started playing a bit more forward, a traditional CM role... He used to play for Cruziero in the Brazilian league...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:54 am

that was actually refreshingly funny.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:18 am

I'm right with you. Never even heard of him. And we are apparently about to splash 25m for him.

Maicon is non starter. He wouldn't move during Inter's CL campaign.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby gillie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:52 am

Ramires played in the confederations cup or coppa america for Brazil he is a good player but not worth 25 million imo.Iwould say 15 million tops.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CityGer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:58 am

Maicon is superb going forward. Every time I have seen him he has had an assist and has given the opposing left back a real hard time. Not sure about him defensively and for me, defending should be a full back's primary function.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Vhero » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:17 am

Sounds like the papers have no clue what we are gonna do as usual.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:24 am

CityGer wrote:Maicon is superb going forward. Every time I have seen him he has had an assist and has given the opposing left back a real hard time. Not sure about him defensively and for me, defending should be a full back's primary function.

Exactly.

Besides it's bit different in Italy where game is played in slooooooooooooooooooooow pace. In England, if you lose the ball going forward, you will be punished immediately.

I really really rate Zabaleta and personally I think he is just about best right back for us right now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:29 am

gillie wrote:Ramires played in the confederations cup or coppa america for Brazil he is a good player but not worth 25 million imo.Iwould say 15 million tops.

The only reason that price is being quoted is he has a release clause of 30M euros.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:03 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CityGer wrote:Maicon is superb going forward. Every time I have seen him he has had an assist and has given the opposing left back a real hard time. Not sure about him defensively and for me, defending should be a full back's primary function.

Exactly.

Besides it's bit different in Italy where game is played in slooooooooooooooooooooow pace. In England, if you lose the ball going forward, you will be punished immediately.

I really really rate Zabaleta and personally I think he is just about best right back for us right now.

My biggest worry about Zabba is his lack of presence at set pieces etc. If he stays in the team along with Bridge we may possibly have to sacrifice players from another positions to balance out their lack of ability defending in the box, which may effect our attacking style. No matter how well they both play, imo if we can find players as good but bigger or better in our penalty area, it'll improve the balance of team. Not sure Maicon is one of them though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:08 am

My biggest worry about Zabba is he is a red card waiting to happen and sells himself short many times in a match.

Richards and Zabaleta are not our answer to right back. We do need another one.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:My biggest worry about Zabba is he is a red card waiting to happen and sells himself short many times in a match.

Richards and Zabaleta are not our answer to right back. We do need another one.

I partially agree but I don't think the top PL sides have anyone who defends that much better than either. Not sure there is such a thing as a great defender these days.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 am

Maicon is brilliant and I am not sold on either Zabs or Richards. If we have the opportunity to sign someone who is a marked improvement on our starting eleven, we'd be mad not to sign them, wouldn't we?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:25 am

Ramires looked alright in the confeds cup.....but I'm not convinced he is the player we need in midfield, nor have I seen him play outside that tournament so usual healthwarnings would apply

Maicon looks very good every time i see him for Brazil and Inter....I'd have him in a shot if there is any truth in the Micah wants to go/Hughes wants shut of Micah rumours (....but I have reason to believe that there is actually no truth whatsoever in them)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum