Club won't spend in January despite paper bollox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Club won't spend in January despite paper bollox

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Vhero wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I really really like both points.

I LOVE RObbie and the fact that he plays for us AND I'm not sure there's single position on the pitch that needs urgent strenghtening. IF really top quality is available, and usually in january it isn't, then yeah but we already have numbers.

I would say RB needs it especially for when Zabba is out now Micah can no longer cut it. Could be the difference between top 4 and Europa log spot.

Agreed.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:14 pm

All that means is they're not desperate to spend in Jan but if somene exciting becomes available they will do. Robinho will decide whether he stays or not & if Barca really did want him he'd probably be tempted as he could shove it right up Madrid from there.

I don't think they will want him though. If he plays poorly for us they won't but if he plays brilliantly his value goes above £32M. Unless they offer us one or two of their very best youngsters as part ex, I can't see that being a realistic option for them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 pm

ronk wrote:
ant london wrote:
Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So, now we've got rumours to refute rumours, where will this ever end?

However, I would personally believe these quotes over that of the media's agenda driven drivvel!!!

Oscar Wilde said the only thing worse than people taking about you, is people not talking about you.

I agree with the fruit.

what is the etymology of fruit when used in that context? Is it some cockernay rhyming slang?

It's a gratuitous homophobic comment.
What is it with you and homophobic comments?, fruit is just slang for a queer, hardly makes one homophobic, I would Affectionately address a homosexual as a fag,puff,queen etc doesn’t mean I am homophobic, you are seriously too touchy, just because they are a minority group it doesn’t mean they can dictate and approve of what words the majority say and take things out of the context off which they are meant.

When I was a lad this kind off abnormal behaviour was conducted behind close doors, now they all walk around in “proud to be a fag” tshirts, and then take exception to heterosexuals addressing them by the same names that they consistently address each other,

As far as I am aware none of the words have been banned or are illegal.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby ronk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Oh yay, my very own cyber-stalker following me around.

I didn't call Slim a homophobe. I said he made a homophobic comment, actually I said it was gratuitous.

If you understood that word properly you'd know that the specific word used isn't relevant. It isn't necessary to mention that Wilde was gay just because you're quoting him. Just slipping it into the conversation is gratuitous.

But don't worry about it, I absolutely love abusive posts by people who can't understand perfectly plain English and sarcasm.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 pm

ronk wrote:Oh yay, my very own cyber-stalker following me around.

I didn't call Slim a homophobe. I said he made a homophobic comment, actually I said it was gratuitous.

If you understood that word properly you'd know that the specific word used isn't relevant. It isn't necessary to mention that Wilde was gay just because you're quoting him. Just slipping it into the conversation is gratuitous.

But don't worry about it, I absolutely love abusive posts by people who can't understand perfectly plain English and sarcasm.
I am not abusing you.

I was just making the point that you seem to have a problem with every day stereotypical words regarding gay men, sorry but I can’t help noticing it, you were whinging like a hysterical woman on my gay joke thread, calling me homophobic then low and behold a few hours later you are making the point of highlighting the meaning of “fruit” in another thread taking it out of context then backtracking and claiming it was sarcastic humour.

Simple observations mate (can I call you mate or would you prefer chuck), now you accuse me of cyber-stalking you (love It.), quick draw the curtains...

A word off advice mate, it’s difficult to pull of sarcasm over the internet you might want to remember that.

Good night
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby ronk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:30 am

I pointed out the sarcasm for your benefit, you couldn't even get that right.

I don't really see any point in explaining myself further, you might never attain the standards of comprehension required. It does, however bring us neatly back on topic.

We can go blue in the face trying to explain how we're not actively recruiting this January, papers will print it, forget it and print another rumour the day after. Some people just don't want to listen.

For posterity I'd like to point out two gems from your most recent post. Really quite entertaining (to me, not everyone will share my sense of humour). But if you don't see it please get someone else to explain or just ignore it.
I was just making the point that you seem to have a problem with every day stereotypical words regarding gay men

...on my gay joke thread, calling me homophobic...
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum