Training Tuesday 13/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 13/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:30 pm

A different day today as only 3 were doing "normal" training ( Micah/Stevie and Vinnie with the others all being involved in a specially arranged reserve game a bit later on. Benjani again working 1 to 1 and the really good news that Robinho also came out for some 1 to 1 stuff as well. Nothing with a ball but just good to see him outside running.

Even with just 3 of them Eddie got them doing some good workouts after the warm ups. Using 3 boards to play off they were playing fast one 2's which needed a good first touch and crisp accurate passing to switch the direction. Sounds easy but it wasn't. Then they changed to a variety of moves involving all the 3 which apart from the passing,crossing and finishing also focussed a lot on the recovery runs after the finish.They were pushed pretty hard during this session.

Then I went over to watch the reserve game v Doncaster and it was a strong Doncaster side. City's team was David ( the Columbian keeper) Vidal, Boyata, Mee and Silvinho in defence and Trippier,Johnson,Tutte and Garrido across the middle with RSC and Ball up top. Quiet a good game all round with Trippier looking good down the right and creating a number of good situations. Johnson showed his quality in the time he seems to have on receiving the ball and basically never gave it away. The only goal of the half was a Johnson through ball to Ball which he finished well past Sullivan. Ball missed an even better chance from a pass by Vidal ( I think) and RSC had a couple of chances , one saved by the keepers legs and the other he tried to chest down rather than head which looked the better option.

No changes at the start of the 2nd half for City but it looked like Doncaster brought on even more experience. Billy Sharp and Heffernan being 2 names up front and the game changed as we were put under more pressure. On the break we still looked dangerous but there was less space to play in but after about 60 minutes we took off RSC/Johnson/Silvinho/Garrido and Tutte with the score still at 1 nil. The new players were Clayton,Nimely,Cunningham,Poole and Marshall. The change in the flow became even more evident and with just unedr 10 minutes to go they got a soft free kick just outside the box which was just smashed into the corner. It was either straight through the wall ( if there was one) or if not just to where the keeper should have been. Within a minute they scored again from 25 yards out and it was almost a speculative shot which caught the keeper off his line.

Redshaw came on for Ball and although we got into a couple of great crossing positions they didn't beat the first man and it was Donny who almost scored again when Heffernan hit the post. A really tough work out for the boys and who knows whether we would have hung on if the 5 hadn't left the field. For Johnno and RSC more good match time under the belt and more still needed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 13/10

Postby Blue in North London » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks again, DH. Interesting to hear abnout the specially arranged friendly.

Does anyone know if the club pay the likes of Doncaster to play such friendlies?
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:40 pm

Cheers Doug!

Question: As there is so much speculation about the likes of Robbie and Micah (a few others have been mentioned as well), have you seen a change in their attitudes towards training, towards the training staff or to the club in general?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Billy Sharp.......eeeeeeeee, the one that got away
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Where do we keep getting all these keepers from?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby edge275 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug!

Question: As there is so much speculation about the likes of Robbie and Micah (a few others have been mentioned as well), have you seen a change in their attitudes towards training, towards the training staff or to the club in general?

I would also like to know this. Micah can do what he wants but is Robinho looking miserable or laughing and joking or what?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 pm

The general answer is no. I think I have said recently that Micah has actually trained well since he was dropped and he did again today. I wouldnt say he breaks his neck in the warm up parts compared to some others but in the football parts of the training the effort has been there and .Today again there was some focus on the recovery aspects of his game which we have seen to be suspect. Re Robi ,as it was his first time out today, I can't really comment. In the past though he has been a very good trainer always with a smile on his face.

Hard to know what to believe re the speculation. I suspect Barca are playing a game as they seem to want him and making sure it stays in the press using agents or whatever to unsettle the player.Best to ignore it all and get back to playing and winning games for City.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

The general answer is no. I think I have said recently that Micah has actually trained well since he was dropped and he did again today. I wouldnt say he breaks his neck in the warm up parts compared to some others but in the football parts of the training the effort has been there and .Today again there was some focus on the recovery aspects of his game which we have seen to be suspect. Re Robi ,as it was his first time out today, I can't really comment. In the past though he has been a very good trainer always with a smile on his face.

Hard to know what to believe re the speculation. I suspect Barca are playing a game as they seem to want him and making sure it stays in the press using agents or whatever to unsettle the player.Best to ignore it all and get back to playing and winning games for City.

Cheers mate, and as for the highlighted, I already do ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm

I forgot something again!!! Good news too as Zabaletta was out running this morning as well! He was having a scan yesterday so I can only assume it was good news to allow him out today. Must have a chance for Sunday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Best to ignore it all and get back to playing and winning games for City.

ahem....Beefy, just how often have you appeared for City?

And, furthermore, how many games has the Beefmeister won for the mighty Blues?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:41 pm

ant london wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Best to ignore it all and get back to playing and winning games for City.

Ahem....I was referring to the 'Best to Ignore' bit, however, could you please remind me where that FOE button is again ;-)

Anyway, I used to play for the 'The Mans City Slickers' in 5-a-side league when I was 'Darn Sarf' and we won the league.... twice.....so there!!!

FOE Button again???

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ant london wrote:

Ahem....I was referring to the 'Best to Ignore' bit, however, could you please remind me where that FOE button is again ;-)

Anyway, I used to play for the 'The Mans City Slickers' in 5-a-side league when I was 'Darn Sarf' and we won the league.... twice.....so there!!!

FOE Button again???

The Lads had to remove my foe button due to overuse I'm afraid Mr MCFC

You shall have to tolerate my sparkling input on the forum as the tedium that is my MCF.net participation grinds inexorably towards a neverending 5000 posts... haha
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:56 pm

ant london wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
ant london wrote:

FOE Button again???

You shall have to tolerate my sparkling input on the forum as the tedium that is my MCF.net participation grinds inexorably towards a neverending 5000 posts... haha

i have half a mind to race you towards 5K with a bunch of ridiculous banter with BBL, Vhero and others just so that i can post my milestone before yours. i really don't want to have to read through the asslicking yr going to get and then try and follow it up with anything reasonable in the following weeks.

have i told you i hate you lately?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:58 pm

ant london wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
ant london wrote:

FOE Button again???

Ha ha ha, KK told me it was the other way round, they took everyone elses off them because The Lads were sick of seeing your name on it ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
i have half a mind to race you towards 5K with a bunch of ridiculous banter with BBL, Vhero and others just so that i can post my milestone before yours. i really don't want to have to read through the asslicking yr going to get and then try and follow it up with anything reasonable in the following weeks.

cheers

you haven't told me, but you never call no more so it was kinda becoming apparent to one as sensitive as I

we could gay it up with a joint milestone....a co-ordinated breaching of the 10 Monkey Milestone
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
ant london wrote:The Lads had to remove my foe button due to overuse I'm afraid Mr MCFC

cheers

You Forum Whores, Special Prize for the 1st to 5000!

PS. Sorry Doug, training report was great!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 pm

There's a wonderful place called off-topic for post whoring.

It's much easier and faster to foe someone now with the change in site. See a post you don't like and 3 clicks later the poster disappears.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
ant london wrote:The Lads had to remove my foe button due to overuse I'm afraid Mr MCFC

cheers

I win...twice.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I win...twice.

Winner........here's your prize mate! Now, no druelling down the windows but if it happens, you know how to get it off ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:06 pm

WHERE THE HELL IS TODAY'S REPORT???
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site